Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 25th June 2004, 04:17   #1
BHPian

Man..i cant belive this, i thought hotmail was atleast going to match yahoo and not goo overbored..but i guess i was wrong..250mb of space and some other cool features will be on the charts for us and the ppl who are paying for hotmail 2gb.insane haah!! but it helps to send attachments worth 10mb now..this rocks..thats y they say competition is always healthy for the customer and the industry..more the competition more everyone gets...including the blood sucking companies

cheers

_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2004, 13:12   #2
F50
Senior - BHPian

Hey Crazy when are they going to switch to 250mb ne idea i just checked my account it still shows old space ..... Man I cant wait .... Finally
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2004, 17:20   #3
BHPian

Customer Rulezzzzz !!!
2fast2furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2004, 16:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

250mb
drool
waitin ...........
whens it gonna happen
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2004, 22:21   #5
BHPian

I know its awesome..almost everyone uses hotmail and so this is gr8 news...anyhow I read it should start sometime in the 1st/2nd week of july..these guys are making preperations for it.

my account is always full and emails bounce back and I cant even delete most of my emails cuz they are important, but now I will only be taking 1% of the space : ) which is cool..

anyhow gmail is a very powerful tool as well..love it..

Cheers

_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2004, 21:36   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Alright people...its here! Just received this mail in my hotmail Inbox from MSN.

Dear MSN® Hotmail® Member:

As a valued MSN Hotmail Member, we want you to know that there are some exciting changes coming soon to your account that will help you do more, receive more and store more than ever before. And it's FREE.

That's not all. We're rolling out email antivirus protection as well as enhanced storage to help meet your growing needs. This will make MSN Hotmail, a world class email service that both scans and cleans ingoing and outgoing email for viruses and worms before they enter your inbox.

In addition to delivering world-class antivirus protection, you can also look forward to an upgrade in your storage capacity. In fact, you'll receive 125 times your current email storage with the introduction of a 250 MB inbox as well as the ability to send attachments up to 10 MB.

We'd like to thank you for being a valued MSN Hotmail Member and look forward to telling you about more exciting changes to your Hotmail account in the coming months.

We will send an update on when and how these exciting changes will be made to your account within two weeks. Please check your email for this important update.

Thank you, and enjoy the good news.

MSN Hotmail Member Services

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2004, 22:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

Awesome to finally hear some confirmation.

Just hope it happens soon so i dont have to worry about important mails larger than 200k bouncing anymore!@!@
What the hell is taking these microsoft morons so long?
If only they would offer everyone 250MB right NOW even if they cant provide all the storage at the moment.... because it will take more than a year for hotmail to even reach 50% of its 250mb per person storage capacity!

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2004, 04:44   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ July 04 2004,21:08)]What the hell is taking these microsoft morons so long?
Ummmm...... What are they waiting for? Christmas??

If it wasnt for the pains involved in "changing" email addresses im sure they would have lost a HUGE chunk of their mail users.

Its been WAY more than two weeks since GTO posted that mail... and still no sign of any more storeage space.

Im quite pissed.
MSN morons.....
Old 5th August 2004, 11:32   #9
gTr
BHPian

So am i.Mr. Sabeer Bhatia? Whats going on.
gTr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2004, 13:14   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Mr. Sabeer Bhatia? Whats going on.
Didn't he sell out long back?? Like any smart Indian...knows when to quite while he's ahead

Rt
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2004, 13:25   #11
BHPian

Hey guys,
from what i heard, Hotmail should upgrade to 250 mb by the end of August. Cant wait for a bigger mailbox man.
salil_kulkarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2004, 14:30   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Aug. 05 2004,11:44)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Mr. Sabeer Bhatia? Whats going on.
Didn't he sell out long back?? Like any smart Indian...knows when to quite while he's ahead

Rt
Yes he did sell Hotmail to Microsoft long back.
And since then hotmail has just been getting worse.

And this is why i am cursing microsoft. $#%@#%&
2MB...thats a joke!

Salil, im sure they will upgrade sometime, but the thing is that they said that it would be done by the 20th July! [img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img]
(as seen in what GTO has pasted in the earlier thread.. however i never got that mail..which is strange!)

R
Old 5th August 2004, 14:34   #13
Team-BHP Support

The only reason I still use hotmail is coz of its compatibility with Outlook express. If not for this, I would have dropped it a long time ago.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2004, 14:52   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
(as seen in what GTO has pasted in the earlier thread.. however i never got that mail..which is strange!)
I havent received it in my other hotmail box either. Buttttttttttttttt the hotmail where I did receive it is registered with my Boston address. But where have they mentioned 20th July? They have only said that they will send an update within two weeks.

They claim its going to be done by "autumn". If you want an ad-free 2GB hotmail, its available now and for $20/year.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2004, 15:10   #15
Team-BHP Support

Ok true,

They didnt mention 20th July for the upgrade..sorry about that.... i got a bit carried away
But they didnt even get back to you by the 20th July (2weeks from date of email) did they?

These cheap guys were also trying to "sell" 250mb of storeage as a premium account upto about a week or two back!!

Rtech, you mean to say that yahoo/gmail etc dont support POP3?

cheers
R