Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 5th January 2017, 02:03   #556
BHPian

Default Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Hello Bhpians,

Good to see this thread active again after more than 15 months. Few of my favourite picks,

Hippie @ Heart, FC Road - Meat Loader Pizza and the Pork pizza, just yummy thin crust loaded with meat and cheese

Flour Works, Kalyani nagar - Warm chicken salad, Vietnam cold coffee and fresh cookies.

Le Plaisir - Serves good food, but a little over priced.

Chillies (Phoenix mall) - Everything right from drinks to desserts.

Satkar Dining Hall, Sinhgad Road, - Sea food at affordable rate

Maratha Samrat, baner & Kothrud - Non-veg lovers haven

Salad Grills, Kalyani Nagar (Delivery Only) - When you feel like having healthy salads

Burger11 - Amazing burgers for mid-night hunger pangs

Also I would suggest all foodie Bhpians, to join Pune Eat Outs Group on Facebook to get update and reviews on new places in Pune. It a no non-sense group.
KaandBaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 10:25   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Try Supreme pavbhaji at canal road. That is the best so far for me. Their Pizzas are also not bad.
That reminds me. Here is my top 3 of over rated/ hyped places in Pune.
1. Vaishali, FC road
2. Supreme, JM road
3. Darshan, Prabhat road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Searched the thread but found no mention of "Falahaar". They serve some good Pav Bhaji & Sandwiches, apart from fruit juices and milk shakes.
They have, I guess, 3 outlets in Pune. Viman Nagar, Baner and probably Bibwewadi.
..Its a Veg only outlet.
Too far for me for a veg only outlet. I have planned a few times to go their Baner road outlet but then either ended up at Desi aroma or Rushhrs
The hunt for a fat sandwich continues

Meanwhile, also went to a few other places:
- Olympia kathi rolls, east street: awesome rolls and really vfm. Way better compared to Kapila. Highly recommended
- Kayani, east street - Brazilnut biscuits and mava cake. Yummy! Highly recommended
- Nisarg, off nal stop: Food was decent, but I found it overpriced. Also, found that the attitude of the guy taking the order was a bit condescending
- Kalinga - off Nal stop: Good quality food and they also customise your order according to dietary requirements. Neer dosa and chicken gassi are worth a mention. Though I dont know how authentic it is, it did taste good. Worth a visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Also I would suggest all foodie Bhpians, to join Pune Eat Outs Group on Facebook to get update and reviews on new places in Pune. It a no non-sense group.
Really? I am there too, but it seems more to promote specific places/ people. Also, half the posts seem to be for misal joints. I am open to be corrected though, so will wait and watch.

Last edited by selfdrive : 5th January 2017 at 10:32.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 02:10   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Really? I am there too, but it seems more to promote specific places/ people. Also, half the posts seem to be for misal joints. I am open to be corrected though, so will wait and watch.
Haha, I agree on the Misal point, as they say you can never take Misal out of any food discussion in Pune . And who doesn't love a good Misal with some buttermilk. But still I feel its a good page to get contacts for home-cooks and bakers as well as new places.
KaandBaaz is offline   Reply With Quote