Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 5th February 2016, 09:17   #166
BHPian

This is grim news indeed. However given the fan following, we can definitely expect a statement from the family soon. Till then no use speculating. The legend is definitely fighting, but all we can do is pray for him.
blackwasp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 16:07   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!

Pray to the almighty to get him out of whatever he is now having. A body in a weakened state finds it increasingly tough to reverse any adverse development. I hope it turns out to be a false alarm.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 17:08   #168
Mik
BHPian

Default Re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!

In one of the original news sources for this particular update - someone commented that what the person meant was that there was no 'good news' update about recovery.
It is not as if there is 'bad news'.
We keep clinging on to any hope.
Michael Keeps Fighting.
Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 13:26   #169
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Latest update from his lawyer:

Quote:
Schumacher's lawyer, Felix Damm, was arguing his right to privacy when he stressed the point: "He cannot walk." He added that Schumacher is unable to stand even with the assistance of therapists.

Bunte claimed that an unnamed friend of Michael's had said: "Michael is very thin. But he can once again walk a little with the help of his therapists.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 11:48   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Some good news on Michael from Ross Brawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Brawn
"The family have chosen to conduct Michael's convalescence in private and I must respect that," Brawn told BBC Sport.

"There are encouraging signs and we are all praying every day that we see more of them. So it is difficult for me to say very much and respect the family's privacy.

"All I would say is there is a lot of speculation about Michael's condition. Most of it is wrong and we just pray and hope every day that we continue to see some progress and that one day we can see Michael out and about and recovered from his terrible injuries."

And saw this beautiful story in one of comments on that article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLyles
Met him while out bicycling near Geneva in 2002, both of us solo. He was surprised I was a Yank, I was surprised he was Schumi!

He was gracious enough to let me take his photo with my Palm Tungsten W to prove that I met him for my 9 yr old Schumi fanatic son. We attended Monte Carlo in May that year, though David Coulthard won that race and his brother Ralf blew his engine right in front of us. We were visiting close friends near Geneva when this meeting occurred and my son went with Mom and our friends' kids shopping.

My W was pre-release as Palm was my customer. Schumi loved it so much, I sent one to him from my son for Christmas. Michael sent him a personal Christmas card, personally sighed with a little note, along with an autographed Ferrari hat. And.... The return address was his home address.

Our now 23 yr old son still lights up like a 9 yr old wherever he tells this story. We hope against hope that he regains the ability to speak with his family and interact with them to a reasonable degree.
#Keepfightingmichael
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote