Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 28th July 2006, 16:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, give the kids a break. The news reported them as being drunk. And those of you who love their drink know that drinking removes any inhibitions that the drinker has and the mind is just freewheeling on its own. They got drunk and maybe one of them said, "Lets go see how our PM is doing and say Hi to him for all the work he is doing for the country". And in all probability, the others (if they were drunk) would have said, "yeah, thats a great idea. Lets do it".
Then they should be branded, "dangerous when drunk". God knows what they'l think of, the next time they get high.

"Hey guys, lets play terrorist, terrorist. And hijack an Air-Sahara plane". Haha

Theres no defending such stupidity.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 17:25   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Then they should be branded, "dangerous when drunk". God knows what they'l think of, the next time they get high. "Hey guys, lets play terrorist, terrorist. And hijack an Air-Sahara plane". Haha Theres no defending such stupidity.
Shan2nu, agree with you that what they did was stupid. But then apart from drunken driving (if the girl at the wheel was drunk), I do not see anything even remotely criminal about somebody wanting an audience with an elected people's representative. More so, when they were let in by the outer security rings and did not gatecrash or anything.

A citizen of a democratic country has all the right to go see a representative that he installed in the first place. Heck, we have the heritage of even animals requesting and getting an audience with the ruler (remember the cow that rang the bell, which the king had installed for people with complaints/grievances to ring and get an audience with him). It is a different matter altogether that we have representatives that do everything but govern the country properly and keep themselves restricted to fortress like residences/offices.

And regarding the plane hijacking, I am sure people usually keep their drunken antics away from the workplace.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 17:46   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
A citizen of a democratic country has all the right to go see a representative that he installed in the first place. Heck, we have the heritage of even animals requesting and getting an audience with the ruler (remember the cow that rang the bell, which the king had installed for people with complaints/grievances to ring and get an audience with him). It is a different matter altogether that we have representatives that do everything but govern the country properly and keep themselves restricted to fortress like residences/offices. .
Dude I don't believe your actually equating a cow ringing a bell to 'meet the ruler' to 3 drunks going upto the PM's house in the night at a time when the capital's on red alert.
Were you with the 3 lastnight when they were getting 'ALLEGEDLY' drunk.. coz it sounds completely insane to me.(imo naturally)
Cheers ....
oops wrong choice to end with!
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 17:48   #19
BHPian

[quote=manson]don't know much about this, bro just mentioned it while we were on our way to work.
but why would they book someone for trying to meet the PM.
think about it, you're some normal person who does not know all the legal formalities of wanting to see the PM..............

But bossi, PM is no ordinary person. Why didn't they understand (if they were drunk, so what). What was the main reason to go to the PMs house? You cant fool around with a person holding such a prestigious position of the country. I feel they will be set free after interrogation. Yes one thing thats good is that, now the security will be better. I hope.
autozealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 17:59   #20
Team-BHP Support

Atleast Hyundai should have provided them with the new Sonata Embera. Seeing the publicity the Sonata got, I'm sure Hyundai would have sold a few more of their backlog of Embera's after this!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 18:01   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Atleast Hyundai should have provided them with the new Sonata Embera. Seeing the publicity the Sonata got, I'm sure Hyundai would have sold a few more of their backlog of Embera's after this!
Mr Kim.. SRK(and I mean the actor not the member) are you guys listening??
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 18:05   #22
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
So true. It would have gone well with their tagline "Your new 4.7m visiting card"
Joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 18:51   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Then they should be branded, "dangerous when drunk". God knows what they'l think of, the next time they get high. "Hey guys, lets play terrorist, terrorist. And hijack an Air-Sahara plane". Haha Theres no defending such stupidity.
Shan2nu, agree with you that what they did was stupid. But then apart from drunken driving (if the girl at the wheel was drunk), I do not see anything even remotely criminal about somebody wanting an audience with an elected people's representative. More so, when they were let in by the outer security rings and did not gatecrash or anything.

A citizen of a democratic country has all the right to go see a representative that he installed in the first place. Heck, we have the heritage of even animals requesting and getting an audience with the ruler (remember the cow that rang the bell, which the king had installed for people with complaints/grievances to ring and get an audience with him). It is a different matter altogether that we have representatives that do everything but govern the country properly and keep themselves restricted to fortress like residences/offices.

And regarding the plane hijacking, I am sure people usually keep their drunken antics away from the workplace.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A citizen of a democratic country has all the right to go see a representative that he installed in the first place.
Yeah, but theres a place and time for everything.

God knows how the guards let ehm in. They're getting sacked for sure.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai should capitalise this thing in their ad campaigns now." Just by driving this car you can gain entry anywhere...anytime". Just like that old Accent ad, when everyone respects those who drive those cars.

Last edited by adya33 : 30th July 2006 at 20:32.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 20:17   #26
BHPian

Apart from the very lax security for our PM,to me the other best part is that two girls with good family background/education and decent jobs are roaming around with an AC mechanic!!!!!

Surely they could have found better guys but then i beleive these two ladies were too frustrated and stupid as they demonstrated by saying 'we have come to meet PM'.

And guys their initial med reprt says that these girls were not drunk and that guy,Imran is also bit controversial.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 20:43   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Apart from the very lax security for our PM,to me the other best part is that two girls with good family background/education and decent jobs are roaming around with an AC mechanic!!!!!
Last time I checked it was legal to be an AC mechanic, and surprise, AC mechanics are also human. What next, its controversial for a rich girl to date a middle class guy?

As for their act.
Did they run down security guards?
Did they refuse to stop at the barricades?
Did they try to force their entry into the residence of the PM?

We are a wonderful country. Terrorists can come and kill 500 people, and to show we are doing something we catch hold of innocents just to prove a point.
The girls were sacked? Why? That drunk angle is also being disputed in the media. It is a possibility that SPG is making that up to shift the focus from their own incompetency.
if you can get arrested for just wanting to meet the PM, then there is no democracy in here. These people did not break any rules(if they were not drunk). If they were drunk, take a blood test and charge them with drunken driving.
Sack the SPGs. If the security cordon had stopped these people at the outer gates, they would have turned away. Nobody stopped them and they went on going. How is one supposed to know where to stop for a security clearance?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 20:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Someone assumed earlier that these girls were well educated. NOw we have assumptions on their family backgrounds.

All this because they are air hostesses, which means they are glorified airborne waitresses ??? (EDIT: No offence intended, but a bit of de-glamorisation is required)

& tsk - airborne waitresses are not necessarily rich. The car probably belonged to the A/c Mechanic's client.

This discussion is degenerating into one on the antecedents of those three students. What crime did they commit? They didnt trespass, and the last report I read suggests that there was no trace of alcohol in their blood.

They just went to visit the 'people's representative'. If anything, those guards should be shot.

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th July 2006 at 20:57.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 00:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

What's wrong with being seen with an AC mechanic? Do you mean someone like us shouldn't dare to think of being seen with Bill Gates' daughter? This is India. We are all (theoretically) equal.

And of course, we all know just HOW much good education one needs to become an airhostess. Right up there with lawyers and doctors, those folks are.

Last edited by v1p3r : 29th July 2006 at 00:17.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 00:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
this incident was given too much coverage by the media. even operation prince was blown out of proportion
Prince's coverage had a noble reasoning behind it.

This case of the entry highlights the pathetic security, more than anything else.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote