Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2006, 13:23   #16
BHPian

personally i strongly denounce the death sentence. as stated earlier, had he been executed by some civilian of his country it wud have been okay, but not this.

if this keeps happening tommorow its going to our turn, in the name of human rights violation (so many rapes, murders & terrorist attacks) US might invade us being the big bully.

the core thing in the whole conflict is OIL & not saddam hussain. had human rights violation been the root cause, pakistan wud have been targeted before iraq, after all what saddam did was in his own country & not somewhere on the planet. may god have mercy on bush, well both of them!

Last edited by naveendhyani : 6th November 2006 at 13:28.
Old 6th November 2006, 14:56   #17
BHPian

Bush will do Anything for OIL
(oil its the hottest commoditiy for all humans)

In a couple of years someother resource will be come a hot one.. So the local will be hung by the bully with some dumb pretext of humanity again...

HISTORY REPEATS.!!
Old 6th November 2006, 16:00   #18
BHPian

when is this gonna happen to US???
Old 6th November 2006, 17:42   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Why doesnt Bush get tried for killing so many Iraqis sinnce they invaded , and what did they invade for ... a few items that they just couldn't seem to find . Its the US who is acting as the BIG BULLY ... why didnt they act on Pakistan for killing so many Indians, or even let Indians do the same ???
Couldn't agree more, khaadu. At last count, the number of Iraqis killed is 6.5lakhs. Man, with that much blood on his hand, I am not sure whether it will be fair even if GWB is hanged multiple times. They bombed a country to dust, allegedly to find some WMDs which they themselves had given in the first place. Insolence of the highest order.
These guys did not learn from Vietnam. But then this time around, they are really going to get it hard and will wish they never embarked on this misadventure. For God's sake, this is not the middle ages, when you could gather an army and go around invading countries. These guys need to pay and I am sure they will.
Old 6th November 2006, 18:33   #20
elf
BANNED

Bush first carpet bombed large parts of Afghanistan, then invaded & subsequently systematically destroyed Iraq, including all civil, military & judicial systems. He then set up a kangaroo court to try Saddam, coz his Dad's sorry Texan butt was kicked like a football in Gulf War I.

Methinks we should be trying Bush for his crimes against humanity. Goddamn dumb@$$ hypocrite redneck makes my blood boil!
Old 7th November 2006, 09:53   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

And the sickest thing is that the nursery of terrorism a.k.a Pakistan is their ally in this so-called War on Terror. I just hope they do not mess with the puff-haired, VSOP drinking, serial lover in N.Korea or else it might get too hot for the whole world to handle.
Old 7th November 2006, 12:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
These guys need to pay and I am sure they will.
Unfortuntely, winners write (or rewrite) the history. So, for next generation, Saddam will always be second Hitler and Bush will be second Churchil. If a nation tries to build credible deterence against attack, it becomes a rogue state, but if CIA funds terrorists and military generals to overthrow democractics goverments, it is for freedom of people.

Why go till next generation? If you were in US at the time of Iraq war, you should have seen the way media/govt. created the hype. Every American genuinely believed that war is absolutely necessary and Saddam has hidden WMDs and is going use them against US.

Last edited by RX135 : 7th November 2006 at 12:36.
Old 7th November 2006, 12:54   #23
elf
BANNED

This may be off topic, but methinks the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India & China) will form a useful deterrent against the US lunacy, simply in terms of their combined present / future economic power. One does not make war with a vital trading partner, especially when US Big Business is concerned.

That, not weapons & grandstanding, will curb the dumb rednecks in the White House. Although, militarily, that combination too would be priceless.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

What is worrying is the number of times Iraq and the so-called 'War On Terror' are being invoked to help Bush through elections.

One would normally have advance warning of when a sentence when a judicial process is in place - you'd know when to expect a sentence. In this case, the sentence has conveniently come when GWB and the GOP are trailing the Democrats in the run-up to the mid-term elections.

I dont think the significance of the timing is lost on anyone. Yet again it proves that GWB will do ANYTHING to keep winning.

