Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 21st September 2006, 08:48   #31
BHPian

Dudes.. In manipal centre you get parking.. While Driving i Tell thta you area student from TIME or something inside... I believe on Weekends they let you in..
And The other place which i found was That near the Safina plaza Thing .. We get parkingBut anyway My shopping is at noon mostly..

Last edited by Mpower : 21st September 2006 at 18:37.
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 11:42   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Yes..thanks. Been out for so long...cant seem to remember any street names anymore.

Interesting contraption. Have seen very few even in downtown New York. Heard its popular in Tokyo.
There's one in Ludhiana too! It was an "AC market" one of the first malls to come up. Sadly due to location it failed, but the parking structure is nice. One lift for going up, other for going down.
Rooftop parking is a great solution, provided the structure is designed to take the weight of cars.
As for on road parking, in Bangalore many time I had to circle the Museum road, church street etc., 2-3 times to find a slot.
For comercial street head towards ulsoor(The road in front of that famous chaat shop), you can get lucky there.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:10   #33
BHPian

Default Weekend car parking at Koramangala/Madiwala

Hi guys,

I am looking for a car parking for my use during the weekend (from Friday night to Monday early morning) in Koramangala/Madiwala area of Bangalore. Can you please give me some pointers if there is any such parking facility/structure exists, even if its a paid one.

Reason for my requirement is that I travel to my native place every weekend by Volvo/Airbus and board the bus at Madiwala on Friday night - on return journey, I get down at Madiwala on Monday morning. Commuting by auto/taxi to and from Madiwala from CV Raman Nagar (home) is becoming a pain nowadays. Car will be more comfortable. Wat say team ...

- Karthik.
ece2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:03   #34
Team-BHP Support

Karthik, what i do under the same case is to take my bike. Park it in my friend's apartment parking lot which is in Marutinagar, and when i return get the bike from there. A bike is easier to fit in places like these, and also dont really inconvenience the other tenants of that building.

Taking a rick early in the morning from Madiwala to Marathalli where i stay is a big rip off, to say the least.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 08:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Default Open parking unsafe

This item appeared on Bangalore newspapers today.

Open parking unsafe

Quote:
Wanton destruction of private vehicles by unknown miscreants has resurfaced in Bangalore, latest incident involving nine cars which were set on fire in two different parts of the City in the early hours of Friday ...

Mods
, I could not find another thread discussing issues related to open parking, hence posting it here. Please move/delete this post as appropriate.

Apologies, if this is .

Last edited by sbraj : 13th February 2010 at 08:13.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 00:03   #36
BHPian

Default Re: Parking Nightmare in Bangalore

Couldn't find any other thread that discussed this..

I am looking for a space to park a car in Madiwala/Koramangala area. Could someone please point me to where I can get it? I'll gladly pay for the parking space.

Thanks in Advance!
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 07:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in
Couldn't find any other thread that discussed this..

I am looking for a space to park a car in Madiwala/Koramangala area. Could someone please point me to where I can get it? I'll gladly pay for the parking space.

Thanks in Advance!
Koramangala has a paid public parking site operaed by BDA, near HDFC bank opposite ChungWah Restaurant.
However, in the rains it becomes a sea of churned mud...
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 08:15   #38
BHPian

Parking in most parts of Bangalore has really become nightmare. Even to go to Foodworld (Basaveshwara Nagar) on weekends is a pain.

I usually go shopping on weekdays. Less crowd, enough parking place and peace of mind!

Luckily my office starts at 1:30 and I will have enough time to roam around by then.
500ContyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 08:50   #39
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Koramangala has a paid public parking site operaed by BDA, near HDFC bank opposite ChungWah Restaurant.
However, in the rains it becomes a sea of churned mud...
This parking space has another entrance on the opposite end - this is a much better way to access the place and escape the off roading experience at the Chung Wah side entrance
Simple way to reach here is to take the road leading to Forum mall (entrance on Hosur Road) from Koramanagala Police station/Bethany school side. As soon as you pass the Raheja Complex, there is a left turn leading to the service road (just before the Hosur Road traffic signal). Take this road, go past Stan Chart bank and on your left is the entrace to the public parking space.
Alternatively, you could also take the road(s) opposite to Chung Wah and get to the other end where it merges with the service road that I've mentioned.

Last edited by NPV : 29th October 2012 at 08:54. Reason: adding alternate roads
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 10:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Correct. This alternate entrance is possibly slightly easier to use. One other issue here is that invariably, if one is an early parking user, one might get gridlocked brilliantly by double, triple and even quadruple parked cars.
The point here being that this BDA parking site is NOT regulated properly because apparently it belongs to the Forest Department and hence, cannot be cemented or concreted to actually create a proper parking space.
Additionally, in and around Koramangala, there are a number of un-used sites which are slowly and surely getting converted into parking lots - by paying some rental consideration to the owner(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This parking space has another entrance on the opposite end - this is a much better way to access the place and escape the off roading experience at the Chung Wah side entrance .
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote