Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 22nd November 2013, 13:39   #436
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Found it. Reshma Bhurji has been restored opposite Garware College, in the Prince Photo Studio Premises.
This place is hardly 5 minutes from my home but I never knew about it. Must try it out once.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 11:34   #437
BHPian

Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Guys craving for good Asian cuisine can try Tsaai Shen Yeh on Baner-Pashan Link road. Serves good food.
KaandBaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 12:36   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Guys craving for good Asian cuisine can try Tsaai Shen Yeh on Baner-Pashan Link road. Serves good food.
I would agree, however the only grouse is they take quite some time to prepare the order. So if you visit, do take out some time and not be in a hurry. I even found SICE on Baner road to be okay for chinese.
Parry1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 08:38   #439
BHPian

I went to Bengaluru for 3 days and completely fell in love with the Dosas served almost all around the town, however, being on a tight schedule I could not get enough of those soft yet crispy dosas, so people from down south can you suggest a place in pune who would come close those in Bengaluru, if any??
599gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 11:18   #440
BHPian

Puneiites, this is not exactly an eating out query, but related to eating nevertheless.

Where can one find good fish in Pune other than the delight/frozen variety?
vibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 16:22   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Puneiites, this is not exactly an eating out query, but related to eating nevertheless.

Where can one find good fish in Pune other than the delight/frozen variety?
Try Shivaji Market, Camp. Huge market and good, fresh variety too.
Else, on Satara road, there's a shop called Taru's.
Else, on Karve Rd, next to Dashbhuja temple, there's another one that sells good fish.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 17:14   #442
BHPian

Taru's fresh fish shop is also behind the Kumbharwada. From Pune Corporation building, take the bridge between PMC and Natraj theatre and go across the river.
At the other end of the bridge, there is a traffic signal. The shop is located here (ask anyone for Taru fish shop)
abeerbagul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 19:02   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Else, on Karve Rd, next to Dashbhuja temple, there's another one that sells good fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
Taru's fresh fish shop is also behind the Kumbharwada. From Pune Corporation building, take the bridge between PMC and Natraj theatre and go across the river.
At the other end of the bridge, there is a traffic signal. The shop is located here (ask anyone for Taru fish shop)
Thanks buddies for the tip up. I ll check them out soon. Being a fish fan it is very difficult for me to stay without them for long!!
vibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 12:18   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
I went to Bengaluru for 3 days and completely fell in love with the Dosas served almost all around the town, however, being on a tight schedule I could not get enough of those soft yet crispy dosas, so people from down south can you suggest a place in pune who would come close those in Bengaluru, if any??
As mentioned earlier by many members please try Idlicious on Baner Road.

Has anyone tried Poona Baking Company or as its commonly knows as PBC in JW Marriot ?
If anyone loves frappe's this is the place to visit. A bit expensive at Rs 200 - 250 per head but the frappe they serve are the best. Also we get a chance to check few beauties in their parking. And they do have smoking zone if you are my kind that needs a fag with the cuppa.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2013 at 17:04. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 30th November 2013, 16:41   #445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Has anyone tried Poona Baking Company or as its commonly knows as PBC in JW Marriot ?
If anyone loves frappe's this is the place to visit. A bit expensive at Rs 200 - 250 per head but the frappe they serve are the best. Also we get a chance to check few beauties in their parking. And they do have smoking zone if you are my kind that needs a fag with the cuppa.
PBC is a nice place to catch up with friends after a tiring day. Try their make-your-own-sandwich with the multigrain bread. Very decent!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 16:59   #446
BHPian

If any beef curry/fry lovers in the forum, I can recommend Kerela Food Joint near Khadki Station. Its on the back side of Khadki station, on the corner of the road that comes from RangeHill road. Not a place everybody might like, but serves awesome beef curry and beef fry with some parotha. Worth a try and also the rates are cheap. Rs 60 for a plate of beef.
Old 23rd December 2013, 16:13   #447
BHPian

Visited "Andy's" @ Bavdhan this past friday. We entered the restaurant at 8:00 pm and there was not a single soul. The waiters were chatting around. We are generally apprehensive entering restaurant which doesnt have any customers due to bad experiences in the past. But I had read few good reviewes of this place on zomato.com and hence gathered the courage to sit in the restaurant.

Ambience : It is good. Proper lighting and tables are placed at appropriate distance. Not much crowding. Chairs are also comfortable. Overall 4/5

Food : We ordered brocolli mushroom soup, korean rice and my favourite pad thai chicken noodles. All the items were served in about 15 minutes and the taste was good.
The portions were also huge. Special mention of pad thai here. I have eaten pad thai in authentic thai restaurants earlier and this was very close to that taste. Albeit it was a bit dry and so I asked for peanut sauce. The waiter got me the freshly made piping hot peanut sauce.
My wife also liked the Korean rice. But we couldnt gauge the authenticity because we hadnt eaten that before.
Overall 4.5 /5

Damages : : About Rs. 650 for couple. So it is quiet economical.
The good thing is they didnt charge service charge / tax or VAT.
So I left a very generous tip

Overall a fantastic dinner on friday night.
athanedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:06   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Visited "Andy's" @ Bavdhan this past friday. We entered the restaurant at 8:00 pm and there was not a single soul. The waiters were chatting around. We are generally apprehensive entering restaurant which doesnt have any customers due to bad experiences in the past. But I had read few good reviewes of this place on zomato.com and hence gathered the courage to sit in the restaurant.

Have always observed the place is deserted since it opened. Never ventured there. Being in the same complex, have you tried the cakes at Richie's. Would say much better than the one's available at mass produced branded cake shops. If not tried do try...
mm403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:48   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The karve rd shop is Supekar's. Another outlet is near Shivaji putala/Kothrud.
You can also try Shehnewaz - this is on Spicer College rd almost near Khadki - road side vegetable market and a couple of fish/meat shops..

@mm403 - Richie's is expensive but quite good. You can also try the chicken puff they have.

KaandBaaz - is that the point where the road from Uni of Pune also joins in? - Same road as I mentioned for the fish merchant?
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:54   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
The karve rd shop is Supekar's. Another outlet is near Shivaji putala/Kothrud.
I was just about to update this list with Supekar's name
Just yesterday did we buy fish from Superkars' outlet opposite Thorat Udyan/Shivaji statue.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote