Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 23rd June 2006, 14:33   #31
BHPian

ranjan cmr5 is good but it has lots of repeated stages from cmr4 i have played all the cmr tittles 1-5 and nothing comes close to cmr2 btw if u really want to a real rally game get ur self richard burns rally its next to the real thing it has real time left foot braking and lot more...but for me the best racing game is gt3,gt4,rbr,gt legends and lfs
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 14:47   #32
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I'd love that. NFS 5 was more simulation and less gaming. Imagine gaining a sec per lap just, by adjusting the tyre pressure and toe angles. Now that's what i call detailing.

Shan2nu
Yeah and I still play that game everyday ... but now i play Multiplayer Mode.
Only two of us right now its so fun each time we race, we seem to get the better out. You just need to download some 600 odd KB software and it generates you a dumy IP address and you are on. Believe me im playing since one and half months not even once the connection has broken.
So anybody interested in burning rubber .... Come on.

Last edited by F50 : 23rd June 2006 at 14:48.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 14:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

I think every game has it's advantages and disadvantages. No game is complete/perfect.

I'd rather have all the racing games than stick with one. I like GT4 but i still play NFS5 and CMR2.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 15:04   #34
BHPian

need for speed underground and most wanted are the best . cmr is good tooo
garvit2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:29   #35
BHPian

Default Mc3?????

Ok i love the NFS Most Wanted the best as of now. The graphics, the storyline and the gameplay. But i heard that Midnight Club 3 : DUB Edition is way better than NFS. Inspired by MC series , NFS tried its hands at the similar illegal street racing in Underground but failed to match the standards of MC. So what say guys? Dont tell me that u never played MC3!!!!
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2006, 15:26   #36
BHPian

NFS Most Wanted is so unrealistic. I mean come on guys. Who races a Murcielago, DB9 and even a Ford GT on the streets of some stupid nuclear winter city.
I like the cop chases in the game though.
For me, the best racing game is Toca Race Driver 3 followed by NFS Porsche Unleashed. I just loved driving the lovely Porsches along the Pyrenees and even on the Autobahn. And the factory driver mode was cool too.
Have you guys ever played Corvette Racing. It was released in 2003 to mark Corvette's 50th anniversary and has all the Corvettes from 1953 to 2003.
Realism is pretty good in the game but the soundtrack sucks.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 15:37   #37
BHPian

race gaming depends on various moods and factors too right?....so if one wants to blow a bottle of NOS then I guess its the NFS series a little more realism would shift you to GT and if times and drivingstyles are really that important to you than CMR is one of the leading games out there...lets wait for fast and the furious tokyo drift and nfs:carbon now shall we
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 17:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Well, as far as car behavior goes, GT4 has it all. Just the fact that you're given the chance to experiment with 745 cars which not only sound different but drive differentely is just astonishing!!

Just try driving the Honda NSX, Honda NSX-R and the Acura NSX around the Nurburgring. You might think they're all the same, considering they all look alike but no, there's a world of diff between the way these cars handle, accelerate and brake.

It's impossible to get a clean lap on all the cars at first go (even though you know the track by-heart), bcoz what works with one car, doesn't work with the other (no matter how similar they might be to look at).

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote