Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Do you get get with personal comments on your car? - Answer truly and seriously,
Yes 33 71.74%
No 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd June 2004, 14:10   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]cool pics dude! Now you really meake me wanna get a gypsy and start wandering the hills!!
Rtech, can hardly wait for your 4x4. Most of the times, its only my Classic while off-roading. It will be great to have another off-roader for company...especially in the case of a breakdown or something with either of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]what did u do with those spoke rims
Aadix, I sold those wirewheels to another Classic guy, and picked up meaty three-spoke alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]really...did u have to go back and pic the photographer up or were there 2 cars?
Nope Rehaan. Beside the great escape, each and every one of my off-roading trips has been with my Classic alone. No breakdowns till date. It actually was a lot of fun rock-climbing up and down to pick up the photographer and another friend. Those hills and crevices are much deeper and angled than the pictures suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Tell me one place where a jeep can't go (apart from sea and ocean and stuff)
Shravan316, the one place my Jeep cannot go is.......away from my heart

Will scan more pictures and put them up soon

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2004, 19:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Yes GTO it may not go away from ur heart, but, it came into ur heart.
shravan316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2004, 22:48   #48
BHPian

GTO more pics (cant get enuff of em')
Coming back to the topic, I chose yes, It does hurt when its like what S350 said (when its said on your back).. Though ofcourse I wouldnt really care much if it's said on my face.. Every individual has different likings, different perspective and their choices are based on that, so I am cool to opinions. But definetely not cool to rough comments (on infact anything related to me.).
Pferdestärke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2004, 04:22   #49
Team-BHP Support

Well GTO,
Remember we had discussed our Top 5 Indian Cars ? I had voted the Mahindra Jeep as my #1, ahead of the W124.
After taking a look at the above pics, would anybody have any questions?
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2004, 11:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to the original topic..forget cars, I get hurt when somebody comments about anything that belongs to me. And I will also let them know I am hurt.

Couple of months back I went to buy a tv to one of the biggest store in Hyderabad. The sales guy was trying to sell me LG which I disliked at that time. When I said I don't like LG he started laughing on my face. I bent on him and asked him how dare he make fun out of my choice. He was shocked and ultimately he lost my business.

Keep up the spirits

Satish
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2004, 19:16   #51
BHPian

hey GTO,
I saw a couple of pics..but cudnt see anyone which shows your modded version...did i miss it or u havent posted it?...i thik its the mooded version in the far off foto ;-)...basically am one who is intrestd in tyres an alloys....
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2004, 00:39   #52
BHPian

Keeping it short and simple: Yes, it hurts. I haven't even spent too much on my car (if u don't count the number of times I have changed my cd player), but I still don't like anyone talking shit.

Once I was stepping out of Fire N Ice (yes, a LONG time ago) and this girl with me wanted to drive my car. Obviously I'd slap her if i was sober, but I was not, and I was in no mood of saying NO if u know what i mean! So I let her, but she didn't enjoy the ride as much as her trashed Santro. Kept saying *** *** this sux that sux all the time and I was silent.

I never met that B again. Of course there were other reasons for my dissatisfaction too

Alright that wasn't to short, but I guess it was simple enough!

- Aalaap
aalaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2004, 14:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

well guys my merc just got scrathched by some one so now my driver never leaves it alone...
man it hurt me so deeply and apart from my palio theres no other small car in my house so when my palio is taken to crowded gullies it hurts like so much ....
really miss my 800 ...
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2004, 20:24   #54
BHPian

I hate wiseguy cracks from people .... there were some neighbours of mine who used to comment like what kind of car I bought, what is this car , Is this car capable of running on Indian roads....... All this comments because in 2000 Opel Corsa was not that much seen / heard car on roads , ......

I love my car and expect people not to make comments about my choice and even when they make comments i just replied back that this was the best car i ever had ...

haryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 22:14   #55
BHPian

I hate it when people comment on any of my stuff.
Once i got into a huge fight with my brothers friend when he made some comments on my bullet because it had conked out. My brother and 2 of my friends had to hold me back while i was busy trying to whack him.
I dont know why i am so sensitive about my stuff.. especially my bullet. And nobody has commented about my cars yet. Thankfully
aggressive_anush is offline   Reply With Quote