Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 6th November 2006, 13:57   #16
BHPian

I am no expert but I really do think the property prices are at the peak right now. If I were you, I would stay in a rental for about a year or so. Who knows, we might be in for a correction sometime soon

Sobha developers are among the very best I have seen but pricey. I dont think you will find anything around 40L since they mostly do only 3BHK and beyond. Apart from the builders noted above, you might want to look at Divyasree Builders.
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 16:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Since you are new to the city, why jump in property as a novice. Stay on rent for a year or so.
See all locations, builders and choose what you like, and then buy.
Absoultely sound advice!! No point in making such a crucial investment of your life as a novice.
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 17:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus
I am no expert but I really do think the property prices are at the peak right now. If I were you, I would stay in a rental for about a year or so. Who knows, we might be in for a correction sometime soon .
Guys, I disagree. Property prices have been at a peak for the last three years now (almost all of India) with no signs of abating. Every single day the prices rise further. Apart from spending Rs. 1 lac in rent in one year (which will be useful in down-payment), he will most probably end up paying a much higher price for purchase of the property in future.

40L should be quite sufficient for a 2 bedroom place in Whitefield / Brookefields area. i hear that Purvankara investors are wanting to sell at the 2 projects close to Marathahalli and prices being quoted may be reasonable now that the projects are getting ready for occupation.

But first, he needs to decide on which area he needs to stay in w.r.t work.
Wheeliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 14:27   #19
BHPian

Exclamation One duplex house coming through...

I wake up every morning to this dream of Ours, of securing a home in Bangalore. Its almost a year since I moved to Bangalore and the search is never over.

After getting used to Bangalore, the once forgotten thought of buying a home started occupying my head. Months and months of reviews, advices, articles, visits, cheats from agents, finally met a gentleman, the then gentleman, who was selling his 'under-construction' house as he was moving to US. The dream was very close to becoming a reality. The dealings were finalised and were to sign an agreement just before my marriage.

I couldnt resist but visited the property almost thrice everyweek(driving from ECity to Yelahanka) to check on the progress and talk to the gentleman, the then gentleman. He promised to get paper work done when he returns from Hyderabad in a week.

A week passes by, the gentleman did not return, no calls, no responses.
Two weeks pass by, and I start to get nervous, for the thought of moving to the house after marriage, which was hardly 2-3 weeks away.
Fourth week I manage to get hold of his uncle who simply says "Intha anthanga chesi ammesthara enti?" (Would anyone give away after building such a nice one).

The dream, that almost turned to reality showed its ruthlessness, We were shattered, the house which I started living in my dreams was grounded.

Marriage was a big occasion and a big responsibility, as I was going against my family's wish and getting married to my long term friend and the Love of my Life. New employer, facing family's music, facing my soon-to-be wifeys family tunes, none seemed to be working fine for me.
After lots of trouble, it was time for the Occasion. And never have I felt that Happiness in Life. Got married, managed to keep the troubles off my mind.

After a month off on marriage and trips, was back to Bangalore and the home search was on again. Atleast 10 calls per day, 5 visits every week, mostly on weekdays, none came close to Our Dream Home.

It seemed that We have hit the jackpot finally when an agent showed a house yesterday, closing to almost 98% of Our dream home. The budget was high for Us, but with such a nicely built house I was ready to ruin my long term savings, even gold ornaments for the house. After an hour of inspection, the servant maid who is the care taker returns with an atom bomb. It as been sold to the owners nephew a week ago and the owner never informed the agent!!!

This is the second time We came close to securing Our dream Home only to see it coming down crashing. Months and months of search, meeting irregular agents, crazy owners never dampened my spirit this much. We feel lost.

Just wanted to share Our feelings.
Rocky_Balboa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2007, 18:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Just for my own info...

What's the price of a cent of a land at Banashankhari 2nd/3rd stage ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2007, 18:18   #21
BHPian

The price of land would vary depending on whether it is a BDA site or otherwise.
Banashakari 2nd. Stage: land would cost upwards of Rs. 5000 / SFT
Banashankari 3rd. stage: Upwards of 3500 / SFT.

Prices are per square feet, mind you.
Kontoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:21   #22
Team-BHP Support

Rocky, can understand your situation. I was in pretty much the same state as you were/are. I finally decided i am not going to settle in Bangalore, and stopped looking at buying a place here.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Its the same old story, I started last year with the search and then gave up and I think will start again this year now.

Its a big commitment, cant take it in a jiffy or with compromises.

@mithun, BSK is a good locality, but expensive properties.

Last edited by dadu : 22nd August 2007 at 10:39.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Just for my own info...

What's the price of a cent of a land at Banashankhari 2nd/3rd stage ?
I stay in Padmanabhanagar (Bsk III Stage). I was casually inquiring with my builder about the land prices in and around my area. He told me that people are ready to pay 6000 psqft. I can not vouch for the authenticity of this as I am not well versed with the present real estate trends. In the hind sight, it looks like a good decision that I bought my house about 5 years back at fifth of the price being quoted now. I am not entirely happy with my house, but looking at the never ending upward spiral of land prices, I take solace in my decision.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:33   #25
BHPian

I have the same story too.. I started looking for plots/houses way back from 2003..many a times i had almost sealed a deal but some how got fizzled away as the prop was already sold to some one, papers not right etc. after 3 years of searching i finally booked an apartment in Purvankara. I am born and brought up in Bangalore and i kinda share the same regional feelings that an independent house is better than an apartment and i always thought i didnt want to live in an apartment...but the rising land cost and so much cheating happening i thought better invest in some thing even an apartment rather than not doing anything. In my 3 years search i have seen property prices go three folds and i kicked myslef for every deal that went down.. some properties which i started looking at Rs600 persft are now around Rs.2000 can you believe it. i get a sinking feeling in my stomach just thinking about it ..well better late than never.. But be extra careful while buying any property double check all the papers and get a good lawyer or an experienced person to scrutinize the papers, better let the deal go while you take time to check and rechek instead of repenting later.
I believe the next growth phase in Bangalore will be in the north between bellary road and Mysore road. this region hasnt seen any big devleopment all these years and this is where people should look at investing. but investing is one and building a dream home near to office is another thing. And the later is impossible in most cases for a budget conscious buyer. unless you can live in an apartment.
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Pragmatically speaking, it doesnt make sense to own land to build a house any more. High rise apartment buildings are the need of the hour to accomodate the burgeoning growth. Bangalore is not a village anymore.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:34   #27
BHPian

@amitoj, When was Bangalore a village .. some parts have become villages now (in about 5-8 yrs) but Bangalore was a very beautiful city a decade ago before the IT boom. traffic was very civilized and people cordial most cities in india were not up to Bangalore standards.
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:17   #28
BHPian

Check out bdasites
It is a good place to talk about bangalore properties

Nirmal
nirmalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:55   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
@amitoj, When was Bangalore a village .. some parts have become villages now (in about 5-8 yrs) but Bangalore was a very beautiful city a decade ago before the IT boom. traffic was very civilized and people cordial most cities in india were not up to Bangalore standards.
I didnt mean literally a village with farming communities and a panchayat and a sarpanch yaar. I meant a village with respect to more square feet area per person a decade back.

And regarding "most cities in india were not up to Bangalore standards"... am gonna let this one slide for now...
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Proximity to office is an important factor, while investing on a dream house. You might get 'em cheap in newly-developing areas, but keep in mind that with the kind of traffic we see today, you also will need to invest in a chopper to fly to work !!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote