Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2014, 08:31   #11611
Senior - BHPian
 
Mr.Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,894
Thanked: 2,331 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

And the 2 new additions from AutoExpo

The Scale Model Thread-dscn6940.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 15:04   #11612
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

It has been, i believe, almost 2-3 years since i posted something here. But never left the hobby. A lot has changed since then. Many new entries. Refreshed my entire collection and moved to scale 1:18 and got rid of other scales. The small collection now is as follows:

12 - Autoarts
5 - Kyoshos
3 - Minichamps
2 - ERTL Authentics
1 - HWE
4 - Norev
1 - Welly
1 - Bburago
7 - Maistos
4 - Joy Rides


Will Keep posting these from time to time.

To start afresh, Here is what i got from the AutoExpo.

1:18 Norev Tata Nano
1:18 Norev Mercedes Benz S-Class
1:18 Norev Mercedes Benz CLS

car-o-phile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 15:37   #11613
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Went to Landmark at Infinity Mall, Andheri this week. These 2 models were new additions in their AutoArt collection -

Toyota 2000GT Spyder and Lexus LFA.

Also saw a NEX models (Welly) Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4. Saw it for the first time in any Indian store.




Thanks. Glad you liked it. It cost me $145 inclusive of shipping within the US. Was purchased directly from a collector. I guess this will either disappear quickly or fetch $200 if sold on eBay. Very few were available in diecast shops, if I'm not wrong.
Hey Rosso

Though you have already bought one, these are available at cheaper prices. I got mine at $60 (shipped to US so you can add 30-40 if shipped to India) from ebay earlier this year. THese are there in some Merc showrooms in India at around 4000-5000. Was there in AutoExpo for 7500.
Currently available at ck model cars, Germany for around 6000 inclusive of shipping cost.
car-o-phile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 17:33   #11614
BHPian
 
Rosso Corsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOM - ATL
Posts: 538
Thanked: 460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-phile View Post
Hey Rosso

Though you have already bought one, these are available at cheaper prices. I got mine at $60 (shipped to US so you can add 30-40 if shipped to India) from ebay earlier this year. THese are there in some Merc showrooms in India at around 4000-5000. Was there in AutoExpo for 7500.
Currently available at ck model cars, Germany for around 6000 inclusive of shipping cost.
Yes I know they are available for such prices. Try getting a "metallic black dealer edition" SLS, its way too tough to get one.
Rosso Corsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 22:49   #11615
BHPian
 
eagle_f1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

Flipkart is offering 30 percent discount on scale models currently
eagle_f1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 09:49   #11616
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Yes I know they are available for such prices. Try getting a "metallic black dealer edition" SLS, its way too tough to get one.
Found one for $102 and if you buy two models reduce $17 more from the price.
I hope Obsidian Black is the metallic Black. As i believe only obsidian black is the black in DE version. Correct me if i am wrong.
car-o-phile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 09:57   #11617
BHPian
 
Rosso Corsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOM - ATL
Posts: 538
Thanked: 460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-phile View Post
Found one for $102 and if you buy two models reduce $17 more from the price.
I hope Obsidian Black is the metallic Black. As i believe only obsidian black is the black in DE version. Correct me if i am wrong.
Yes even I found one. I guess you're talking about CK. I'm a bit apprehensive about getting models shipped here, so I buy them in US and get them shipped to my home over there. Almost all shops in the US were selling this for a bomb which made it a good deal.

But thanks for your input, henceforth I will see if shipping to US from a European seller is cheaper than buying it in country having limited stocks!
Rosso Corsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 10:47   #11618
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Yes even I found one. I guess you're talking about CK. I'm a bit apprehensive about getting models shipped here, so I buy them in US and get them shipped to my home over there. Almost all shops in the US were selling this for a bomb which made it a good deal.

But thanks for your input, henceforth I will see if shipping to US from a European seller is cheaper than buying it in country having limited stocks!
I too get my models shipped from ebay to a cousin's place. He brings them here. This is the first time i have ordered a model from CK. (fingers crossed). Should be here soon. CK and Modelissimo have some mouth watering deals that you just can't resist. Best to buy two or max 3 at once as the shipping cost (Euro 25) gets divided. Plus you get 10% discount if you are a member of Diecast Arena Fb page. Going by the experience of others, they are the best ones out there to get it shipped to India.
Another one out there is in CHina and has been very good in dealing with. carloverdiecast.com. Try that. He too has good models under his kitty. He has infact a lot more than displayed on his website and you can email for details. $25 shipping only (per package and not per model) for 1 or more than one models.
car-o-phile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 10:29   #11619
BHPian
 
hellmet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GTA
Posts: 810
Thanked: 636 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

Is the Tata Nano scale model (1:18) worth the price? Planning to buy it as a gift to somebody. If possible, could someone take a picture of a Nano scale model with something of known scale (a coin, an apple maybe)? Thanks !!
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 09:41   #11620
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,918
Thanked: 5,778 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

I found myself in Barcelona, Spain, earlier this week on business. Did manage to walk around a bit and there is this very nice model shop, not too far from La Ramblas. It's a model car dreamers paradise. It has lots of model cars, from very simple cheap to the pretty expensive and anything in between. Also, a huge collection of model trains and Scalextrics. I was allowed to take some pictures and of course, I did buy a little model as well. The one in the last picture, a little Fiat.

Enjoy

Jeroen
Attached Images
         
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 21:50   #11621
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Is the Tata Nano scale model (1:18) worth the price? Planning to buy it as a gift to somebody. If possible, could someone take a picture of a Nano scale model with something of known scale (a coin, an apple maybe)? Thanks !!
Hey Hellmet.
Nano is definitely worth the price. At just 1500 INR it has amazing detailing. A decent work by Norev.
Can update you with the photo over the weekend.
car-o-phile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 08:17   #11622
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Noida/New Delhi
Posts: 396
Thanked: 746 Times
Default

My new AutoArt 1:18 lamborghini aventador in verde Ithaca! Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1394506006.257053.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  112.0 KB
RohanDheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 10:36   #11623
BHPian
 
Pheonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hi-drive-a-bad
Posts: 186
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
My new AutoArt 1:18 lamborghini aventador in verde Ithaca!
Looks Fab. Put up against a good background it will surely look like a real big one 100% Would love to have interior shots please !!
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 12:08   #11624
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Noida/New Delhi
Posts: 396
Thanked: 746 Times
Default Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Looks Fab. Put up against a good background it will surely look like a real big one 100% Would love to have interior shots please !!
Duly noted sir. Will click some interior pics as well and upload them here. Mind you, i am not very good with photography!

If any member here volunteers to shoot, they are more than welcome to!

Forgot to mention that i also picked up the 1:18 Koenigsegg CCX yesterday.

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 16:28   #11625
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,301
Thanked: 3,702 Times
Default

Welly 1:24 VW Beetle
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-1394535381462.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-1394535410212.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-1394535427908.jpg  

schakravarthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time Modification on a scale model car! dirtbag Shifting gears 20 16th August 2015 03:07
Autofest City - India's largest scale model collection neiltopaz Shifting gears 30 28th July 2015 11:24
My artistic Scale Model Pics Stratos Shifting gears 11 8th December 2013 18:21
Design Ideas For a Scale model Showcase. Cyrus43 Shifting gears 7 5th October 2013 02:19
Favourite Scale model brand Beeman Shifting gears 36 22nd February 2010 14:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks