Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th June 2015, 18:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Are you Six Sigma certified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I am still in the lookout for SSGB course which includes a project. Thinking of registering with KPMG atleast for the training.

Regards
Dieseltuned
No course includes a project. Third-party institutions provide you with training and training certificate. After you submit your project, they evaluate (supposedly ) and give you the certified certificate. This process is same for all institutions.

For the project being submitted by you, certain institutions ask for a proof on company letterhead that you actually led the project on your own along with the project presentation. Some like ISI don't care about it and would just want you to submit the story in a word document, no company letterhead or anything.

After all, its all business, in case institutions get too fussy about evaluating whether a project is genuine or not then they end up losing customers.

If you would only like a 'SSGB Certified' stamp on your resume then ISI is cheap and best. In case you would like after sales support (with their forums etc.) then private institutions are good.

ISI training is crappy while pvt institutions (almost all of them) would give you decent material along with ok training on concepts, usage of Minitab etc. Mind you, ISI doesn't even touch Minitab in their curriculum while no pvt institution would provide training without Minitab. So depending on your objective you'd have to decide.

Let me also say that I was approached by a somewhat reputed institution to provide GB trainings on my free days and the guy who interviewed me didn't know half of the subject himself. He was an MBB.
fine69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2015, 18:15   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Are you Six Sigma certified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
No course includes a project. Third-party institutions provide you with training and training certificate. After you submit your project, they evaluate (supposedly ) and give you the certified certificate. This process is same for all institutions.

For the project being submitted by you, certain institutions ask for a proof on company letterhead that you actually led the project on your own along with the project presentation. Some like ISI don't care about it and would just want you to submit the story in a word document, no company letterhead or anything.

After all, its all business, in case institutions get too fussy about evaluating whether a project is genuine or not then they end up losing customers.

If you would only like a 'SSGB Certified' stamp on your resume then ISI is cheap and best. In case you would like after sales support (with their forums etc.) then private institutions are good.

ISI training is crappy while pvt institutions (almost all of them) would give you decent material along with ok training on concepts, usage of Minitab etc. Mind you, ISI doesn't even touch Minitab in their curriculum while no pvt institution would provide training without Minitab. So depending on your objective you'd have to decide.

Let me also say that I was approached by a somewhat reputed institution to provide GB trainings on my free days and the guy who interviewed me didn't know half of the subject himself. He was an MBB.
Thanks a lot sir,

That pretty much sums up the situation in the industry today

Will keep this thread posted on what we decide.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   Reply With Quote