Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 11:58   #5791
Senior - BHPian
 
planet_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bong-land
Posts: 2,320
Thanked: 365 Times
Default

Oye Salil - you were supposed to PM me your address. i was supposed to pick them up from your place without letting you know.

Awesome collection
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 12:01   #5792
BHPian
 
siddvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 41 Times
Default 1957 R-190 Grain Box

1957 R-190 Grain Box
Scale : 1:25
Attached Images
     
siddvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 12:55   #5793
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon (AutoArt) and Mitsubishi Pajero LWB
Cool collection buddy! White G-class is one attracted me the most!
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 14:04   #5794
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 830
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post

@sajands - I have the same Iveco F1 truck which I bought it in US. Curious as to how much it costs in Bangalore.
siddvi, F1 truck costed me 225.00 only and shell truck costed me 300.00 how much did you pay in U.S.????
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 15:57   #5795
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
1957 R-190 Grain Box
Scale : 1:25
Nice truck, although the tarp is a little too plasticy. The shape is nice, which brand is it. I find that Highway61 and First Gear make good 1:25 models of American trucks, First Gear has a few International Harvester models as well.
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 16:24   #5796
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

@SalilPawar Great stuff..specially AE86 and G wagen....How much that AE86 cost?
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 16:36   #5797
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,269
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Just came across the following. Now this is something I would like to have

1:18 Guangzhou HONDA Official Production City 2009 Red - eBay (item 140357406517 end time Nov-16-09 20:00:18 PST)
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 16:50   #5798
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
These models aren't officially licensed - just like the Phantom. But the upside is that they make a lot of everyday cars. I remember seeing a Fabia for sale as well.

One Chinese model that I really want is the Hongqi CA770.

Last edited by khanak : 10th November 2009 at 16:53.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 17:11   #5799
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Dippy, Wait for two months!!


BTW, I have just sourced something Rare today. I hope to pick it up tomorrow or dayafter. Wait and watch........
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 18:26   #5800
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
These models aren't officially licensed - just like the Phantom. But the upside is that they make a lot of everyday cars. I remember seeing a Fabia for sale as well.

One Chinese model that I really want is the Hongqi CA770.
Most of these are licensed by the Chinese agents. I have an Epica which is a Chinese GM dealer model. Although it isn't licensed by the parent company, the detailing is very good, quality is good as well. It has 4 opening doors, functioning hood, boot & wheels, faux carpeting... and scale lettering. Infact it is much better than some of the models by Maisto and Bburago.

@khanak, The problem with the Phantom is that it is a resin model. It has absolutely no moving or operational parts including the wheels. And the base is a clean flat plate. In case of the Chinese firms, they make everyday cars with operational parts.
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 18:49   #5801
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post

@khanak, The problem with the Phantom is that it is a resin model. It has absolutely no moving or operational parts including the wheels. And the base is a clean flat plate. In case of the Chinese firms, they make everyday cars with operational parts.
I've had a look at one of the Chinese Phantoms and I wasn't impressed at all. I probably would have picked it up if it was for $100 but at close to $1000 - No Way! As you may know Exoto has announced their Phantom and DHC which will be around the $550 mark.

Another model I'm really waiting for is the Mclaren F1 by Minichamps. The Range Rover Sport and C63 AMG(W204) are on my list as well but AA prices are going higher and higher which really limits what I can afford to pick up.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 19:14   #5802
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I've had a look at one of the Chinese Phantoms and I wasn't impressed at all. I probably would have picked it up if it was for $100 but at close to $1000 - No Way! As you may know Exoto has announced their Phantom and DHC which will be around the $550 mark.

Another model I'm really waiting for is the Mclaren F1 by Minichamps. The Range Rover Sport and C63 AMG(W204) are on my list as well but AA prices are going higher and higher which really limits what I can afford to pick up.
I don't like the Chinese Phantoms either, and you are right about the price... it is an insane amount for a non-operational model. The economy cars that the Chinese make in 1:18 however are quite good.

I have my eye on the Phantom from Exoto too, however Exoto is known for delayed releases
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 19:45   #5803
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
I have my eye on the Phantom from Exoto too, however Exoto is known for delayed releases
More time to save up.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 20:11   #5804
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 809
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Guys, the response has been overwhelming. Thanks again.

@planet_rocker - Check your PM inbox

@agspins - Official price of the AE86 Trueno Sprinter is US$ 130. It is a replica of the Takumi Fujiwara's car in the Initial D Anime (except for the Japanese script on the doors). If you want a stock AE86 it is available at $115. My uncle got this example from Hong Kong. Don't know the exact price at which he got it from there but there was some discount offered.

benbsb29, Super Select, Dippy, khanak, RPMPKDMF, siddvi, Dippy, hanmust, Cyrus43, planet_rocker, agspins, diecast and others... thanks a ton!

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 10th November 2009 at 20:15.
salilpawar1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 21:24   #5805
BHPian
 
siddvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 41 Times
Default 1:32 Iveco Stralis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
Nice truck, although the tarp is a little too plasticy. The shape is nice, which brand is it. I find that Highway61 and First Gear make good 1:25 models of American trucks, First Gear has a few International Harvester models as well.
@RPMPKDMFF - Thanks, its made by Precision Collectibles. The other brand I like for trucks and buses is Coorgi, though mostly 1:50 scale, the detailing is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
siddvi, F1 truck costed me 225.00 only and shell truck costed me 300.00 how much did you pay in U.S.????
@sajands, here's my 1:32 scale Iveco Stralis, I bought it for about $15 couple years ago.
Attached Images
       

Last edited by siddvi : 10th November 2009 at 21:25.
siddvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time Modification on a scale model car! dirtbag Shifting gears 20 16th August 2015 03:07
Autofest City - India's largest scale model collection neiltopaz Shifting gears 30 28th July 2015 11:24
My artistic Scale Model Pics Stratos Shifting gears 11 8th December 2013 18:21
Design Ideas For a Scale model Showcase. Cyrus43 Shifting gears 7 5th October 2013 02:19
Favourite Scale model brand Beeman Shifting gears 36 22nd February 2010 14:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks