Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2008, 17:59   #2536
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dubai-Chennai
Posts: 304
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

I can see that, cause you dont know when to leave a car alone. At some point you need to draw the line and move on to some other cars and mod those. The M5 looked nice with the stripes. The ///M on the sides kinda ruined it. And then you wanted to do a spoiler. Just stop at some point
BEEM3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 22:38   #2537
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
I can see that, cause you dont know when to leave a car alone. At some point you need to draw the line and move on to some other cars and mod those. The M5 looked nice with the stripes. The ///M on the sides kinda ruined it. And then you wanted to do a spoiler. Just stop at some point
LOL..tell me about it. Anyways i will buy the paint tomorrow and paint the tail lights. It looks much better now. Will post pics tomorrow.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 09:38   #2538
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,251
Thanked: 596 Times
Default

@ BEEMER, where have you been man.. no updates from you since long, when do we get to see your entire garage??
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:53   #2539
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 807
Thanked: 58 Times
Exclamation Cyrus43's M5

I see a huge debate growing about the recent matte black paint job on Cyrus' M5

I saw the car in person and believe me BEEM3R, it really looks MUCH BETTER than what is portrayed in the pics.

I am so much impressed with the paintjob that I even got the B-Pillars of my REAL 1:1 car painted in the same colour from Cyrus. cheers:

The only thing that is BAD is the CAMERA which is used to click the pics.. Too bad that I didn't have my camera with me.

This is one of the best mods he has done on his cars.

@Cyrus43
1) Please try to make some badging. Otherwise, it might look like a test mule.
2) SPô will definitely sponsor the next paint can.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:13   #2540
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
I see a huge debate growing about the recent matte black paint job on Cyrus' M5

I saw the car in person and believe me BEEM3R, it really looks MUCH BETTER than what is portrayed in the pics.

I am so much impressed with the paintjob that I even got the B-Pillars of my REAL 1:1 car painted in the same colour from Cyrus. cheers:

The only thing that is BAD is the CAMERA which is used to click the pics.. Too bad that I didn't have my camera with me.

This is one of the best mods he has done on his cars.

@Cyrus43
1) Please try to make some badging. Otherwise, it might look like a test mule.
2) SPô will definitely sponsor the next paint can.

Thanks Salil. It was quite a surprise you gave me by dropping by. And you tell me when you want to do the Remaining part of the car. The other side i mean. We will go together and get paint. And you can sponsor it!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:25   #2541
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 807
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Thanks Salil. It was quite a surprise you gave me by dropping by. And you tell me when you want to do the Remaining part of the car. The other side i mean. We will go together and get paint. And you can sponsor it!!
Of course, but after a few days. I want to study now :(
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:41   #2542
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Of course, but after a few days. I want to study now :(
Thats what they all say. Call me when you are free.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:23   #2543
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Autofest City News - May 2008

Hello BHPians,

As already announced, we are uploading the link to Autofest City's newsletters immediately on release.

In this issue we tell you about Carroll Shelby's creations - some of the best Mustangs in the years that concluded his association with the Ford Motor Company, back in the late 1960s.

Autofest City celebrates its sign-up on the website Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home. We have made some great, new friends here while renewing bonds too!

Take a look at The D'Costas' Wheels, a new docket uploaded to our web-album, featuring most of the cars owned by our family since 1956! This is a special tribute to all those automobiles that served us in good times and bad.

Here is the link to our May 2008 issue:
V7-I5 May 2008.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

With best wishes,
Neil D'Costa
Co-founder - Autofest City
MYSORE - INDIA
neiltopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:29   #2544
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dubai-Chennai
Posts: 304
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ BEEMER, where have you been man.. no updates from you since long, when do we get to see your entire garage??
@Mav: youve been missing in action too haha. I dont think the entire garage or even the dubai garage is going to be possible cause only about 1/3rd is on display. Anyway my BMW collection itself is mindblowing. Expect lots of pictures soon. Im gonna get back to photographing the cars.
BEEM3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 04:06   #2545
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Beemie its ben a while since you have made us jealous!! Anything new??
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 23:20   #2546
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Just added 6 new models to my collection

Attachment 17141

1. Jaguar XK140
2. Mercedes Benz SLR
3. Porsche Carrera GT
4. Mercedes Benz 500k
5. Audi R8
6. BMW M5



I got the Jaguar from Toronto and the rest at Shoppers Stop in Andheri.

Like the rest of my collection these are all 1:18s.

Im facing a big problem with space. All my models are sitting in what used to be a bookcase and you cant really see them that well. Shoppers Stop had a really nice display case given to them by Maisto. I looked through the Yellow Pages to find somethign similar and came across an ad that had a pretty decent looking display case that is made of aluminium. I'll be calling them in a while once their shop opens.

Attachment 17142

How do you'll display your models? Ideally Id like to have them out in the open on shelves but with the dust and fear of kids coming over and thinkign they are toys, Id rather have somethign that I can lock.

Apart from that Jaguar, all the models are basically Maisto Super Flops. Qualitywise. Specially the BMW M5 and Audi R8. The Carrera GT is good to have but not worth. I do not know what has happened to Maisto lately. They are just producing total crap out of nowhere.
diecastfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 01:37   #2547
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecastfreak View Post
Apart from that Jaguar, all the models are basically Maisto Super Flops. Qualitywise. Specially the BMW M5 and Audi R8. The Carrera GT is good to have but not worth. I do not know what has happened to Maisto lately. They are just producing total crap out of nowhere.
Sorry buddy. I actually think the absolute reverse is happening. The quality is improving and unluckily the prices have increased too.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 02:42   #2548
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecastfreak View Post
Apart from that Jaguar, all the models are basically Maisto Super Flops. Qualitywise. Specially the BMW M5 and Audi R8. The Carrera GT is good to have but not worth. I do not know what has happened to Maisto lately. They are just producing total crap out of nowhere.
I know that I could have got models that were a lot better quality wise but my pockets just aren't deep enough and so I guess Im more or less happy with Maisto.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 12:57   #2549
R.G
BHPian
 
R.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 87
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Willys MB Slat Grille

After a lot of search and wait , my MB is here !!!
Would love to hear from you all about my MB

Name:  tbhpmb1.JPG
Views: 556
Size:  133.1 KB

Name:  tbhpmb2.JPG
Views: 544
Size:  120.8 KB
R.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 20:15   #2550
Senior - BHPian
 
amit V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: kolkata
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

great finish. can you post some photos of the back. what is the size & maker of it??
btw..great snaps.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time Modification on a scale model car! dirtbag Shifting gears 20 16th August 2015 03:07
Autofest City - India's largest scale model collection neiltopaz Shifting gears 30 28th July 2015 11:24
My artistic Scale Model Pics Stratos Shifting gears 11 8th December 2013 18:21
Design Ideas For a Scale model Showcase. Cyrus43 Shifting gears 7 5th October 2013 02:19
Favourite Scale model brand Beeman Shifting gears 36 22nd February 2010 14:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks