Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2006, 00:06   #1
BHPian

Default Bill Gates challenged by Indian Boy

Be proud......Breaking news!!!

Bill gates is challenged by a 17 years old 12th Standard Indian Guy !!! Please spare few minutes from your busy schedule and do read.......It's really worth it !!!!

Just one INDIAN is challenging against Bill gates...... This is not only ground breaking news; it's space-breaking news indeed.

Forward it to as many Indians as possible.

Ramlal Bhagat, a XII std. student from Haryana, has developed a 32-bit operating system demonstrated to be far superior to any of the desktop operating systems in the market today.

The program has been named "O-Yes". O-Yes provides operating system services on any Pentium-based Personal computer (PC) and does not require MS- DOS as a base operating system.

The operating system's capabilities
were demonstrated in a student convention at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi. HCL Ltd. conducted benchmarks on the system and published results, which are partly reported here: O -Yes is 34% faster than Microsoft's Windows 95 on similar hardware.

It is 29% faster than IBM's OS/2. O-Yes loads 54% quicker than Windows 95 or OS/2. O-Yes has a customizable, user-friendly graphical User Interface (GUI), in which every program can be accessed with a maximum of two button clicks. The operating system provides plug n play capability with numerous hardware devices. It has a superior memory management function. The operating system is compatible with Windows 95 & WindowsNT4.0.

HCL, Ltd. has offered an unknown amount to Ramlal Bhagat for purchasing the rights to the software. Ramlal Bhagat, described as" quiet and philosophical" by his peers, was not available for comment.

Suresh Reddy, spokesman for HCL Ltd., said, "This is the operating system that the world has been waiting for". On HCL's move to purchase the rights to the software, he said, "We are here to ensure that Mr.Ramlal gets fair recognition and compensation for his innovation. HCL Ltd. Can provide him a firm launch-pad to market software globally".

Is this the beginning of the end of the Bill Gates' monopoly? Let's see...and hope for the best.....

Send this to as many of your friends and relatives as possible so that When the product hits the market every one will appreciate it.
__________________________________________________ __

This is what i recieved on mail... What do guys think
Old 13th May 2006, 00:14   #2
BHPian

um sinner....could we have the source for this piece? hope it's not a hoax. or maybe some thing similar to the guy who invented that 'miracle' fuel for cars.
Old 13th May 2006, 00:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

isn't this old news, i think i remember reading this on the forum a long time back as well.
Kudos to Ramlal Bhagat though !!!

manson.

Last edited by manson : 13th May 2006 at 00:23.
Old 13th May 2006, 00:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

it seems like the hoax and some ancient news considering they are testing with the dinasours of the OS business..the WIN95 and OS/2, since then we have had the WIN98 and XP and now Vista..so this seems to be some 10 yr old news and more like a hoax..
Old 13th May 2006, 00:25   #5
BHPian

i think even i have heard abt this quiet a long way back !!
Old 13th May 2006, 00:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I dont wanna dissapoint anyone here by my side of opinion. No doubt the guy is genius and has done gr8 job. There are several other operating systems that do run much faster then windows but there is no one as stable and as versatile as windows. Even windows direct competitors LINUX are making their OS as good a windows and this proves that Windows is heart and soul of all the operating systems. By this i mean that ppl do really try to make thier is just like windows (or taking them as their platform) but at one or the other point they fail. There was a news few years back that 2 chd guys are have made a os just like windows and its better and faster but it eventually got failed coz they could no provide the flexibility that WINDOWS provide.

Another example is Lindows. They challenged windows that they can run any app that windows can run on thier linux os named Lindows. And guess what they succeeded the first test of running office xp but it also eventually ended up the same like others. And why is that ? Coz Windows is windows and Linux is Linux.

I dont dissagree that the guy who has created the OS O-Yes has done a remarkable job but the amount of flexibility windows provide will never be seen in that OS or any other os. His OS may be faster that windows in working but not stable as windows. I agree windows do crash but when ?? when you play with it a lot and i mean alot.

If i were bill gates i would have hired this guy at mictosoft as a programmer for sure make no mistake about it. I really appreciate his efforts and congarts him on his O-yes operating systesm he has developed and i am sure bill gates will to appreciate this kid.

Just my thoughts. No offence to any one.

Thanks.

P.S. If you want your windows to run faster by 30% use Speeder XP.
Old 13th May 2006, 00:56   #7
Team-BHP Support

Exclamation Thread Closed

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Do make sure that you provide the original source for every piece of material that has been taken from a website/publication/email, to give credit to the original author.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

This piece of material is termed SPAM. This thread is closed.
Closed Thread