I travelled with a group of American tourists in Argentina and we discussed the upcoming elections - the startling fact was that everyone agreed that the Democrats are leading but everyone expected the Reps to 'win' - 80% of those chaps (its not a representative sample) thought the election process is rigged through the voting machines.

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark (you cant say the State of United States!) and I'll bet you that someone somewhere in the united states is reading/monitoring what is said in this thread, as indeed they monitor almost everything these days.

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th November 2006 at 13:03.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I travelled with a group of American tourists in Argentina and we discussed the upcoming elections - the startling fact was that everyone agreed that the Democrats are leading but everyone expected the Reps to 'win' - 80% of those chaps (its not a representative sample) thought the election process is rigged through the voting machines.
That thought crossed my mind during the last 'presidential' elections in united states. There was such a huge turnout in many constituencies and usually a 'huge turnout' is always associated with an anti-establishment vote.

But surprisingly no such thing happened. And unlike in India, the electronic voting machines are not 'Standalone voting machines' but in this case they are 'networked voting machines'...apparently the excuse given was that the voters needed a receipt of vote and that necessitated such measure.

When during an interview someone asked on implementing a more simpler standalone voting machine system in united state which would make it more foolproof, some person representing the 'republican party or the Company incharge of managing these machines' just dismissed off the idea.

Probably the democrats won't win another election again in the future.
Old 7th November 2006, 14:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Unfortuntely, winners write (or rewrite) the history. So, for next generation, Saddam will always be second Hitler and Bush will be second Churchil.
Yeah, history is usually dictated by the victor.
But inspite of all this, we still know the truth behind the Vietnam fiasco, right ? And from all indications, the hotbed in Iraq is going to make the Vietnamese paddy fields look like a bed of roses.

Coming to the Americans genuinely believing in the WMD theory propagated by someone as intellectually-disadvantaged as Bush, there are various reasons for this :

1. The Americans are selfish. For most of them, the world starts and ends with the US. For all they care, the rest of the world be damned as long as the US is safe and they are able to plunder the resources from other countries.

2. Ignorance and lack of commonsense is another reason. No wonder call centres in India inculcate in their employees the 10 equals 35 rule.

3. Experience is the best teacher. It took a hard hit on US soil for them to realise that they could also be targetted, by the Frankenstein that they had unleashed on the world. The subsequent fear psychosis generated by Bush & Co could have made quite some converts to the cause.
Old 7th November 2006, 15:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
This may be off topic, but methinks the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India & China) will form a useful deterrent against the US lunacy.......
why take so much pain right now when US cant handle a piddly country like the NORTH KOREA.

the war is about somebody's mindset, if somebody is ready to die dont mess with him. did anyone notice how US reaction changed when NORTH KOREA warned against sanctions.

one who has the b@ll$ rules, SIMPLE!!!

PS the above holds true for indian leadership, who unfortunately dont seem to have any
Old 7th November 2006, 16:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

I agree.. B*lls is what you require to stand up to them. Look what the Vietnamese did to them. My dad had a co-worker who was a marine pilot during the Vietnam war. He never talked about it, just said it was a dark and sad period for them.
Ohh..and ours is the most spineless government of all.
Old 7th November 2006, 16:59   #29
BHPian

On the whole Saddam's hanging is a message to the World, that there is a Authority bigger than a country's constitution and their people.

I feel the people of Iraq did not have the right leader to oppose the US. Iraqis believed in retaliating with arms which made US take advantage. Going by the principles of Mahatma Gandhi, they could have opted for non-volience and non-cooperation.. which are the greatest weapons of freedom .... No country with brutal force can touch the unarmed mass.. it would have been big threat for US who claimed WMA in Iraq..

I wish this is adopted by all countries being threatened !!
Old 7th November 2006, 17:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
why take so much pain right now when US cant handle a piddly country like the NORTH KOREA.
A piddly country... but a piddly country with Nukes... whole different ball game altogether!
Closed Thread