Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 30th August 2004, 15:51   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]AdFleet "re-invents the wheel" with innovative outdoor advertising campaigns riding on non-rotating wheel covers worn by taxis. The campaign was launched in Los Angeles, California, and will soon be rolling out in most major cities across the country.

AdFleet launched its inaugural ground-breaking advertising campaigns unveiling wheel covers for client companies including: Taco Bell, Los Angeles Dodgers, Virgin Cola, Jiffy Lube and 1-800CheapSeats.com. AdFleet expects to offer advertisers the option of using its new outdoor medium in a number of the country's largest cities including Dallas, Houston, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta, among others.
Source : Motor Trend
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2004, 16:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

American roads just got uglier. I am sure they have found a way for the signboard to not rotate when the car is moving.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2004, 16:29   #3
BHPian

Man thats sucks YUK now thats realy ugly???
Team Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2004, 16:37   #4
Team-BHP Support

They introduced advertising on the wheels of Indy cars some years back. I think I read about it in Motor Trend itself. However, these would only become visible when the cars are moving...kinda like those flip-through books we used to get when we were kids.

I dont think the idea really caught on though coz I really dont remember seeing any cars with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I am sure they have found a way for the signboard to not rotate when the car is moving.
The RR emblem on the Phantom follows is always upright even when the wheel is turning.

Rt
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2004, 18:16   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 30 2004,14:36)]I am sure they have found a way for the signboard to not rotate when the car is moving.
LOL, when i was 8yrs old or something i sketched out an idea for wheelcaps that were weighted at the bottom so they would not rotate when the wheels were spinning.... it was for my dreamcar at the time....the tata sierra with the sierra logo always being horizontal to the ground...

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2004, 19:31   #6
Team-BHP Support

This is freaky!! I got this bit of spam in my inbox today...wierd that it shoulkd happen right after this post! Check out this site...selling motionless hubcaps!!!

linky

Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2004, 11:49   #7
BHPian

that thing seriously sucks...
Power Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2004, 12:05   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]LOL, when i was 8yrs old or something i sketched out an idea for wheelcaps that were weighted at the bottom
Hahahha, you were eight and designing wheelcaps! Actually I never gave up till my final year in Mithibai College. All those boring lectures were spent designing cars and listing modifications for current cars.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2004, 13:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 31 2004,10:35)]Hahahha, you were eight and designing wheelcaps! Actually I never gave up till my final year in Mithibai College. All those boring lectures were spent designing cars and listing modifications for current cars.

GTO
hey thats excatly wat i do now
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2004, 14:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

GTO and heavy foot... i second ur bad habit....lol.

I had done a concept of a 40 seater bus, normal like anyone you see on the road, except that it could flip around and convert each and every seat into a bed, in the same area. Way too complicated to explain. Will try and draw one out sometime.

I always felt it was a viable option and good for long distance overnight journeys.

Till then

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote