Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 12:01   #841
BHPian
 
Tassem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 467
Thanked: 418 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Hi all!

The Savage now has Brushless company! I got me a Slash 4x4. Running 2S Lipo. A new ESC and Motor are in the cards. A ton of upgrades are in the mail. Hopefully they'll reach me!

Does anyone know where I can source pinions and body posts in India?

I contacted Kapil who is associated with Traxxas india. He's helping me get most of the spares but it will be a month. I have a friend who is helping with the pinion as well. In the meanwhile I need to replace the badly worn body posts.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Tassem : 20th February 2013 at 12:05.
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 13:20   #842
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Hi all!

The Savage now has Brushless company! I got me a Slash 4x4. Running 2S Lipo. A new ESC and Motor are in the cards. A ton of upgrades are in the mail. Hopefully they'll reach me!

Does anyone know where I can source pinions and body posts in India?

I contacted Kapil who is associated with Traxxas india. He's helping me get most of the spares but it will be a month. I have a friend who is helping with the pinion as well. In the meanwhile I need to replace the badly worn body posts.

Any ideas?
What motor are you using? I may have some 8th scale pinions. But why are you changing the pinions?
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 22:49   #843
BHPian
 
Tassem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 467
Thanked: 418 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
What motor are you using? I may have some 8th scale pinions. But why are you changing the pinions?
I'm on the stock Vileneon Brushless. I did not get the stock 13T pinion and am currently running the 18T speed pinion. The motor hovers around 130F after a run on tarmac. I want to drop a few teeth so that it stays well within limits even while bashing.

Any 32P pinion will fit. The shaft is 3mm. I'm looking for 13,14 or 15T. Please tell me you have some!! I've put up a thread over at rcindia as well.

Thanks again!
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 23:37   #844
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I'm on the stock Vileneon Brushless. I did not get the stock 13T pinion and am currently running the 18T speed pinion. The motor hovers around 130F after a run on tarmac. I want to drop a few teeth so that it stays well within limits even while bashing.

Any 32P pinion will fit. The shaft is 3mm. I'm looking for 13,14 or 15T. Please tell me you have some!! I've put up a thread over at rcindia as well.

Thanks again!
I am not sure what the stock pinion is, but the 18T seems to be pretty high. May work on a track with high speed straight ways. I run 13-14-15T on my Mugen Eco. Anything above that is asking for trouble especially on a Mamba. The 8th scale pinions are for 5mm shafts. Sorry.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 10:40   #845
BHPian
 
Tassem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 467
Thanked: 418 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I am not sure what the stock pinion is, but the 18T seems to be pretty high. May work on a track with high speed straight ways. I run 13-14-15T on my Mugen Eco. Anything above that is asking for trouble especially on a Mamba. The 8th scale pinions are for 5mm shafts. Sorry.
The stock pinion is 13T. I'm comfortable taking it upto 15. Will be an ideal tune with the 54T spur. Good acceleration and manageable top speed. The 18T is a bit too much stress on the motor. Plus I dont need those speeds at the top end.

I'm planning an ESC upgrade to maybe ezrun or xerun. The new waterproof editions from cc is also very interesting. But I'll retain the motor for now.

Guess I'll keep looking. I'd really appreciate if you'll let me know when you come across any.
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 19:42   #846
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Anybody with a Electric Thunder Tiger MT4 G3? Looking for some user reviews.
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 20:15   #847
BHPian
 
Tassem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 467
Thanked: 418 Times
Default Traxxas Slash 4X4 - The Apartment

Hey all!

Had some time to kill today. Look what turned out!



The whole video, shoot included was done in 2 hours. Next time, it will be better!

Lemme know what you guys thinks!

Thanks!

Tassem.
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 19:25   #848
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cochin, B'lore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Guys, need some help. When I turn on my electric RC car, it automatically steers to the left on its own, and the wheels get locked at times because of this. I figured out that the problem is with the servo which gets jammed when the wheels are completely turned towards the left. Now, I'm not sure of the following:

1. Why do the wheels automatically steer to the left whenever I switch the car on? Is there any solution to prevent this from happening?
2. Should I get this checked? (post unjamming the servo, the car works perfectly fine)

The car that I'm using is Sandstorm, which I purchased from Modelart just a few days ago.

PS: Pardon me if the questions I'm asking are very basic, since I just made my foray into the world of RC cars.
275BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 22:15   #849
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,601
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Guys, i am a total noob when it comes to RC cars. I am interested in buying one with a budget of 5K . Is it sufficient? I am looking towards something like Tasseem has.

Also do these use AA rechargeable batteries or have inbuilt rechargeable ones? If they are inbuilt , how many recharges do they last? How easy is it sourcing a replacement battery?

