Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 27th September 2013, 17:31   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Remembering Sam Kapasi - The YETI Anniversary

Still remember last meeting with at Auto expo Delhi.
So cheerful & full of life person he was !

We miss you Sam.

May one day you return with Yeti Blog - "A Trip - express highway to heaven".
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 17:51   #32
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Remembering Sam Kapasi - The YETI Anniversary

I just finished reading ALL the entries on http://www.yetilife.com/, and a big part of me is very very sad that there won't ever be any new entries again. :( Every post is so full of life it feels like he is right across from you narrating it in person...

Someone was mentioning that Jenny and Sam also wrote a lot about that their travels. Is that on a separate website? Could someone please share the URL here?

The Yeti has left the building. :(
TheLizardKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 19:33   #33
BHPian

Unfortunately, I was ignorant about this wonderful human being up until now. Thanks to this thread, I read up on him and after having discovered him, I plan to read up a lot more.

I was overwhelmed to see the outpourings of grief and remembrances, not only by people who had met him, but also by people who had only read him. It's a great human being who can influence so many and make them remember him so fondly after he is no more.

In true spirit of what Sam stood for, let us celebrate his life, more than grieving his death.

As the saying goes, "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away". I am sure Sam lived it up with such joie de vivre, that he would have had countless such moments!

Here's to you, Sam! Cheers to you and cheers to the "Yeti Life" -the way to live!
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 20:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Someone was mentioning that Jenny and Sam also wrote a lot about that their travels. Is that on a separate website? Could someone please share the URL here?

The Yeti has left the building. :(
The ones you are talking about are in the Travelogues section right here on Team-BHP.

The last 5 at the following link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...c&daysprune=-1

Also, the first 8 at the following link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...c&daysprune=-1

Last edited by a*ed : 27th September 2013 at 20:27.
a*ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 05:22   #35
BHPian

Its been a year since the tragedy and we all know how much we miss Sam and his blogs. He was someone who could bring things alive in his post.
When he wrote about the art of preparing Coffee, you could almost smell it.
His travelogues always created an fascination about the places he visited. Every post of his ended with a plethora of fans waiting for the next post.
He lives on in each and every one of his post. Long after his death, he still has the power to make us smile in his memory.
The BIG buy lived his life BIG. What we all know as the Yeti® Style.
Maverift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 18:11   #36
BHPian

Memories of Sam always brings a smile to our faces. His blogs and life are an inspiration. This thread proves how The Yeti enriched each of our lives.
Forever grateful to you. Thanks brother.
Burn_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 23:48   #37
BHPian

Oh my holy god. i've been a moronic workaholic and missed reading up the news, but this is a shock to my senses. I've been a voracious Yeti blog reader and just cannot fathom the loss of Sam. I'm ranting guys but forgive me, "the Yeti" was a god of all things and I remember trying to keep up with his germany tour with Jenny and the fun he used to inculcate in his experiences. Sad day. R I P Sam.
Sometimes some people in the virtual world are so close to you that you cannot imagine the meaning of death. I am really in tears as I write this because I followed his writings, his musings and admired and maybe hero worshiped Sam. May god provide Jenny the love he had shown through Sam in her life always.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Also please check properly before posting. Your post had too many suffix (ive = I've) and lower case issues.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd October 2013 at 08:34.
rohitgaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 10:13   #38
BHPian

I was a big fan of Yeti, the way in which he writes and the humour was something which would bind fast anyone to his threads/posts/blogs. Sadly I could not interact with him directly since I was a non member at that time, though I used to eagerly wait for his threads. Miss him and his blogs, RIP Sam.
shinuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 14:04   #39
BHPian

I never met Sam, but before I applied to become a member - his posts were pivotal in my decision. I was wary of auto-groups because they are usually male spaces but, Sam's posts were very open-minded, not sexist as well as taking into account other marginalisations. That made it feel like a safe space and that's how I applied to become a member. The legend lives on in his legacy. RIP
msbehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 22:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, I joined this forum in 2013 and got to know about Mr. Sam from a fellow bhpian. I went on reading his posts yesterday and just want to say that my English language is not even 5% as good as Sam sir used in his threads. I consider myself very unfortunate to have missed a chance of interacting with him. Sam sir, We all miss you and I wish you all the happiness in heaven.

Thank You Sir.

AD
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 00:12   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam understood English better than I do. He loved it and studied it, whereas I was merely born to speaking it.

Thanks to Team-BHP for making sure he is never forgotten.

~
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 10:31   #42
BHPian

Here's to Sam.

The man who touched thousands of lives without him ever knowing it.
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 11:06   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Whoever has ever read Sam's wonderful posts even once will never forget him. I was unfortunate not to have interacted with him one to one, but merely reading his posts brought me closer to him in a way. I never met him, but his writings were more than enough to portray his grand personality.

He will always be remembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sam understood English better than I do. He loved it and studied it, whereas I was merely born to speaking it.
That is a very big hearted compliment to the man who truly deserves it. Getting such a compliment from someone whose mother tongue is English and is himself so proficient in the language really says a lot about Sam.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 13:15   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

That is a very kind thing to say too.

I have the advantage of having been schooled in UK in the days before the teaching of grammar went out of fashion --- but I remember very little of it.

I'm so glad that I did have the opportunity to meet Sam and Jenny, even though it was just a for a few minutes. Yes, really, he was larger than life, in real life.

April 2008: I think it was their honey-moon tour, and I guess Sam must have gone out of his way to make sure that he dropped in on many online friends.

Name:  sam.JPG
Views: 1319
Size:  116.5 KB
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 14:02   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

April 2008: I think it was their honey-moon tour, and I guess Sam must have gone out of his way to make sure that he dropped in on many online friends.
Thank you very much for sharing the wonderful moment.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote