Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 12th September 2017, 20:29   #61
BHPian

Default Re: The GST Thread (non-automotive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
GST Verification

Guys I had an experience yesterday. Not very good neither very bad, just something to think/do about.

Me and missus had been to a restaurant for dinner. Post dinner when the bill arrived, I handed the waiter my credit card for payment. On this the waiter replied that the machine is not working and we need to pay in cash.
As it was a tiring day, wife promptly paid in cash and we left.

Today morning I found the bill in the car, that restaurant had a GST number and had charged us 18% in total. I just felt a need to validate the GST number. I tried to verify it online here, but the website never loaded. Neither is it opening at the moment. I searched and downloaded a couple of apps from the play store and put the GST in there. 2-3 apps showed me that the GST is INVALID.

So basically, I think the restaurant fooled us with a fake GST number. But I am not very confident to say that as I have not found a 100% reliable way to validate that. I am not anywhere worried about the amount that we paid the restaurant under the term "GST", as its gone now.
But this can happen to anyone and the amount can be substantial. I've learnt a lesson on a very small loss.

Is anyone here aware of a full-proof method of validating the GST number. I would like to take it as a habit to validate GST no. of the seller on every next purchase.
You can check here : https://services.gst.gov.in/services/searchtp
DigitalOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 15:26   #62
Team-BHP Support

Saw a very balanced article on Quora on GST from the company perspective. Very interesting.

https://www.quora.com/Does-everyone-...ty-2?srid=CPqD
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 20:05   #63
BHPian

Looks like it is going to haunt them for long. Shall we salaried cattle class start preparing ourselves for more Direct taxes in upcoming budget

http://www.businesstoday.in/current/...ry/260376.html
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote