Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: NFS games - which one is the best ??
NFS original 0 0%
NFS 2 1 2.44%
NFS 3 Hot Pursuit 3 7.32%
NFS High Stakes 3 7.32%
NFS Porsche Unleashed 18 43.90%
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 0 0%
NFS Underground 16 39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th March 2004, 02:48   #1
BHPian

another tough choice guys. i started off on NFS 2 which had the ford gt90 and the indigo. then moved on to hot pursuit which is still one of my favs. high stakes and hot pursuit 2 are so-so, i think. Porsche unleashed is truly truly good.......and it's my number one. especially the modes where you graduate thru the team from ordinary test driver and then beat all of the guys to become the ace driver. i fell in love with the '78 911 turbo after the game. try it out with all the performance upgrades, then remove the slicks (put back the stocks) and the sway bars. the car's very very tail happy......and boy you do have one hell of a time bringin in back. at speed, u just tap the steering and the thing's all over the place. practice and practce, now it's really enjoyable stuff.......keep playin it every now and then. the new nfs underground's also awesome (kinda fast and furious style) with really detailed graphics. you can also really kit-out ur cars with anything and everything......dats truly amazin stuff. another one of my favs. but once u finish all the races, it gets a bit dull. still the drag and drift modes are really good. well worth it.
manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 04:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey man,

Porsche unleahed for me too!!... I loved the fact that they had the factory driver thing...made it so much more challenging than just racing against a bunch of cars! I stayed up virtually 3 nights in a row when i got the game and finished off factory driver...had cramping fingers by the end of it!!

I have however spent the most time with NFS1 and NFS3.
NFS1 - spent a lot of time modifying tracks (just making them STRAIGHT) with HUGE hills so the car would just be airborne for half the race ;-]
NFS3 - spent a LOTTT of time getting tracks and cars of the net and modifying them.... got my own impreza with a personalized decal and my name and number "13" on the side! ....those were the days.

cheers
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 04:18   #3
BHPian

the glorious days. u had these whole lotta cars on the net right from old citroens to wild bugattis.........tracks and stuff. nfs3 hot pursuit is one of my favs too. prime motive was to finish without gettin even a single ticket.... then used to hold the other driver when he was on the cops' radar, made sure the cops got to him and then speed off.....hehe. when there were spike strips, i used to nudge my opponent so i cud get his rubber to blow up in pieces.......man.......dat was awesome fun.
Old 30th March 2004, 09:37   #4
Team-BHP Support

Porsche Unleashed is easily my favourite. It has many of my favourite cars and is the most realistic. No other game has had me in a trance like NFS Porsche Unleashed.
Aditya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 11:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

NFS Porsche Unleashed For me too. For one reason and one reason only. The dynamics of the Porsche cars were exactly the same as that of actual cars. Carrera RS 2.7 was known to snap oversteer, and this one did too.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 12:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

It has to be Porsche Unleashed for me... Though I also like NFS 2 which I played for a really long long time. I havent played underground as yet and I do hope EA come with a Ferrari only special game...

Cheers
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 12:58   #7
F50
Senior - BHPian

Porsche Unleashed for me as well, but i dont know how many of u have checked NFS Underground its awesome just for the flashy surroundings but the game is quick & u cud do all sorts of stuff with ur car, Underground comes close 2 Porsche but not good as dat
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 14:29   #8
Team-BHP Support

Jezuz!

I never imagined NFS-PU to be so popular!! -even though i did vote for it myself!
I remember when it came out i was like ...."an NFS with only porsches!@#!@ yukkkkkk..that must suck"

boy was i wrong!....and yes the handling dynamics were amazingly real!

cya
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 01:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

P-head... u've hit it spot on. The Carrera RS 2.7 seriously had this tendency in the game. And i loved it. Four cars got me real hard in that game. Moby Dick, 911(996) turbo, 944 turbo and the RS 2.7. The only car missing in that game (and if i'm correct) is the 959. Very sad indeed.

Well that brings me to my choice. NFS5 - Porsche unleashed. The whole evolution phase from the 356 to the turbo is fantastic. And the reality level, right from the graphics to the way the cars behave once they collide against something is very very real. I just finished NFS7. Its better than NFS6 but then again, the reality level is kinda low wrt the cars. Hope EA gets a new version with say a Ferrari special or a lambo special. Whatsay dippy?

Revvmaster
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 01:44   #10
BHPian

yup, i loved both the 2.7 RS and the '78 turbo. u get to download the 959 from the EA site.
Old 31st March 2004, 18:09   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

NFS Porsche unleashed...for all the reasons mentioned above. Buttttttttttttttttt ever since I got my hands on the F1 games from EA Sports, my NFS cd's have been gathering dust in the back.

Personally I prefer the F1-2000 to all the newer editions, coz it offers so much more car control, the others are just too "automatic"

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 18:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Now that youve mentioned it , F1 games from EA are really in a class of their own. Btw have you played the GP series? They are also good. The best part is you have great graphics which really dont slow down your machine. Plus you can update your game by downloading car sets for the new season as well as circuits too

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2004, 23:55   #13
BHPian

Personally voted for NFS:PU (for all the reasons said above), though high stakes wasnt bad, and underground.. ummm.. well they've tried , am sure if they come up with NFSU2, that'd be much better. This was too Arcadish. Anyway this being NFS Thread I probably shouldnt say this but, GranTurismo, any1?
Say it GT1, or GT2, or GT3, or GT Concept. They eat up NFS games for breakfast.
*cant wait for GT4, over 700 cars (according to last rumour over 1000)* .. Lets wait n see..
Pferdestärke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2004, 02:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Well well well, also include Colin McRae Rally 2&3. Amazing in-car shots and vehicle dynamics. A game to die for!!!

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2004, 03:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys you remember the old games like Test Drive, Accolade Grand Prix series etc.. certainly bring back memories There even was a game called Lotus I used to love it. It actually fitted on one floppy and have cool graphics..

Cheers