Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 23rd November 2006, 14:10   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Whats NEW on Team-BHP?

So whats new on Team-BHP? Our software / hardware upgrades have logically provided a safer, faster and more reliable platform. But there’s also the following new value-adding features now:

Ignore Forums from “New Posts” Search
You now have the ability to exclude a particular forum (which is not of your interest) from the “New Posts” search. To activate this facility, simply go over to your “User CP” followed by “Edit Options”. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the list of forums. A shortcut to that page is here.

PM on Moderation
You will receive an automated PM at any time that your post / thread is moderated (move/delete/edit etc.). This will serve as a notification from the Team-BHP Support staff.

Boolean Search
Our search function just got better! You can now search for “Tyre and Honda” instead of just one of the two. Therefore, if you are looking for tyres for your Honda, you can simply use Boolean by typing the previously mentioned phrase. On a relevant note, you can now also choose to view search results as posts / threads without going to the advanced search screen.

Multi-Quoting Posts
The multi-quote feature allows you to tag multiple posts that you wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once you click the reply button, each tagged post is quoted. You may use upto three quotes per post.

Quote Tags Link to Quoted Post
When quoting a certain post, the ID of the post is automatically included with the [quote] tag. When the quoted text is viewed in a thread, a small icon links back to the quoted post.

Ability to email users.
To solve the problem of PMs not reaching full inboxes, we have enabled the “Send email to user” link. Simply go to a users profile and follow the link. The email address will NOT be visible to you, but you can make use of the provided form. However, if the user has specified that he / she does not wish to receive emails from Team-BHP you will not be able to perform this task.

Member Infraction System
A comprehensive warning system that notifies users of warnings / infractions against defaulting posts. Please view this thread for more information.

Better AJAX.
AJAX technology allows you to send and receive information on the web, without the page reloading. Team-BHP has a lot of AJAX features which help you (and the moderators) in various functions. For e.g., if you reply to a thread using the “quick reply” box at the bottom of every thread, your reply will be posted without the entire page reloading.

Default Thread Sorting Option per Forum
You can choose how threads will be sorted on a per forum basis. Options include the field and direction to sort using.

Subscribe & unsubscribe to Threads / Forums.
If you wish to follow a certain thread / forum, simply click Thread / Forum tools and click subscribe. You will also have a chance to choose the frequency of email subscriptions.

Thread preview on mouse-over
When viewing a forum, or a list of threads, take your mouse over the thread title. You will see a short preview of the thread content.

Members list is back!
The much requested “Members list” has been activated again. However, some 2004 members (who have not yet confirmed their membership via email) are not present on the list.

Full BCC Support in Private Messages
Like in an email, BCC (blind carbon-copy) allows you to hide the full list of recipients from each recipient. In previous versions of Team-BHP, the “to” field acted like a BCC field. Now, the “to” field acts like the field in an email; each recipient will see all the names in the “to” field but not in the “bcc” field.

Old Introductions will automatically close after 14 days.
Again, something that was much requested. Introductions will automatically close within 30 days of creation.

Last edited by GTO : 25th November 2006 at 14:34. Reason: fixed URL
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 14:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey this is great

Getting T-BHP back online is like getting one's addiction fix back! You dont realise how dependant you are on it till it is taken away from you.

Great job guys. these improvements look really nice and will surely make T-BHP an even more interesting community.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 14:52   #3
BHPian

hey!

kudos to the Team-BHP support staff!

now could i ask for a better birthday gift from u guys!!!

cheers!
Shrivz...
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 14:59   #4
elf
BANNED

Default Welcome back...

This is nice. Shall have a few days of frantic posting before my trip.

Like the new rules... - They finally address issues most people had.

Hell...Oh again, BHPians...

Last edited by elf : 23rd November 2006 at 15:03.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 15:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

kudos to TBHP support staff, Its a amazing feeling to get online with TBHP after a long gap, Again kaam chori Chalu...
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 15:13   #6
BANNED

WOW!!!
That's a great relief!

Nice to see the new features. Especially the members' list being back.
BTW, Isn't there some new skins A.K.A color schemes etc...???

Kudos to Team-BHP for making so much efforts.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 15:18   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

its back!

"http://www.[url]http.com//www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/19038-team-bhp-warning-infraction-system.html%5B/url%5D" that link format ..(typo?) is wrong.

and that "view my p g " is good

Edit from Mod - I have edited the link. Thanks for mentioning it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2006 at 01:47.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:06   #8
BHPian

YIPPEEE.. Back with a bang!!
MalluDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic !! Well done .. took me by surprise , what with the official re-launch date being 25th ...
checked this morning - it was down .. then @planet sms'ed me and lo !!!

I wish all our software projects met timelines this well
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:14   #10
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Awesome stuff guys !!! teh best just got better
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

@shuvc - i got the information from team bhp community (orkut) and sms-d all the guys @kolkata.

i couldnt log into the forum for a minute or two..but then everything was fine.

like someone said ... team bhp kept its word by coming back online by 25th...

all the best guys

oh i forgot... thanks a lot... i was like so much bored @work.

it doesnt look new but after going through the added features ... it feels good and modded!
planet_rocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone direct me to where we can change the themes ? Or has that option been removed ?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:29   #13
BHPian

Holy Cow! That is a lot of nifty changes - and it does feel warm to be home again!

- johy
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:30   #14
BANNED

Hey, seems its gonna take some time for illiterate members like me to figure out teh changes ... Anyways , if all r saying its better then Im sure it must be ...

Lets go POSTING again ..

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:31   #15
Max
BHPian

finally i can now breath while tbhp is back
Max is offline   Reply With Quote