Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 3rd February 2017, 22:55   #106
BHPian

Default Re: The Cashless Transactions Thread (apps, wallets etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway
Did the dealer warn you that you would be charged extra for using debit/credit card
I was told by both the dealers (Spares and Tyre) about the extra charges. But I think these charges should be waived by GOI to promote Cashless Transactions.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017, 18:52   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I was told by both the dealers (Spares and Tyre) about the extra charges. But I think these charges should be waived by GOI to promote Cashless Transactions.
In such cases, it is not the gubbermint but these unscrupulous dealers who are loathe to absorb the charges which come with having an infrastructure to offer digital payment options to customers; they should not be passing this on to the customer. For some others, they pay lip service to digital payment while encouraging cash transactions to fly under the tax radar. I know that many service and spare dealers perpetuate this practice, whenever possible its best to take your business elsewhere.
hothatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 11:14   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
The banks are just being greedy charging % based on amount of transaction.
Its not that the cost of the transaction changes for the bank if you transfer Rs 1 or Rs 100.

Get it to a flat fee of Rs ~1 / swipe and all will be happy (minus the bankers).
Sorry mate, this is the universal practice. What does happen is that bulk customers, like OMCs negotiate a discounted rate. Typically the charge is something like 1% each for the two banks, and the Card Co., though now I hear that the card co is only 0.5%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
In such cases, it is not the gubbermint but these unscrupulous dealers who are loathe to absorb the charges which come with having an infrastructure to offer digital payment options to customers; they should not be passing this on to the customer. For some others, they pay lip service to digital payment while encouraging cash transactions to fly under the tax radar. I know that many service and spare dealers perpetuate this practice, whenever possible its best to take your business elsewhere.
Was there everywhere, but abroad the merchant charges vanished, as competition took over. remember, the merchant also saves in cash handling, and bill management. Of course over here he probably curses the buyer since it ceases to be 'black'.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:12   #109
BHPian

Another initiative from the government in its drive towards improving electronic payments systems. Government has launched BharatQr Code a payment system using QR codes. The best part or uniqueness of the App is that it is inter-operable i.e., you can pay a merchant who has PayTM even if you have some other payment system. In essence a merchant can have just a single payment QR code displayed and get payments from multiple other systems.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Eco...le17339300.ece
vamsi.kona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:25   #110
Senior - BHPian

With all the reports of fake 2K notes coming in , it's better to stay cashless. I heard somebody got a bogus 2K note from an ATM.

Here's another bizarre report of fake 2K notes with "Churan Patti" embossed on the notes.

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india...ia-272048.html
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote