Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th December 2013, 17:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default India's new Light Combat Aircraft, Tejas. How good is it?

There have been several articles about India's new Light Combat Aircraft Tejas recently.

I would like to understand how good it really is. I've searched quite a bit on the Internet, but there is very little that makes sense. A lot of is, no offense, a lot of nationalistic gung-ho. That's fine, but it doesn't really provide factual information. I fully appreciate the relevance and what it can mean to a nation to have the in-house capabilities to design and build these sort of aircrafts. But I'm just an aviation enthusiast and part time pilot, who just wants to understand planes. Not interested in the economics of geo political relevance at this point in time.

I'm just interested to have a bit of a factual understanding on what this Tejas is really about and what it will do for the Indian Air force. Everybody seems to agree it will be much better than the current MIG21. Some compare it to the F16, (which is being phased out by most western air forces at the moment).

So anybody can help out with a bit of a aviation/military/technical showdown on this new aircraft?

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 19:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: India's new Light Combat Aircraft, Tejas. How good is it?

I would suggest you visit the following websites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas
www.bharat-rakshak.com
www.ajaishukla.blogspot.in
www.livefistdefence.com
ada.gov.in
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 10:51   #3
BHPian

Default Re: India's new Light Combat Aircraft, Tejas. How good is it?

Probably an appropriate time to reopen this old thread, since IAF recently inducted Tejas to form the "‘Flying Daggers" squadron.
And here is an useful read for all the nay-sayers and fence-sitters...
https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comme...as_falsehoods/

Fly high Tejas!!
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote