Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 1st September 2006, 21:18   #16
BHPian

is it jyoti basu???
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2006, 22:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

i think it was narayan murthy himself. i am only confused about the timing.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2006, 22:39   #18
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
i think it was narayan murthy himself. i am only confused about the timing.
Yes,congrats and you are the winner vivek and you should claim your price fm GTO our admin for correctly repling to this small quiz put up by me.I asked this query to those friend of mine who work in INFY but none of them managed to find an anser of this quiz so those who failed to find a reply need not to worry,LOL.for more details visit this link,
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...2289-2,00.html
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2006, 23:01   #19
BHPian

Dear ECM,

Great sharing.....Keep sharing such good thing......

Enjoy.......
finetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 10:57   #20
BHPian

Hey ECM,

I most thought it was your story when I started reading it. But in the end, I did find out where you got this great real story from. Thanks a million for sharing. I don't know why, but the great Tatas always inspire me infinitely & this provides a perfect boost to those feelings. Cetrainly enjoyed reading it.
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 11:44   #21
ECM
BHPian

Raising this thread again as it has lot of values in my opinion specially after Satyam saga,Tata and N.Murthy are icons of pure and clean business enviornments in India and slowly people realising this.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 12:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Few years back, Narayan Murthy was addressing a gathering on Corporate Governance at Cochin. The meet was organised by a Kerala based private bank.

WHile I forgot most of the things he said, here is something I will never forget.

Whenever I (N. Murthy) goes on official tours and takes his family (read - wife) along, he will refund Infy the difference between the single fare (air ticket, room rent, etc) and the double fare the company had to pay. How many of our corporate honchos nowadays have the honesty to do this?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 15:21   #23

Like JRD Mrs Sudha murthy is also a great person, she is known for her kindness, you believe it or not recently she enrolled herself to a class to learn stuffs related to archeology (i'm not sure about the subject) in chitrakala parishat. Even at this age she has hunger for learning. Her love towards kannada is amazing. Infact her writings in kannada are marvelous.
There is one interview in you tube where Mrs Sudha murthy speaks about her life in tata, how infosys started. how they struggled (the interview is in kannada )
arvind.dk is offline   Reply With Quote