Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 22:54   #2176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Holy !##! i want to go to inorbit as soon as possible. Want another 1:18. Ohh damn i forgot. Cant buy it!! Dad has banned me.
Loopholes...Cyrus...loopholes. Your dad hasn't banned 1:24! So you have a way out.
blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 23:31   #2177
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Loopholes...Cyrus...loopholes. Your dad hasn't banned 1:24! So you have a way out.
Yea. Tell that to my dad. Also i have a sudden fetish for 1:18s.
And i have seen the 1:24s in burago. i dont like em that much. After Maisto bought BBurago, The quality has reduced by leaps and bounds.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 23:42   #2178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Cyrus, the quality is the same. I really dont think Burago quality has been affected after Maisto's takeover. It is still the basic diecast model which screams for mods. I plan to pick up one just for some spare parts which I hope to use for a future project I have in mind.
blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 23:48   #2179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 807
Thanked: 58 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
HERE is a new mod to the EVO. I am Gettin bored now.

Put BBS style Wheels and an End Can
Please tell me how you made that endcan! The evo 7 wheels don't look that good in comparison to the matte black ones.


Just to refresh your memory... Pics are old and of poor quality


Try the eyelids treatment. All u need is paper, glue and yellow sketch pens!
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:35   #2180
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Please tell me how you made that endcan! The evo 7 wheels don't look that good in comparison to the matte black ones.


Just to refresh your memory... Pics are old and of poor quality


Try the eyelids treatment. All u need is paper, glue and yellow sketch pens!
I am leaving the lights as they are. The Small stichers though i need to know.
And the end can if from a pens press button.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:53   #2181
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 807
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

In google images, search for your favourite logo.
Copy it into Microsoft word, reduce the size as per requirement and print it. Use paper glue like Fevistik to stick it. The better the printer, the better the sticker.

P.S.
Did you ever notice that the cap of a toothpaste container looks like an air filter?
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:59   #2182
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
In google images, search for your favourite logo.
Copy it into Microsoft word, reduce the size as per requirement and print it. Use paper glue like Fevistik to stick it. The better the printer, the better the sticker.

P.S.
Did you ever notice that the cap of a toothpaste container looks like an air filter?
Yep i have. HeHe We have Funny ways to look at things dont we?
Typical Tbhpians.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 01:54   #2183
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 807
Thanked: 58 Times
Smile

OK, here is a sample below. You can directly use it.

Directly copy image to microsoft word. (Don't use Paint because it messes with the clarity after resizing).
Then resize it and print it.

OR

Save the image.
Open Adobe Photoshop.
File > Open > Select your picture
Then File > Print With Preview.
You can resize the picture in the preview and take a print.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 2nd April 2008 at 01:59.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 02:01   #2184
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
OK, here is a sample below. You can directly use it.

Directly copy image to microsoft word. (Don't use Paint because it messes with the clarity after resizing).
Then resize it and print it.

OR

Save the image.
Open Adobe Photoshop.
File > Open > Select your picture
Then File > Print With Preview.
You can resize the picture in the preview and take a print.
I dont have photoshop
Will try doing it in word. Wait a while please.

EDIT-the endcan is going to be redone once i get a smaller drill bit.
And thanks for the yellow background.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 2nd April 2008 at 02:06.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:37   #2185
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Salil & Cyrus, I have probably mentioned this before in my earlier threads. There is a guy in Vasai who prints whatever you need on water transfer decal paper.
You need to submit the matter to him either on CD or email and he will get it printed on the transparent paper. You need to cut out the matter in whatever shape it is, soak it in water for a few seconds and then transfer it on to the surface you need it to be on. The cost is about Rs. 100 per A4 sheet...but the results are terrific. I dont have the model I used it on...But the minute I can lay my hands on it, I will take some pics and post it here. You can also print carbon fibre pattern on the sheet and cut it to the desired shape, maybe a bonnet or a hood scoop. Since the decal paper is very thin it can be easily pressed into any shape when its moist. Will find out the number and contact details of the guy and post it here.
blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:42   #2186
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Salil & Cyrus, I have probably mentioned this before in my earlier threads. There is a guy in Vasai who prints whatever you need on water transfer decal paper.
You need to submit the matter to him either on CD or email and he will get it printed on the transparent paper. You need to cut out the matter in whatever shape it is, soak it in water for a few seconds and then transfer it on to the surface you need it to be on. The cost is about Rs. 100 per A4 sheet...but the results are terrific. I dont have the model I used it on...But the minute I can lay my hands on it, I will take some pics and post it here. You can also print carbon fibre pattern on the sheet and cut it to the desired shape, maybe a bonnet or a hood scoop. Since the decal paper is very thin it can be easily pressed into any shape when its moist. Will find out the number and contact details of the guy and post it here.
Please do that buddy. Will be grateful. Thanks.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 21:18   #2187
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Nismo Power!!!

Here you go guys. My latest car. Got sent from the US.
Features
- Hood Opens
- Wheels Roll
- Wheels Steer
- Adjustable Suspension;
Camber 0-10
Raise and Lower 3MM
Wheel offset - 4 position
- Comes with interchangeable parts to customize;
Extra set of-
Rims
Seats
Hood
Spoiler
Engine
Exhaust
Body Kit
Brakes
Mirrors
Attached Images
     
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 21:47   #2188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congrats GTA. Thats a very nice car. Any pics of the extra accessories that come with the model? Would love to see that. Gift Centre has a orange Porsche 996 in 1:18 that comes with the extra accessories. So tempted to get it. Don't know if it is already gone.
blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 21:54   #2189
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

The Bumpers are already on, the spoiler is already on and the Exhaust is already on. The Seats too are already on.
Will click the Pics of the Stock Bumpers and Spoiler soon.

Here are my JAP sweethearts.
Attached Images
   
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 22:48   #2190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Cyrus, I don't think the wheels belong to the Toyota, do they? I do not know if its the photos, but with those wheels, the Toyota looks as if it is going offroad.
blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time Modification on a scale model car! dirtbag Shifting gears 20 16th August 2015 03:07
Autofest City - India's largest scale model collection neiltopaz Shifting gears 30 28th July 2015 11:24
My artistic Scale Model Pics Stratos Shifting gears 11 8th December 2013 18:21
Design Ideas For a Scale model Showcase. Cyrus43 Shifting gears 7 5th October 2013 02:19
Favourite Scale model brand Beeman Shifting gears 36 22nd February 2010 14:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks