View Poll Results: Who cleans the car?
YOU 90 39.82%
Sometimes you 96 42.48%
Definitely NOT you 40 17.70%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th July 2012, 19:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Who cleans your car(s) ?

My car is ALWAYS cleaned/waxed/polished by me. This helps me maintain that special 'connection' with my car.

The only exception is when it goes for the annual service to the auth. SC.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 20:04   #77
BHPian

"Mahadev" the cleaner who comes in our society, washes my car and bike everyday. Car is cleaned from inside every weekend.
OHCVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 20:37   #78
BHPian

Laura is cleaned by me using Jopasu duster on regular basis. Washing is done after 2-3 weeks as required.

Santro has been entrusted to a car cleaner. He does a relatively good job.
bloodred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 22:40   #79
BANNED

My gets cleaned by the Helper of the society.Usually the outside and inside the matting is removed and cleaned daily by him.Every month i do the interior detailing,the carpet vaccuming by myself.
I also give a car wash liquid to the cleaner.and have instructed him on how to use the cloth.So every morning i get into a clean shiny car.
raycers_honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 23:36   #80
BHPian

I do not clean my car. We have hired a help who does that for some of the apartments. I must admit for him its more of a glass cleaning session. There are dust spots visible post his cleaning. He does clean it properly from the inside though.

My schedule does not permit me to devote much time to cleaning my car. However as a measure I make it a point to ensure my car does not carry any sort of rubbish. I do dispose everything as and when I reach home.

With me working almost 12 hours a day and literally 2-2.5 hours of commuting, its not an option for me.

However, when I have to wax it, I do so myself. She does get pampered with a thorough car wash once in a while.
AbhishekB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 14:26   #81
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: Who cleans your car(s) ?

I clean my car whenever I have time on weekends. 8 out of 10 times it's cleaned by me. The remaining 2 times it may be cleaned by the person who comes to our house for doing odd jobs. I personally prefer to clean it myself, however sometimes if I don't have the time or inclination to do the task, I have to delegate it to someone.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 14:32   #82
Senior - BHPian

Good to see so many BHPians doing it themselves!

I use to do it for my M800 around 7 years ago. Now I dont get a chance to clean it. However, I do remove minor scratched using the compound they sell at the petrol pumps every month or so.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 12:47   #83
BHPian

(Me) Washing successfully my Fabia since last one year!

yes, its been said and usually followed by most that when its new you do care more and later on who knows who cares? But for a true BHPians its a different story, caring for their cars all seasons no matter how old she is.
Quite understandable that some gets involved into personal/other stuffs that it becomes impossible to do it oneself. But if time permits, one should do it on his own.
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 12:50   #84
Senior - BHPian

It is either me, when at home or the ASC during services. I tried going to local washers and the sort, but they end up giving me more swirl marks than a clean car.

I appreciate the boys there rubbing as much as they can and panting and puffing till they drop dead but that, unfortunately, is not the way to clean a car.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 13:18   #85
BHPian

Post Re: Who cleans your car(s) ?

I wash my car myself once in 3 weeks. Its been 1.5 years now, and the enthusiasm to wash it is still going strong . Hence bought Meguiar's Wash mitt and 3M Micro fibre from 3M Outlet in Seawoods. Use 'California Original Duster' for daily cleaning purpose. All 3 are recommended by me.

My thinking is if you can buy a car, you should also wash it yourself. It strengthen the bond between you two. I've no intention to handover the washing to the society watchman, no matter how good they say their cleaning and washing is.
Arunshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 14:20   #86
Team-BHP Support

i have stopped sandpapering my car on a daily basis. Either I give it a proper shampoo wash myself or I get it professionally washed.

Saying that, my car gets covered in dust in no time so it is always covered in grime
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 20:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

Though cleaned by myself, have reduced the frequency due to various reasons such as lack of time, less usage hence clean only before use and also to save some precious water hence switching over to dry duster cleaning.

All these changes though keeps the car unclean but it gets a thorough wash at the car wash center once in a couple of months!
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 20:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Our cars are cleaned by the cleaner 5-6 days a week and waxed by me once in 3-4 months.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote