Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 1st April 2013, 22:54   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Kingfisher Airlines "No refund for Cancelled flights" Scam

engrohit
You only lost a few thousands. Some of my friends have lost lakhs and are still searching for another job... After years of putting their heart and soul into their work....Yes you guessed right.. they were employees. The only difference between being benched in a IT company and working in IT (Not a joke - the two letter IATA code of the airline was IT...all their flight nos were IT xxxx) was that in the former you get paid for doing nothing for no fault of yours and in the latter you never got paid for the last few months again for doing nothing for no fault of yours....!!!!
TKMCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
You knew Kingfisher was in trouble in Oct 2012, but you still went ahead and booked a ticket. Key takeaway from this incident: Do not use the services of an airline (or any other product/service company) that is in financial trouble.
I actually booked in August '12, but yes no denying that the trouble was brewing even then
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
In short: There's virtually no guarantee you will get a refund, but there's no harm in filing a case in the consumer court.
Not sure about the no harm bit, but thanks for the pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
There is one thing you can try:

Assuming, of course, that you can find an open Kingfisher office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Thanks Vikram, definitely trying this and also there was a link on the DGCA website for grievances. Have written to them as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
engrohit
You only lost a few thousands. Some of my friends have lost lakhs and are still searching for another job... After years of putting their heart and soul into their work....Yes you guessed right.. they were employees. The only difference between being benched in a IT company and working in IT (Not a joke - the two letter IATA code of the airline was IT...all their flight nos were IT xxxx) was that in the former you get paid for doing nothing for no fault of yours and in the latter you never got paid for the last few months again for doing nothing for no fault of yours....!!!!
I fully empathize with your friends and thousand others, this is the worst nightmare coming true for salaried class like us, who have taken loans for cars and homes and then find ourselves with no source of income and a Job so specialized that it's not easy to simply switch industries.

I am kind of reconciled to the fact that the money is Gone forever. As honeybee said, Investment for learning!!
engrohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:35   #18
BHPian

I heard from a rostering crew that mallya's friends and politico's used to travel 1st class almost every other day for Free ! He is also waiting for his papers and pending salary from a long time. The aircrafts are rusting in the airports and still mallya isn't bothered.... state run banks financed his venture.

You'd probably be better off trying not to regain this amount.

Last edited by Ford5 : 2nd April 2013 at 12:36.
Ford5 is offline   Reply With Quote