Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 26th September 2013, 08:43   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: HV Kumar's cellphone suspended based on one lame complaint! Now Restored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
won't a BSNL with its superior coverage be a better option for you.
BSNL is at its worst @ my place. You won't get much coverage outside city limits. Even on prominent kasbas, there is zero coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
No, Loop coverage is good across the country, never faced any serious network issues. I do have a prepaid BSNL card, but its coverage is very bad, its signals so weak that I do not even get it in my office in South Bombay.
I think Air Tel provides coverage to Loop in this part, hence the coverage was so good the last time you came around.

I am glad I ported my BSNL no to Air Tel.

OT ; Been hearing good network coverage by BSNL in J&K, true?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 09:13   #137
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: HV Kumar's cellphone suspended based on one lame complaint! Now Restored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
BSNL is at its worst @ my place. You won't get much coverage outside city limits. Even on prominent kasbas, there is zero coverage.
BSNL does not work inside my office in South Bombay

Quote:
OT ; Been hearing good network coverage by BSNL in J&K, true?
BSNL has the best all-round coverage across India, especially the remotest of places. In JK, BSNL works in most places, and I never had any serious voice fade-out issues in BSNL calls.

BSNL 3G also works in most places unlike other operators whose data services don;t work at all in many places!
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 09:18   #138
Senior - BHPian

Further updates on my mobile number:

1. I paid my previous month's bill, although it was delayed beyond its due date of Sep 16, due to the ongoing suspension of my number - but now that the number has been restored, I paid up the last month's bill.

2. I applied for re-activation of International Roaming in the number, but I get an automated message saying that "sorry your request cannot be processed” - looks like Loop is now blocking services to my number??

3. Loop is yet to give me a formal communication regarding restoration of my number. The have also not answered my queries regarding procedures followed to investigate complaints, protection of users' data, "market practices" of defaming customers, credit in current month bills for non-availability of mobile services for 18 days, etc
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 09:21   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
BSNL does not work inside my office in South Bombay
might be OT: and not suitable for this thread as well, but I have not heard of problems with networks of Vodafone. They are quite good at it. I use loop too as a secondaru number, and I am fed up with their Customer Service. My primary number is Reliance, and it gives me good coverage and charges are reasonable as well, especially 3G.
carzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 09:47   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

@hvkumar; A schwein always remains that.All services incl International should have been restored automatically. I think you haul up the bosses once again.

As for BSNL for a long time they were the only Op in J & K. Old habits die hard - we were in Leh, their network was down for - wait for it - four days! They are good in remote areas, since if they have an exchange, they add a tower. Connectivity etc. are very poor in urban (esp crowded) areas.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote