Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 29th July 2017, 12:46   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!

I suddenly received an offer on my 10 year old Airtel number; 1 GB per day, unlimited calls for 84 days @ Rs 399.00. Thanks to Jio effect I guess.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 12:28   #257
BHPian

Coverage and quality differs from area to area.
You have to check locally in your area and make a decision and do not go by reviews from different locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I came here looking for feedback on Jio. Taken a bit aback on mixed reviews. I am an Airtel user and was thinking to port my number to Jio. I just use one number in a single sim phone. General feedback on Data & voice coverage is good. But, now I am confused.
smartindboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 14:02   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I recently bought a Jiowifi device specifically for emails on laptop . However i have been unable to send any email as it says smtp error . I have configured port 25 , on outgoing mail . On calling Jio they said issue with laptop . I told them i can send emails with home hatwhay Wifi , Airtel Hotspot and 2hotels wifi i stayed in last week . In nut shell i believe Reliance is a cheat as i fail to understand why have they blocked port 25 . I request for help .
Try other alternate ports like 26. Many ISPs block them, not Jio alone.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 14:34   #259
BHPian

Jio network is now available at Kasara railway station in Maharashtra (on the Mumbai - Nashik rail route).

I had been complaining to Jio regarding this issue due to the issues I faced constantly due to this. Vodafone would get network in Kasara but not Jio. I even ported out of Jio (to Vodafone, and ported my Vodafone to Jio ) due to this. Jio apparently took this Port-out to heart and added a new tower in Kasara.

Yesterday afternoon was the first time I used it, after asking for the same since November; within 10 days of porting out.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 23:01   #260
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Try other alternate ports like 26. Many ISPs block them, not Jio alone.
I was able to use it post change in port number .All working fine since then .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote