Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2009, 18:00   #4621
BHPian
 
Dussey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 164 Times
Default 1966 Jawa 350 Motorcycle.

Here's an unusual and interesting model from Czech Republic.
This is a 1:18 1966 Jawa 350 from Abrex.
Attached Images
       
Dussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 19:19   #4622
BHPian
 
abhishek_bmw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kolkata/Shimla/
Posts: 67
Thanked: Once
Thumbs up

Nice model and good photography.From where,paying how much you grabbed it?

I found this car model while surfing the net.Can any body say what make of this model car,or rather is it diecast at all?
Poor description says nothing-except its price
Attached Images
 

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th July 2009 at 20:45. Reason: back to back posts
abhishek_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 20:29   #4623
Senior - BHPian
 
amit V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: kolkata
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

@ dussy, an excellent model. this is probably the best motorbike model i have seen. does the suspension work??
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 21:22   #4624
BHPian
 
dhrishikesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 795
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

@ Dussey,
You have always beating us in getting various scale models.
Can you please tell me how can I get the same here in India ??? Any details regarding cost along wit shipping charges ??
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 22:17   #4625
BHPian
 
Dussey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
@ dussy, an excellent model. this is probably the best motorbike model i have seen. does the suspension work??
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ Dussey,
You have always beating us in getting various scale models.
Can you please tell me how can I get the same here in India ??? Any details regarding cost along wit shipping charges ??
Thanks amit V8 & dhrishikesh , Yes, its an excellent model , no the suspension doesnt work, but the detailing is good as you can see. I do always believe in having a varied collection of all types especially the not so very exotic, but some thing we can identify ourselves with. This is from the Czech Republic. I am not aware of it being available in India.
Dussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 01:37   #4626
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Dussey: Its brilliant!!. I would love to get my hands on those!!!!.

Guys, I would love to own the model below because I had a poster of this car when I was a kid.

I tried some websites, but none in stock. Expert's advise would be deeply appreciated
Attached Images
 
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 04:28   #4627
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Isnt any display cases with lighting available in IKEA ?.
Yea but unfortunately India doesn't have an Ikea yet and the case is too heavy to bring down to India. I believe you can get one made for about 10k over here. I was thinking of getting one made but now after some thought I decided its probably a good idea not to display all my models to avoid everything looking too cluttered. I want to get something like what Mav posted.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 04:31   #4628
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Dussey: Its brilliant!!. I would love to get my hands on those!!!!.

Guys, I would love to own the model below because I had a poster of this car when I was a kid.

I tried some websites, but none in stock. Expert's advise would be deeply appreciated
Both the Pullman and the 300 SEL are available on Scale 18.com

Scale18 - 1/18 Scale Diecast Cars - Browse

Looks like you're really getting into collecting models. It's great to have another collector on board. Where are you located? Cochin/London?
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 04:33   #4629
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_bmw View Post
Nice model and good photography.From where,paying how much you grabbed it?

I found this car model while surfing the net.Can any body say what make of this model car,or rather is it diecast at all?
Poor description says nothing-except its price
There is a model of the smart available. Maisto and Minichamps make it IIRC.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 04:35   #4630
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussey View Post
. I do always believe in having a varied collection of all types especially the not so very exotic, but some thing we can identify ourselves with. This is from the Czech Republic. I am not aware of it being available in India.
+1

I love models of everyday cars.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 10:57   #4631
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ manishalive:
Here are the pics of my 1:32 Willys Jeep scale model from "GATE".
Its a jeep from famous cartoon series - Laurel & Hardy.
I have bought it almost a year back for Rs.350/-.
If you want one, please PM me; I will give you the contact details.
I would like to have one, any 1:18 available????
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 16:22   #4632
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
This is Lovely. Is the CLK an AutoART? What are the other cars??
The CLK is by Maisto 1:18, followed by the Purple VW Drag Bus in 1:18 by Hot Wheels, 1:18 Tommy Ivo 4 engine dragster 'SHOWBOAT' by GMP and finally a 1:18 Chapparal 2 by Exoto. The garage equipment is also in 1:18 by GMP.
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 06:23   #4633
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Both the Pullman and the 300 SEL are available on Scale 18.com

Scale18 - 1/18 Scale Diecast Cars - Browse

Looks like you're really getting into collecting models. It's great to have another collector on board. Where are you located? Cochin/London?
I have ordered S600 SWB from ModelART in Blr and 300 SEL AMG from diecastzone. But I have not got info on the availability yet.

And looking at yours,Dippy's, Dusseys and others collection , I wonder when I am gonna reach that stage!!.

But loving it NOW.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 13:29   #4634
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

I recently purchased 1937 studebaker Pickup truck from signature collection. I just loved the shape, those beautiful wheel caps, beautiful head lights and all.

Wait till I do full photography. Meanwhile pic from Internet

Name:  pickup.jpg
Views: 3258
Size:  9.8 KB

Name:  1pickup.jpg
Views: 3547
Size:  48.0 KB
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 14:33   #4635
BHPian
 
artofzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VOCI-LHR
Posts: 735
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

@Manish: thats good looking piece you bought!!. Did you buy from the net ?
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time Modification on a scale model car! dirtbag Shifting gears 20 16th August 2015 03:07
Autofest City - India's largest scale model collection neiltopaz Shifting gears 30 28th July 2015 11:24
My artistic Scale Model Pics Stratos Shifting gears 11 8th December 2013 18:21
Design Ideas For a Scale model Showcase. Cyrus43 Shifting gears 7 5th October 2013 02:19
Favourite Scale model brand Beeman Shifting gears 36 22nd February 2010 14:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks