Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 22nd April 2016, 12:02   #16
BHPian

Question Re: Aadhar Card in B'lore?

Do they provide a CC size aadhar card in B'lore?

I got to know the same is provided in Mumbai, if you quote your aadhar number. The card is easy to carry in your wallet. I had got a long sheet of a paper card from aadhar authorities when i got enrolled. Never knew you can get CC sized card for aadhar.
JMaruru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 12:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Aadhar Card: Updating mobile number

I just wanted to update this thread with my aadhar experience.

I did not have an aadhar till now and decided to get one done due to the convenience of e-kyc and submission of ITR. So, on Friday, 13th I went and enrolled and got the things done. Got an Enrollment ID as well. I did check the status everyday, even during weekends. On Tuesday 17th, it gave a status as in progress. On Wednesday, 18th, I got the e-aadhar. A total of just 5 days. Super impressed. So, if anyone is still wanting to get an aadhar done, now seems to be a good time.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 12:59   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Aadhar Card: Updating mobile number

Does anyone know where to get enrolled for Aadhar in Bangalore, particularly in or around Koramangala?

I have been looking around for the past year, even visited the Bangalore One center, all to no avail.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 13:23   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Aadhar Card in B'lore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Do they provide a CC size aadhar card in B'lore?

I got to know the same is provided in Mumbai, if you quote your aadhar number. The card is easy to carry in your wallet. I had got a long sheet of a paper card from aadhar authorities when i got enrolled.
The card (long sheet) that you received has a dotted line where you can tear it off, is that what makes it CC size then ? Or are they issuing another smaller sized card itself ? Wondering why they would do that, wouldn't it lead to more counterfeit/fake ones ?
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 15:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Aadhar Card in B'lore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The card (long sheet) that you received has a dotted line where you can tear it off, is that what makes it CC size then ? Or are they issuing another smaller sized card itself ? Wondering why they would do that, wouldn't it lead to more counterfeit/fake ones ?
If you go to a e-center (In kerala it is called Akshaya) , they have these ID card printers which is used to print a copy of the aadhar card on to a plastic bit. It is credit card sized and similar to PAN card. They charge 150 rs for this service. I walked into the akshaya that I went to on 13th and they gave me the plastic card sometime back. It is a 3 minute job depending on queue.

PS: queue is usually less, but since it is summer vacation, lots of parents are getting their aadhar done for their kids. So, if your kid does not have an aadhar, now maybe a good time to apply, as they do not have to take a leave of absence from school.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote