Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 8th August 2006, 18:37   #1
BHPian

Lightbulb Mark your house on the globe

www.wikimapia.com

It uses Google map, but you can add legend on the map.

Pity that some people misused it
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 03:19   #2
BHPian

By telling people to "Mark your house on the globe", you are the one suggesting them to misuse it. Wikimapia is not to mark individual houses but for places that are of common interest to many people. Further marking your own house is a violation of your privacy and potentially dangerous
vishwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 04:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwas

By telling people to "Mark your house on the globe", you are the one suggesting them to misuse it. Wikimapia is not to mark individual houses but for places that are of common interest to many people. Further marking your own house is a violation of your privacy and potentially dangerous
Tell me how?

It only says Name's house?

Who the hell is name and what does he do and how many names are there? come on how can it be dangerous and wikimapia is a great tool no doubt, but it needs a lot of improvment...Anyhow i marked my office and US house, tom I will mark my india house
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote