Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Who will win the World Cup 2015 ?
Australia 64 34.04%
England 1 0.53%
India 44 23.40%
New Zealand 31 16.49%
Pakistan 2 1.06%
South Africa 43 22.87%
Sri Lanka 0 0%
West Indies 3 1.60%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2015, 18:18   #571
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread

We ‪#‎WontGiveItBack‬ is now We ‪#‎CantHoldItBack‬, ‪#‎HaveToGiveItBack‬, ‪#‎CantBeatAus‬, Sad but true...the moment of truth has arrived!

Dream run for the India ends with the Semi-final loss!

So, 2 of the pre-tournament favourites New Zealand and Australia till have a chance to win the Cricket World Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
So what's next guys....
#wewillgetitback
If you're watching the campaign on Star Sports, they've found the new Mauka - Pro Kabaddi Season 2! which is up next *wink*

Last edited by NPV : 26th March 2015 at 18:25.
Old 26th March 2015, 18:20   #572
BHPian

So what's next guys....

#wewillgetitback
Old 26th March 2015, 18:28   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
So what's next guys....

#wewillgetitback
Nope. There is still a very interesting final to be watched. The world cup isn't over. At least not for me.
Old 26th March 2015, 18:43   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Nope. There is still a very interesting final to be watched. The world cup isn't over. At least not for me.
No i was speaking from India's POV. Yes, I know there is still the Final.

And I would prefer NZ's getting the cup rather than the Aussies. But that's me....
Old 26th March 2015, 18:45   #575
BHPian

Quote:
There is still a very interesting final to be watched
Yup
agree with you. Its going to be an interesting game and I will support the Kiwis because they will be the underdogs this time, playing in front of a huge Aussie crowd. Also, i agree as you mentioned in other post, people blaming Anushka for Virat's game is terrible.

I had mentioned earlier that Indian fast bowling is one dimensional and that fear has been proved true. What happened to Bhuvi remains a mystery though!
Old 26th March 2015, 18:47   #576
Team-BHP Support

Not surprisingly, India lost to Australia. AGAIN. And they havent won even one against them in the time they were here.

Anyway, i am actually amazed they got this far, so lets leave it at that. They gave us some moments to celebrate n brag about.

As for my prediction in the poll on this thread, my team made it to the final. Now to see if they win.
Old 26th March 2015, 18:59   #577
BHPian

I feel they should have kept the final venue open between Melbourne and Auckland and decide it based on the outcome of the tournament.
I feel Aus has an unfair advantage of homeground in the final where as, it should have been NZ who should have hosted it since they are the ones who have performed better than Aus till now.

About today's match, like many, I'm also surprised that the current team came till semis, unbeaten. Pretty satisfied due to that.
Old 26th March 2015, 19:34   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

The problem is not losing. We played well in this tournament and beat the likes of SA, Pakistan and WI quite comfortably. Even today, the way our bowlers kept bouncing back was really commendable. They didn't falter at all with their line and length even when the batsmen were hitting them for runs. The problem was the way these guys gave away their wickets right from Dhawan. The way he was playing and suddenly accelerated had clearly put the Aussies on the backfoot. But to keep hitting when there is no need for it against an excellent bowling and fielding side like Australia and on a large Sydney ground is beyond my understanding. They got off to a dream start, cautious in the early overs and attacked in the second half. They even got luck on there side with Haddin dropping that catch which on any other day would have been a easy catch. But then to just keep going bang bang like you do in 20-20 cricket is beyond my understanding.
Old 26th March 2015, 19:49   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I feel they should have kept the final venue open between Melbourne and Auckland and decide it based on the outcome of the tournament.
I feel Aus has an unfair advantage of homeground in the final where as, it should have been NZ who should have hosted it since they are the ones who have performed better than Aus till now.
Yes, but the only match they lost was against NZ in NZ. So, it is something like a compensation for playing one of their group games away from home.

