Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Do you get get with personal comments on your car? - Answer truly and seriously,
Yes 33 71.74%
No 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31st May 2004, 02:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

u're right guys. once a sob called my sumo a dead corpse while his scorpio was a fleshy bull. just cudn't resist bashing his face. I HATE BAD COMMENTS ON MY CAR!!!

P.S.-i do love the pretty comments bout my car:laugh:
nitrous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 02:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

N4S,
Will post a pic of my E class close up,
Some idiots scribbled all over the car,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 02:32   #18
BHPian

s350,
Sorry to hear that man! how can anyone have the heart to do that to someone's hard earned money. I could jam that bugger's fingers in between the car doors. Dont post the pic dude. I feel misery every morning anyways.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 04:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

u telling me about misery
all of my cars except the toyota and honda have gotten scratched and that too when it was parked in my dads office.
allmost all the cars there have been scratched except my dads
it looks so bad and ugly.
i hope to shift back to my house when its ready so that i can keep my car with me 24*7

oh and coming back to the topic
i do feel bad when people say there cars are better than mine
especially when they own hyundais
imagine comparing a hyundai acent 1.5 to and ikon 1.6
and worse a hyundai SANTRO 1.1 to a palio 1.6 gtx .

i really hate it when other people ruin others property and most of all i hate the mumbai taki/ auto drivers who screw up everyones cars.
my toyota was banged by a cab when it was one week old
man i felt so sad and angry.:angry:
man at times i feel like buying a scary SUV and making it scarier and showing all these b*****ds whose boss.

oh well
cya guys
lamborghini
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 04:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well I have had my share of comments on the Matiz since people say Korean car, bad resale value, not powerful etc etc etc....

All i do tell them is, tell me how well your car takes a crash and then i'll tell you how well mine does. They talk about their experiences (nothing spectacular in any case) and still they got just a few scratches. I tell them my parents experience in a head-on collision with another car at 60kmph, w/o seatbelts. Then i tell them, they got out with nothing more than a slight dazzlement. Thats when they keep a studded silence. Its a diff case though that they now do wear it (the accident happened 3.5 years back when seatbelts werent mandatory).

My crash 3 weeks back was also at 60 kmph. I walked out with nothing more than amazement that nothing happened to me at all. And that my car barely had any body damage. I've known the guys at Overdrive who've had a head-on collision with a truck and yet managed to drive it 20-25 kms to the only Daewoo dealer then in Pune. Pretty tough baby is the Matiz. I have nothing against people at Hyundai who claim the Santro to be very strong (and it might be). But i guess it still wouldnt perform as well as the Matiz in a similar crash. But then again its my opinion and Santro owners are entitled to theirs.

As far as what others say, frankly it makes no iota of a difference to me. I've had kids of parents within my building who have problems with me (can't understand why since i never interact with nor bother them) make deep scratches on my bonnet. Its part of life. I have myself seen a eunuch begging for alms with a guy in a pajero for 5 mins. And when the guy refused, he/she just took her/his clip and made a deep scratch right across the drivers side door till the D-pillar. The guy just got out of his car and beat the eunuch black and blue. Hell!, i would have done the same. Even if my car was the 3 wheeled defunct Badal for crying out loud.

Also people make car decisions in India not based on individual likings alone, but also practicalities of carrying work related goods as well as family priorities such as size, age of members, no. of people etc. The biggest factor being the budget. To each his own. Sure maybe a person who purchases a Santro prefers a Palio and even might have the money to afford a Palio. But due to practical considerations makes the conscious decision to buy the Santro. Its circumstances that make people buy cars, whether its personal, work related or family. We as outsiders aren't entitled to comment on such decisions.

Keep Revvin ™
Revvmaster
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 10:38   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 30 2004,15:19)]Nope. I usually dont care a damn for what a third person thinks. What matters is what I think!

GTO
Exactly... same here.. see if u have a car... u have bought it seeing some points that suit u.! not others... this is wat i think!
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 11:54   #22
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of us have problems with small kids in the building. Within a week of buyin my bike, these small kids starting pelting stones as if it were their enemy. I gave them a hard scolding abt "calling the cops" till they cried and now they never go near my bike. Years back [7-8] some kids who have now grown up used to scratch their names [font face= scribble size=HUGE] on our cars. My dad gave them a nice pull on their ears and it worked well.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 12:20   #23
Team-BHP Support

Well, usually I don't give a second thought to what ppl may say about my car. But, what does get my blood boiling is when I get an uninformed moron in my car, and then he starts badmouthing things about it to his friend sitting in the back seat...while I'm driving his ###...!

Thats not cool. I gave him a warning. Then, when he did it again, I left him on the side of the road. Never heard a peep outa him again.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 18:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ May 31 2004,10:50)]Well, usually I don't give a second thought to what ppl may say about my car. But, what does get my blood boiling is when I get an uninformed moron in my car, and then he starts badmouthing things about it to his friend sitting in the back seat...while I'm driving his ###...!

Thats not cool. I gave him a warning. Then, when he did it again, I left him on the side of the road. Never heard a peep outa him again.
Hehe... rtech... i did exactly the same what you said... this time the friend was a girl....lol...

Never heard from her ever again after that...lol

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2004, 21:34   #25
BHPian

same here man.. i dont care abt the ppl comments...
wat matters is how u feel abt your car...

Power Freak
Power Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2004, 01:48   #26
F50
Senior - BHPian

Ya i do mind but then i think dat its people's job to say crap bout others
And i own a Hyundai Santro and i know how peeps "LOVE" dat car but i don give a .....

And Revv dude a case of Santro takin' a crash my friend' relative's Santro flipped on Express Way twice all 4 doors n roof were badly damaged but all 4 peeps sittin inside came out SCRATCHLESS ....So Santros can take crash MAY be as good as MATIZ......Wat u say
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2004, 15:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

hi revv,
i agree with ur views abt the matiz.
i know someone who roleed his matiz on the ankola road and then drove it all the way till mangalore aftyer removing the cracked windshield.
when i saw the car i cud not believe that any one cud escape unhurt leave alone driving it for 300kms.
a matiz is a good car ,but then not as good as a zen:blues:
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2004, 16:20   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rolling Over!! Those two words go hand in hand with Mahindras!! Theres a saying about the Mahindra 4x4's..."Keep the right side up and the rubber side down"...and it will take you just about anywhere.

Here is a picture of a roll-over during the Silvasa great escape. There were 4 -5 kids in this Jeep who came out unscathed, and cheering the stunt driving of their father. A Mahindra technician, a hammer and 15 minutes of pounding is all it took them to complete the rest of the off-roading trail.

GTO

GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2004, 16:25   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

And heres a picture of me in my then unmodded Jeep at the exact same spot. Taking the right line is as important in off-roading as in track racing. The bigger Jeeps just couldnt keep up with the Jumpin' Classics...their bigger size and added weight always bogging them down. I have towed out atleast 6 -7 Jeeps in this off-roading session alone. The first five Jeeps in any great escape are Mahindra Classics. It was one of the most difficult tracks and the event was superbly managed by sportscraft. Also won a prize for backing the Mahindra voyager in the fastest time through some cones without touching any obstacles.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2004, 16:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have to get to GTO to learn a bit of Off roading
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote