Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th December 2013, 22:45   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: R.I.P. Paul Walker!

Thinking about the Fast and Furious 7 without Paul Walker is very weird because the success of the franchise was attributed to a great extent to him. It is so sad that due to somebody else's fault he had to pay up with his life. The loss is unparalleled and worldwide his fans and well wishers shall surely observe a void created by his untimely death on seeing the forthcoming fast and furious movie. R.I.P PAUL WALKER

thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 01:02   #92
BHPian

Thanks for the video. Quite an impressive car collection. Paul Walker truly lives up to his on screen FnF image from the looks of it.
Rohit Manohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2014, 13:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

Dear all, Was watching 2 Fast 2 Furious on star movies just now. So just took a screen shot with Paul as its been more than a month since he passed. I am posting the same here for all of us to re-visit the history the Fast and Furious movies created and at the same time once again wish Paul a peaceful life in heaven.

thanks

AD
Attached Thumbnails
R.I.P. Paul Walker!-photo0470.jpg  

ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 11:38   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Porsche Sued Over Crash That Killed Paul Walker

Quote:
Los Angeles: The wife of a man who was driving a Porsche sports car that crashed and killed "Fast and Furious" actor Paul Walker is suing the automaker, alleging it designed a faulty vehicle.

The wrongful death and negligence lawsuit was filed yesterday in Los Angeles by Kristine Rodas, the wife of Walker's friend and business partner Roger Rodas.

The lawsuit against Porsche Cars North America claims the company's 2005 Porsche Carrera GT suffered from design flaws and had a malfunctioning suspension that caused the November crash and both men's deaths.

Authorities have cited unsafe speed as a cause of the crash. But Kristine Rodas' complaint says her husband was driving the Porsche at 88.5 kph before the accident. An email message sent to Porsche seeking comment was not immediately returned.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 14:54   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Paul Walker’s daughter sued Porsche for wrongful death on Monday, claiming the sports car that her father was in when he was killed suffered from numerous design defects.
The lawsuit filed by Meadow Rain Walker seeks unspecified damages for defects that her lawyers claim kept the actor trapped in the Porsche Carrera GT when it crashed and burst into flames in November 2013.
Quote:
The wrongful-death suit claims the car, which was marketed as a street-legal race car, lacked a proper stability control system and safeguards to protect occupants and keep it from catching fire after a collision.
“Absent these defects in the Porsche Carrera GT, Paul Walker would be alive today,” the lawsuit states.
More

I would rather say ( I know one should not talk ill of the dead) that if they had probably driven slower, they would have been alive today.
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 15:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
??
Then that means the tree and the pole were doing 100kmph.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 01:05   #97
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Did they crash into the tree? Yes.
Did Walker die on Impact or did he die due to the fire? No, Yes according to the daughter and the post mortem.
Did people try to rescue him and were they succesful? Yes and no.

If the car company had any fault in this crash it will come out. The daughter lost her dad, she has all the right to fight for that. It will give her a closure.

I will let this video do the explanation.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 11:23   #98
Team-BHP Support

Porsche has put the death of Paul Walker down to reckless driving.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2015, 20:01   #99
BHPian

Well done Porsche. Let's not give this Paul Walker any more attention than this guy deserves. A soldier dies for his country and nobody gives a flying expletive. Some movie actor dies and the world is crying a river's worth of tears. Cheap, over the top, crass movies that glamorize reckless driving, crime, and over all indecent behavior.

I remember when I was in California, USA once. A lot of the kids there used to street race on public roads when the first movie came out, I can't believe some people actually think the movie material is good enough to inspire their real life behavior. I still can't believe making a movie of a couple of gun toting middle aged guys driving cheap, leaf spring suspension cars became a super hit franchise. The success of this movie is more or less a reflection of society's maturity level.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 2nd October 2015 at 20:03.
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2015, 00:56   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Well done Porsche. Let's not give this Paul Walker any more attention than this guy deserves. A soldier dies for his country and nobody gives a flying expletive. Some movie actor dies and the world is crying a river's worth of tears. Cheap, over the top, crass movies that glamorize reckless driving, crime, and over all indecent behavior.
Thank you for saying so! This needs to be said and repeated. As if we did not have enough reasons for disillusioned youths in this country who relate 'coolness' with driving like a maniac.

And on top of that directing unfounded hate towards a such a brilliant car, which is the CGT.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 07:04   #101
BHPian

The motive behind the lawsuit is plain and simple. The lawyer / law firm smelt blood and is seeing dollar signs in the air. The idea is that suing the company will likely lead to an out of court settlement (considering how VW group has handled legal cases in the past). The daughter of Paul Walker will get some money (that she certainly doesn't need - she's pretty loaded as is), the lawyers will get their cut and everyone gets to walk away.

The case actually going to trial is certainly not what the lawyer wants.

The whole scenario has been covered beautifully by Matt Farah here if anyone wants to listen from the 65 min 17 sec mark - http://shoutengine.com/TheSmokingTir...pitation-12840
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2015, 11:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Default After daughter, now Paul Walker's father sues Porsche

Paul Walker's father filed a lawsuit against Porsche for negligence and wrongful death at the Los Angeles Superior Court. His lawsuit claims that the Porsche Carrera GT (accident vehicle) lacked safety features that could have saved the occupants' life. He stated that the supercar lacked an electronic stability control system, side-door reinforcements and a fuel cut off system, that could prevent the car from bursting into flames after the crash. It also mentions that the seat belt design trapped Walker, who was still alive even after the crash. The speed mentioned in the suit states that the car was being driven by Roger Rodas between 63 - 71 mph at the time of crash.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 28th November 2015 at 11:27.
S2!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2015, 21:04   #103
BHPian

As much as I am a Paul Walker fan, I hate to see Porsche being sued again over this matter. I dont really see the point.
anand_lukose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 22:14   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Well said D33-PAC. I couldn't have expressed myself better. I think they should sue the tree or pole that came rushing at 100 kmph! Nothing but the greed of $ under America's imbalanced Law of Torts.
V.Narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 08:25   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Porsche Sued Over Crash That Killed Paul Walker

Porsche not at fault for Paul Walker's fatal crash - Judge rules there was no evidence of wrongdoing .

Quote:
The suit was filed by Rodas' wife, Kristine, who claimed her husband was killed because the Carrera GT he was driving lacked several key safety features including a "crash cage" and fuel cell. The lawsuit also claimed the car's suspension failed before the fatal crash.

In his ruling, Gutierrez said there was not enough evidence to determine whether not or the car lacked proper safety components. The judge also said there was no evidence that the Carrera GT's suspension failed before the crash. As the judge explained, “[The] plaintiff has provided no competent evidence that Rodas’ death occurred as a result of any wrongdoing on the part of [the] defendant
http://www.motor1.com/news/62025/por...s-fatal-crash/

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th April 2016 at 08:27.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote