Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 10th August 2016, 13:04   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar

Oh man! I can't believe this, seriously. Just couple of days ago I got reply to one of my countless PMs to him apart from the open discussions in various threads. Irony is just today i was thinking to change my signature which was dedicated to one of the forum's another iconic member Sam, whom we lost couple of years ago.
In this forum I am sure we are not going to have anyone like him again, who never hesitated to share whatever he can for the betterment of anyone's beloved vehicle, always replying to the queries of the people, how crazy those could be. In particular for the offroading folks, his contribution was really invaluable; relaunching an affordable Jeep, true to his commitment, being the biggest in the list. And to take care of the shortfalls which he couldn't avoid on the production version, he went out of the way to help out the individual THAR owners for achieving the dream vehicle he perceived. Hats off sir and may you rest in peace.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:07   #107

R.I.P Behram, I am sure you will find a space in petrol heaven, like you have a special space in all our hearts. Farewell to a good friend.
Sathish uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:07   #108
BHPian

R.I.P. Mr Dhabhar.

Couldn't believe this ! I had talked to him only last month. We would miss him dearly.

Last edited by dieselhead : 10th August 2016 at 13:15.
dieselhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:10   #109
BHPian

Sad News for the Automobile Community!

RIP BD Sir. You will always be remembered by all of us though we may not have interacted with you on a personal front.

May God grant the family strength during this trying period.

Last edited by ksmrsm : 10th August 2016 at 13:11. Reason: Spelling Mistake.
ksmrsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:10   #110
BHPian

RIP Sir...

Condolences to Family..
jawabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:11   #111
AVR
BHPian

A personality who stood out in the forum for his interesting opinions, immense detail and will remember him for the brief yet interesting interactions I've had with him at EXAMM 2010 and then by chance at a Fiat Club meet in Mumbai last year on an early Sunday morning.

Rest in Peace Mr. Behram Dhabhar.
AVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:13   #112
BHPian

R.I.P Mr. Thar. This is indeed a shocking news for Team BHP family. You will be always remembered Mr. Behram Dhabhar.

Sharing his last post which was posted on 8th Aug on another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ranjit Singhji - I am waiting to see 1 lakh kms coming up in your vehicle's odometer one day! Maximum speed was 164 kmph (in unladen condition on the high speed track), you have gone only upto 140 kmph but I guess it's more than enough, don't take chances, our roads are full of morons, so not safe! The canopy is not allowed to flap, even at 65000 kms! Hold down the side strips and tighten the fasteners, it will help.

My answer to your PM on brakes is that, the phenomenon you mention is called "morning sickness"! During the rainy season, as the relative humidity is very high, moisture gets absorbed in the liners which temporarily alters the liner characteristics and causes this behaviour. A little bit of heat generated during just a couple of applications removes this moisture and the brakes apply properly. I am not trying to justify the existence of morning sickness in your car (or any car for that matter). It can be prevented by design, but then you get into downsides on other brake parameters, particularly noise and life!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
KiranPatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:14   #113
BHPian

Condolences to his family. RIP
keroo1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:16   #114

RIP sir, A true legend. He has given priceless advice to many fellow BHPians when it came to 4x4s and especially Thar.
Will be sorely missed.
Moun10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:19   #115
Senior - BHPian

Shocked to hear this. Never knew him personally, but was thrilled one day to see him reply to a post of mine - very detailed as usual. Big loss to the off-roading and rallying community and has perhaps left unfinished work at Tata for sure - the heavens took him away too soon

RIP sir.
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:22   #116
Team-BHP Support

Sad news. He was a bundle of endless energy, enthusiasm & passion. No words to describe the loss.

My condolences, thoughts & prayers for the family. We have lost a gentleman & a friend today.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:25   #117
Team-BHP Support

A very, very sad news. Deepest condolences.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:26   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
I can still hear the music of Jayant Shah's Nissan 240RS. We would be standing at a control and we would all keep quiet so that we could make out the gearchanges, hear the melody and see bright lights snaking through the wintry sky in the middle of the night before the car would hurtle down on us at the control (it would take around 15 minutes from the time we heard it to the time it came to the control). Believe me guys - none of your so-called "SUBS" or whatever can ever match that music.
Behram had me in one his first few posts in the early days of the forum. Enthusiastic, super helpful, hands on, Thar man, Fiat fan are some of the many lovely adjectives that instantly come to one's mind when speaking of BD. We may have not interacted much over the years but it feels terrible to see yet another good soul gone too soon :(
RIP my friend, deepest condolences to Cyrus and the rest of family.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:26   #119
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Really sad news and a big jolt to the Indian automotive community.
Rest in peace, Sir!

Heartfelt condolences to the family.

Last edited by SDP : 10th August 2016 at 13:27.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:29   #120
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh my God! This is terrible, tragic and shocking!

I may not have met him personally or interacted with him directly, but his posts were indicative of the sheer genius behind them. He had a fine sense of humour too. I think this is a great loss not only to Team-BHP & Tata Motors, but also to all automobile lovers in this country.

R.I.P. BD sir. My thoughts go out to his family members. May the Almighty God give them the courage to deal with this tragic loss.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote