Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 22nd July 2017, 03:59   #1
Unhappy In the end...R.I.P. Chester Bennington

There was this time when I heard 'em first during my time in NIT Allahabad and I couldnt help notice the exuberant energy brimming out the voices of these blokes from a band called Linkin Park. Little did I know, this band would make me love their music so much. It was 2000 back then, 17 long years hence, I feel much in awe again. Be it "In the end" or "Somewhere I belong" or " Breaking the habit".

I took the liberty to post a thread dedicated to the lead vocal guy, Chester Bennington. Wept a lot. Still remember the days in Patel Hostel, when LP came to me like a whirlwhind, as AR Rehman did with Roja e.g. "Yeh Hassen wadiyaan".

Rush/Ajmat/ other Mods,
If you feel this post doesnt warrant a separate thread, please merge it.

A few videos, which wont get old for years to come:

I wont go into the premises (depression) which led to his tragic ending, but he was presumably very close to Chris Cornell, a singer who ended his life in May this year. The lead singer of LP ended his life, the same day Chris was born.

RIP Chester. You would not be forgotten.

Last edited by e46 : 22nd July 2017 at 04:19.
e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 22:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
Default re: In the end...R.I.P. Chester Bennington

Very tragic. Rock In Peace, Chester!
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 23:20   #3

Ah LP. I just went numb after hearing the tragic news
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 01:09   #4

Fond of many of Linkin Park songs. Many are still in my playlists. Rockstar you will remain always Chester. RIP.

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2017 at 11:12. Reason: No SMS language please
w8763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 02:51   #5

Im on a Linkin park bingeathon! Sad that Chester is gone. Though his newer albums weren't the vintage LP that we all loved, it was a deeper dive into a broken man... May he finally rest in peace.
rambo1o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Anyone read about the rumours that Chester and Chris Cornell could have been murdered/taken out, because they were on the verge of exposing a network of pedophiles in the entertainment industry. The two allegedly worked on this together. Also since Chester seemed to be out of his depression years, and with the responsibility of a wife, kids and even being the god father to Chris' kids after he died, I also think it is unlikely that a grown adult would just commit suicide just like that.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 11:16   #7
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: In the end...R.I.P. Chester Bennington

Was very saddened & shocked by the news.

In my iTunes, I have a playlist called 'Gold'. In this playlist are a few of my top songs. Meaning, what I consider the crème de la crème of my 3,000 song collection. Few artists would have two songs in the gold playlist; Linkin Park does with 'in the end' & 'numb'.

Guess this'll be a fitting video to share on a car forum. What a video:
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 13:02   #8

Absolutely Heartbroken!

What a man! his songs, lyrics, the meaning of every line - touched my soul. How I wished I could have been to a live concert where he performed? I faintly remember he had been to Korea / China and so wished he came to India.

These lines....from Numb, had a part in making me the person I am today.
Can't you see that you're smothering me?
Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control
Cause everything that you thought I would be
Has fallen apart right in front of you

Also read that he was traumatised as a child (abuse) and maybe what IshaanIan has mentioned could be true, will now try and read through it.

Saw a video where Jay Z is aghast hearing him (Chester) scream (look up Youtube). Shows the pure caliber of what Chester was all about.

I think we lost two gems (Chris and Chester) and for me there is no other group that stirs my heart with simple lyrics, amazing composition and most importantly - Chester's amazing voice.
saildrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 23:21   #9

Couldn't stop myself from posting on this thread.

I am not the one to keep up with the latest in music, but the old shots like LP, Greenday, Phil Collins are always on my list.

When I saw the news, I was shocked beyond belief.

His voice, energy, the lyrics and how you can connect to that meaning of his songs.

In the End . all time favorite and will remain forever.

Was partying at a brewery in Gurgaon this saturday and was really happy all through. Until the DJ played ' In the End ' as a tribute to Chester ..

Rest in Peace !
skyrocket003 is offline   Reply With Quote