Majorly its driven by profits and the spectacle the final can create, the WC final in the biggest ground in the world is how you ensure maximum profits.
100,000 people in the ground > cricketing logic.
Old 26th March 2015, 20:09   #580
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
That was my fear, written before the press conference. Thankfully no such indications but he's not known to drop any hints
Maybe after the T-20 World Cup next year in India or Champions trophy in 2017 !
Old 26th March 2015, 20:25   #581
Senior - BHPian

I'm happy with the way India performed until now. We also had luck on our side when we ran into Bdesh and not other strong teams in the quarters. Great turnaround compared to how we got hammered by the likes of England in the tri-series prior to WC.
Today was a little upsetting to see them throw wickets away trying to be aggressive but ended up being stupid. It was a dream start and things began to look interesting just before it started going downhill.
I hope Dhoni plays the 2019 worlcup,finding a replacement for an excellent captain,wicket-keeper and a decent batsman (in current form) won't be an easy task!
Old 26th March 2015, 20:54   #582
Senior - BHPian

The biggest achievement this World Cup is that they beat SA in the league stage. Rest all were taken care by design of the leagues itself. India were lucky enough to have Bangladesh as their QF opponent. Absolutely no big match practice, infact the much touted SA and PAK encounters ended up being rather one-sided affairs.

Am curious to see how Baz plays in Melbourne on Sunday
Old 26th March 2015, 21:14   #583
Team-BHP Support

Among team-bhpians, the final is a match between

Quote:
abhijeetK, Aditya, AMDB9, amitwlele, benbsb29, Blue_V, bullock-Car, Captain Slow, castiel, ckranjan, CRV2010, deltheking, DieselFan, extreme_torque, FINTAIL, Gandhi, Geo_Ipe, gopikb, hemanth.anand, INJAXN, Jimmy_u, jkrishnakj, JLS, joe1980, kevintomin, Kool_Kid, kreddy, Latheesh, LonelyPlanet, luvDriving, mac187, madhu33, mallumowgli, Manoj2268, mazda4life, mercedised, murugaveln, myavu, naveenvenkatesh, nitinralli, NPV, Octane_Power, petrolhead_neel, pratyush6, prkiran, Prowler, riturajsharma19, RobC, s.prashanth, Safedriver76, saket77, Santoshbhat, schakra, shash, skanchan95, sschivate, Swapnil4585, thebfg, theredliner, Turbanator, Turbo_asd, varun.ppl, vb-san, venkat_iyer
And

Quote:
acroback, Ajitsingh208, aneezan, aravind.anand, arunphilip, Ash_bn, avingodb, blackstallion76, bnzjon, carwatcher, creative420, driving_smartly, drmohitg, Eddy, ghodlur, hamster, Iknowthisguy, ILTDrive, inder, KartAttack, Marauder, meetbadri, naveenroy, navilan, NavneetSaharan, rajivr1612, ravradha, ToroRosso, ventoman, vibbs, vijaymishra
64 vs 31
Old 26th March 2015, 21:21   #584
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is still a very interesting final to be watched. The world cup isn't over. At least not for me.
I'm supporting the Kiwis but its going to be a walk in the park for the Aussies thanks to home conditions. Kiwis have won all their matches at home & this will be their 1st match in Australian conditions in this tournament which is a huge disadvantage!
Australia have just about peaked at the correct time & the law of averages will catch up with Kiwis like how it did with the Indians today.
Old 26th March 2015, 21:26   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I'm supporting the Kiwis but its going to be a walk in the park for the Aussies thanks to home conditions. Kiwis have won all their matches at home & this will be their 1st match in Australian conditions in this tournament which is a huge disadvantage!
Australia have just about peaked at the correct time & the law of averages will catch up with Kiwis like how it did with the Indians today.
NZ have had their bad game too, incidentally the one against their final opponents themselves. I'd say barely sneaking through by ONE wicket is bad enough, even if they managed to win.
Closed Thread