Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Whats your priority in mods? - Exterior, Interior or Performance Mods.
Interior Mods (including leather seats, music system etc etc) 24 20.51%
Exterior Mods : (Alloys, wider tyres, skirts, spoilers etc) 29 24.79%
Performance Mods : (Filters, headers, free flow etc) 64 54.70%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th September 2005, 19:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Iam not going to race the car. May be the voting system could have been with merging the first two options. Looks vs Performance.

In that case, I would have voted for the looks options.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2005, 20:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
performance mods anytime the looks dont matter to me. People should see my car as a very ordinary car from the point of looks but what do they know what the hell is inside
any chance you went to the kumbh mela, dude...?? because we sure do think like twins...

yup, the same goes for me...although looks are the last thing that comes to my mind, i only want my car to have decent looks- nothing more, nothing flashy...which should explain my lust for the skylines and the supras...both look docile on the face, but only god and few others (including the drivers and the tuners) know what hell lies beneath waiting to be unleashed...

so, it's the performance mods for me....

p.s- since high-performance tyres are a vital ingredient of the car's power delivery characteristics, shouldn't it be in the performance section...????
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2005, 20:38   #33
BHPian

performance mods for me too,whats the use when you show off your car and then get kicked by a stock looking car!perhaps if i had more money option 2 and 1 would follow.
vandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2005, 22:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Chrome blingers, with spinners. Neons which sense my bass beat and flicker. Radium stickering. Loud exhaust. Strobes in front. How about one of those fender mirrors? And a gigawatt system...

Hahaha!!!

Seriously, I'm another guy in the "sleeper" camp. Leave it clean and stock on the outside. Maybe a nice paintjob. Good rubber to handle wild horses. What lies beneath? That's another story...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 16:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Major Priorty is Performance mods! Like K n N Filter, Free flow exhaust and a Turbo but costs a bomb!
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 17:01   #36
BHPian

This is a tough one. Would have liked to vote exterior and performance mods.

But as the tyres and alloys are in the Exterior mods will vote for it coz a good set of rims and tyres are the first upgrade which pop into my mind. Then the free flow and the air filter.
5u3zEr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 17:20   #37
BHPian

I would go for performance mods but a little later in the car's life...voted for exterior mods since thats what I seem to have done immediately (viz. alloys, the car already had a spoiler, fogs)..
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 17:24   #38
BHPian

Should be well covered from with in...mean to say 'Whats under the hood' that matters...

Vote(d) for Performance Mods...
VtecDeGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 18:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Performance. Performance. Performance.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2005, 15:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

some time back it may have been cosmetic mods.but now it will definitly be only performance mods.and maybe a good music setup too but priority will be performance

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2005, 02:22   #41
BHPian

Exclamation

A sleeper always is a stunner..... cuz like ja rule said.... its not how you stand by your car but how you race it!!!!
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2005, 12:16   #42
BHPian

Thumbs up

Performance is the only thing thats a priority on my CAR .
The way is see my car is an extention of me , and id rather have a strong inside than a jazzy exterior in my car.

Its always better to do the performance bit in your car first and then if you have the time and money , look at the exteriors of the car.
Badcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2005, 19:01   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Thumbs up

i have a limited edition esteem with mags and leather sets and et all....

free flow is the next thing on my mind and i should get it in a month or so.... from automech... so right now it is performance... maybe in a couple of months i would get a set of flames stickered on the sides and on the hood.

just got a K&N filter. Those who havent yet got it.... dont blink... just get it.... worth the dough.... my car is faster and begs me to floor the pedal.... irrrrrresssssissssstable..... but not enuff place to ripppp.....
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2005, 19:32   #44

According to me both things matter but perfomance mods have the extra edge for me.Being fast is as important as looking good....Wats the use to have speed, but not the looks to carry it.
siddhantshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2005, 19:58   #45
BHPian

Well for me, i would look at performance combined wid looks...I believe in "good show and go"....so more luxury dont matter if I'm on the edge....however it should look better than stock and I hate stock!
My zen is unfortunately bone stock, coz I've not shared much attention and am involved more into bikes...however i have some plans quite soon...
spoke to automech about the exhaust and k&n and other goodies are on the way.
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote