Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th October 2006, 11:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default ICC Champions Trophy

2 closely fought games in the last 2 days. At last, the champions trophy has generated some interest. Sad thing for india though, after winning the 1st game, they have to wait 11 days to play the next. something is wrong with the itenerary.

but full marks to pakistan & west indies for pulling out improbable wins.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2006, 22:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

West indies match was gr8 Didn't saw the Pakistan one. Also i will be going to see India vs Australia Live in Mohali Stadium on 29th October .
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2006, 11:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
West indies match was gr8 Didn't saw the Pakistan one. Also i will be going to see India vs Australia Live in Mohali Stadium on 29th October .
man, is it possible that you could get a ticket for me. i wont mind travelling all the way to experience the atmosphere. can you ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 20th October 2006 at 11:38.
Old 20th October 2006, 18:54   #4
BHPian

Pakistan was lucky to have won the match against Srilanka coz of dew factor.B4 match they must have prayed to God to "do the dew"

And what a decision Lara made against Aussies to bat at no.6.It really proved to be the turning point of match as far as i think.

Ask our great batsman with 70 centuries and more than 20k runs behind him to bat at no.6,he wont do it.Wonder why???

Sachin should be batting at no.4 to guide the team in middle overs using all his experience but everyone in India wants to bat higher up in one days and lower down in test matches.

I am really worried about Indian team as our best batsman,dravid [yes,he is the best in last 4-5yrs] has suddenly gone out of form and has not scored anyhting in the last 7-8 innings after his century against WI in 1st match which India lost 4-1.

@abhibh.....I am also interested.is there any ticket avaiable or all have been sold?

Last edited by rsjaurr : 20th October 2006 at 18:57.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2006, 10:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ask our great batsman with 70 centuries and more than 20k runs behind him to bat at no.6,he wont do it.Wonder why???

i think thats because of the fear of failure. nothing more. i dont think there is any selfish motive in that. whereas someone like dravid is bold enough to face that fear & take up the challenge, so was ganguly. sachin is different. we think that he is demi-god. he isn't he is human & he is very weak just like everyone else. he has a gift though whcih he has used to mesmerize people. he is special.