Lastly, where in Bangalore can i get a good collection to choose from?
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 22:52   #850
BHPian
 
rohitbagai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 401
Thanked: 226 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP
Guys, need some help. When I turn on my electric RC car, it automatically steers to the left on its own, and the wheels get locked at times because of this. I figured out that the problem is with the servo which gets jammed when the wheels are completely turned towards the left.
You should calibrate the servo by removing the servo horns. You can find a 'how to' at YouTube.
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 00:01   #851
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,860
Thanked: 2,397 Times
Default Re: Traxxas Slash 4X4 - The Apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Hey all!

Had some time to kill today. Look what turned out!

The whole video, shoot included was done in 2 hours. Next time, it will be better!

Lemme know what you guys thinks!
.
Thanks for putting up this video, Who ever was driving has Brilliant Control
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 00:29   #852
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 717 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Hey all!

Had some time to kill today. Look what turned out!



The whole video, shoot included was done in 2 hours. Next time, it will be better!

Lemme know what you guys thinks!

Thanks!

Tassem.
Brilliant video! I'm also looking at going the electric way once the Revo is sold. Will hopefully find a good Slash 4x4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys, i am a total noob when it comes to RC cars. I am interested in buying one with a budget of 5K . Is it sufficient? I am looking towards something like Tasseem has.

Also do these use AA rechargeable batteries or have inbuilt rechargeable ones? If they are inbuilt , how many recharges do they last? How easy is it sourcing a replacement battery?

Lastly, where in Bangalore can i get a good collection to choose from?
At 5k, unless you're looking at used cars you may not be able to get proper hobby grade stuff. Let me ask, what will you be doing with the car ? Racing or bashing ?

I suggest you increase (i.e double) your budget and in the 10k range you may get more option like Slash 2wd, Sparrowhawk XXT to name a few. If all you're looking for is having fun running around in the neighborhood its better you get a car from Nikko or a similar brand.

I'm not so good with electrics, but from what I know they come with battery packs that are rechargeable and last a decent time. However, cars like Slash (what Tassem has) can run on Lipo which is more powerful than your regular Nimh batteries and also lasts longer. The car goes crazy with Lipo's trust me!

Alternatively, you can also look at Nitro's. This is what I've got. If you ever want to see it live, do feel free to drop in as you stay close to where I do.


shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 08:39   #853
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,601
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

At 5k, unless you're looking at used cars you may not be able to get proper hobby grade stuff. Let me ask, what will you be doing with the car ? Racing or bashing ?

I suggest you increase (i.e double) your budget and in the 10k range you may get more option like Slash 2wd, Sparrowhawk XXT to name a few. If all you're looking for is having fun running around in the neighborhood its better you get a car from Nikko or a similar brand.

I'm not so good with electrics, but from what I know they come with battery packs that are rechargeable and last a decent time. However, cars like Slash (what Tassem has) can run on Lipo which is more powerful than your regular Nimh batteries and also lasts longer. The car goes crazy with Lipo's trust me!

Alternatively, you can also look at Nitro's. This is what I've got. If you ever want to see it live, do feel free to drop in as you stay close to where I do.



Thanks for the insight Shashank! I did not know these things can be so costly! . Well my usage is for purely recrational purposes. Just for fun whenever i want. No racing et all.. And i would prefer electic motors rather than combustion motors.

Surely will give you a visit to check out your car once i finalize upon buying.Thanks for the invite .BTW is there any shop in bangalore where i can have a look at these ? And do these come with warranty if something goes wrong or is it grey market stuff? Thanks
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 09:42   #854
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Well, what do I say. I have a one year old daughter and bought a simple Remote Control car which runs on three AA batteries for her entertainment. Has a 27 MHz remote.She loves it, so do I and I got hooked to it. Now I am looking at something bigger for myself .

Not looking for anything fancy. Just something can do the apartment parking, small undulations, etc. How are the ones sold in Shopper's Stop? Does Croma sell them too? I have some Croma gift coupons.

This is what I have currently and does the job. Just need something faster and little more articulation.



MaSh
Attached Images
 

Last edited by mashmash : 27th February 2013 at 09:45.
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 10:16   #855
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,759
Thanked: 1,534 Times
Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Can anyone recommend a good abuse Friendly VFM RC controlled Battery operated 4X4(The one's running on fuel are expensive)-Correct?.
I just want to buy one for fun on weekends,as i have some vacant space,where i can have some fun with it,dont really want to spend much so i would prefer options which are easy on the pocket.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) thread bejoy Shifting gears 97 20th June 2017 20:25
DIY: Adding a Remote level control/ Bass remote to your Amplifier HimuraKenshin In-Car Entertainment 8 11th April 2012 16:59
A Device that can control all my gadgets / Universal Remote Control a4_attitude Gadgets, Computers & Software 28 24th August 2011 11:10
Radio Auto Launched! Radio TUK TUK RW9763 Street Experiences 2 24th November 2010 15:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks