Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 29th July 2017, 12:46   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!

I suddenly received an offer on my 10 year old Airtel number; 1 GB per day, unlimited calls for 84 days @ Rs 399.00. Thanks to Jio effect I guess.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 12:28   #257
BHPian

Coverage and quality differs from area to area.
You have to check locally in your area and make a decision and do not go by reviews from different locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I came here looking for feedback on Jio. Taken a bit aback on mixed reviews. I am an Airtel user and was thinking to port my number to Jio. I just use one number in a single sim phone. General feedback on Data & voice coverage is good. But, now I am confused.
smartindboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 14:02   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I recently bought a Jiowifi device specifically for emails on laptop . However i have been unable to send any email as it says smtp error . I have configured port 25 , on outgoing mail . On calling Jio they said issue with laptop . I told them i can send emails with home hatwhay Wifi , Airtel Hotspot and 2hotels wifi i stayed in last week . In nut shell i believe Reliance is a cheat as i fail to understand why have they blocked port 25 . I request for help .
Try other alternate ports like 26. Many ISPs block them, not Jio alone.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 14:34   #259
BHPian

Jio network is now available at Kasara railway station in Maharashtra (on the Mumbai - Nashik rail route).

I had been complaining to Jio regarding this issue due to the issues I faced constantly due to this. Vodafone would get network in Kasara but not Jio. I even ported out of Jio (to Vodafone, and ported my Vodafone to Jio ) due to this. Jio apparently took this Port-out to heart and added a new tower in Kasara.

Yesterday afternoon was the first time I used it, after asking for the same since November; within 10 days of porting out.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 23:01   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Try other alternate ports like 26. Many ISPs block them, not Jio alone.
I was able to use it post change in port number .All working fine since then .
Trust_In_Thrust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 17:07   #261

Hi guys,

I'm on Airtel in an iPhone 6s bought in Swiss. The network and data are fine when I'm at work (sholinganallur) but when I'm at home, both voice and data are not so good indoors. I have to come to the balcony to have uninterrupted calls. I live near Annanagar East. Now thinking of porting to Jio. Can anyone in or around Annanagar provide me a feedback on Jio's coverage?

Thanks.
emkay.india is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:37   #262

http://www.financialexpress.com/indu...rs-999/863249/

After reading this article I went to the Jio outlet near my home to purchase the WiFi Hub.

I have an older hub but since it would be kept constantly charging, the battery bloated and by the time I got around to replacing the battery, it was out of warranty.

A new battery would cost me Rs 650+ and I rationalized buying this new hub by convincing myself that paying Rs 350 odd more, i was getting a newer hub. My old sim plan will run out in a month and I do not intend renewing its plan.

Details of the new Hub purchase.

Cost of Hub: Rs 999
Prime Membership Fee: Rs 99
3 month prepaid plan: Rs 399
Total: Rs 1497

I asked if the 3 month plan was 1 gb per day and was assured this was the case.

The newer hub is smaller in size to my older hub. Battery was charged for 3 hours as advised by sales representative and then I set up all my devices to this WiFi

Below is the speed test result of the new hub.

Hope this helps members looking to buy a new or replacement wifi hub.

I have no commercial interests in Reliance Jio or RIL.

To moderators, kindly delete this post if it is inappropriate. thank you.
Attached Images

Ithaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 11:49   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I have an older hub but since it would be kept constantly charging, the battery bloated and by the time I got around to replacing the battery, it was out of warranty.
If you are in home or office and put it constantly on power, I suggest you to remove battery, connect to USB charging and continue using it. I am doing it since last 6-7 months and it is working great.

You can insert battery when you plan to take it out. Your battery will remain good for a longer time.
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 12:29   #264

@ mukeshgoel, Thank you for this suggestion. Will do this from now on for the new hub.

My old hub is currently being used without battery and on 100% electrical power and working well. Only cannot take the old one on battery.
Ithaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 14:16   #265
BHPian

This is the speed I'm getting on Airtel 4G. Pathetic!
I expected a lot better than this.
At nights only the speed is good.

Need to buy a secondary Jio connection. Are they still giving Prime membership on a new connection?
Attached Thumbnails
Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!-screenshot_20171005133353738_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.png  

Sherlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 14:36   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
This is the speed I'm getting on Airtel 4G. Pathetic!

I expected a lot better than this.

At nights only the speed is good.

Need to buy a secondary Jio connection. Are they still giving Prime membership on a new connection?

Yes they are, but the prime membership is valid till 31st march only, and not a year.
kkkkkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 09:49   #267
BHPian

I have a post paid Tata walky (wireless landline), and last month I got an sms saying that the plan will be changed from Rs 200 + tax to Rs 400 + tax. When I called the toll-free, they say it's not possible to convert to pre-paid, and that I am free to cancel the connection. Reason - Reliance (competitor) has stopped issuing new wireless landline connections temporarily, until the formalities for forming a wireless sub-company is completed.
Making hay while the sun shines!
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote