Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 14th November 2013, 17:44   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Ferrari Collectibles from your friendly Shell Outlet

Quote:
Shell today announced the launch of a new promotion in collaboration with Ferrari and the LEGO Group. India is one of the few countries in the world to experience the introduction of a range of limited edition, buildable, collectible Ferrari models made from LEGO bricks. The unique LEGO models and LEGO minifigures are available for purchase exclusively at Shell stations across India (Bangalore, Mysore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat and Baroda).

The new Shell promotion introduces six exclusive Ferrari Model LEGO collectables that are based on some of the most iconic vehicles in Ferrari’s motoring history. This exciting collection brings together three of the most notable global brands in the world and celebrates over 60 years of a shared passion for performance between Shell and Ferrari.
The Cars

Shell and the LEGO Group have created six of the most iconic and unique models associated with Ferrari. The models included in the promotion are the

(Apologies for poor mobile pics as my SLR gave up on me and the promised soft copies had not reached in time)

Scuderia Ferrari Truck

Ferrari Collectibles from your friendly Shell Outlet-imag0685.jpg

The Ferrari F40,

Ferrari Collectibles from your friendly Shell Outlet-imag0688.jpg

The Ferrari 150 Italia,

Ferrari Collectibles from your friendly Shell Outlet-imag0690.jpg

The Ferrari 458 Italia

Ferrari Collectibles from your friendly Shell Outlet-imag0689.jpg

The Ferrari FXX

Ferrari Collectibles from your friendly Shell Outlet-imag0691-1.jpg

The Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta

Ferrari Collectibles from your friendly Shell Outlet-imag0686.jpg

AVAILABILITY CRITERIA
Fuels purchase
— Fill up 25 L - Shell Unleaded or Diesel

— Fill up 20 L - Shell Super Unleaded

— Accumulated receipt of 4 fills for bikers

Add Rs 249 and walk out with one of these

Lubricants purchase

— Purchase Advanced Ultra/Helix Ultra

Last edited by ajmat : 18th November 2013 at 11:44.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 19:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Ferrari Collectibles from your friendly Shell Outlet

So they are not free? You need to fill fuel worth 2K and then pay Rs.275 to buy these?

I thought it was the free promotion like before.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 19:31   #3
E63
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2013 at 16:14.
E63 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 14th November 2013, 20:14   #4
BHPian

Good move indeed. In my opinion they should have devised a scheme in which a customer can accumulate the loyalty points and redeem for other merchandizes like caps, key chains etc.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 21:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ouch, this time they are giving Lego models !!!
Them, am not buying them atleast with the 275 bucks that they are asking, although I am/will be a loyal Shell customer (will take it if its free).

Last time, they were giving out Branded Ferrari models, with pull back action and 2-Gear move. So you pull back the car and release it, it goes a small distance in small speed, then revvs up and goes fast !!
Was/Is a treat to play with them.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 01:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

I believe these miniature Lego cars themselves cost about Rs. 275 and they might have marked priced at Rs 700, so as to make the customer feel they are saving cool Rs. 425 over the car.

If I were in for filling in fuel from Shell I did skip putting in more Rs 275 for those awkward looking cars.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 01:55   #7
BHPian

Ugh! really, except the Ferrari truck, none of the other models look pleasing. 458 looks like an SUV and F40, better not to talk about it. The funniest thing is, one have to pay additional 275 rs to collect one of these. May be, they are targeting the future petrol heads, the kids.
ecenandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 04:27   #8
Team-BHP Support

I preferred the lill Ferraris they gave out last time as part of the promotion. Don't really find the other models attractive, save for the truck as part of this offer.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 07:54   #9
Team-BHP Support

Shell does NOT manage their promos very well. Who in their right mind would shell out (heh!) additional money to get the toy when they're spending something like 4k on the fuel already?!!

When the first collectible promo was on, they ran it only in Bangalore and select outlets in other places. Pune (Hinjewadi) was excluded. They later included this outlet but as a "lucky draw" system...needless to say I was not lucky. As a loyal customer who filled 4k worth of fuel every couple of weeks, their promo left me cold. And this one seems equally harebrained.

Shell needs to realise they have a solid customer base that values the honest service they deliver but because of the price differential with PSUs they will always be fighting a losing battle. A sound promotion that rewards genuine loyalty would go a much longer way than these half hearted schemes.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 10:25   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Shell does NOT manage their promos very well. Who in their right mind would shell out (heh!) additional money to get the toy when they're spending something like 4k on the fuel already?!!

The Ferrari 150 Italia.

Took it so I can spend some more money and courier it to my nephew.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 10:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Shell does NOT manage their promos very well.
They sure don't. As I am a regular customer for their SULP (both for car and bike), during a recent fill they gave me a card and requested me to participate in the online "Talk to Shell" campaign to share customer feed back. We have to fill the code found on this card and the invilce no. on the online questionnaire.

I would have happily done it without any inducement, but the girl added once I got their email acknowledgement, I will be given Rs 100.00 worth of SULP free, which I thought was an icing on the cake.

After I participated and gave my feed back, the message flashed "Thank you for your participation! Your name has been included for a lucky dip and if you are the winner, you will get free SULP worth Rs 100.00!"

A raffle for Rs 100.00 worth of fuel? Come on Shell! This is an insult! I would have been perfectly happy with a mere "thank you!"
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 10:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Cute , but payment on top of petrol maybe a bit too much , they could have created a slab structure which allowed some to get it as a gift.

For example

Fuel worth 4000 : free
Fuel worth 3000-4000 : Add 100
Fuel less than 3000 : Add 200
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 10:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Good initiative - but payment on the top of the bill is not good. It makes sense to add payment for cars with less fuel tank capacity. Otherwise, just increase the limit to 35 litres and omit the additional payment part.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:13   #14
Team-BHP Support

Here's the TV ad:

Shell India - Lego

These have the same pull-back and go type micro-propelled engine.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2013 at 16:30. Reason: Correcting youtube link. Simply add the youtube.com url :)
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Interesting promotion. This might have a high connect for people who have kids that love lego toys (a few of my cousins are die-hard fans, and so am I ) But yes the entry criteria is a bit cheesy.

Btw the cost of the toy would definitely be more than 275 bucks - Lego toys are not that cheap if I remember correctly.

Edit: Is this available at all Shell outlets across the country?

Last edited by ninjatalli : 15th November 2013 at 11:24.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote