Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 11th November 2014, 18:22   #916
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
For me Lift off was fine, and so were the controls, but I could not for the life in me get it into a stable hover... it would lift up, and veer sideways... so I callibrated it in expert mode (on a flat surface ofc) and adjusted the trim to avoid the wobble... even after this, it still veered a little, I couldn't find a sweet spot... but the main problem was that it would not keep altitude, it bobs up and down, scraping the floor and veering off sideways
Okay - so i've flown this thing a LOT, and as a result got a lot better than i was when i first got it.

One tip is to ALWAYS be working the sticks when flying a multi-copter.

Practice, practice. Forget about YAW/Rudder, just concentrate on the other stuff. I went from having a very bouncy hover to a point where i could fly it 16" in front of my face in about 6-8" of vertical airspace and not worry too much. Took about 2 weeks of flying it everyday.

Unfortunately though, I crashed it too much and now it automatically un-binds mid-flight. Gotta fix that. Hoping its just a loose battery connection :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Where can I buy one? and which models should I be looking at?
What price range are you looking at? The answers will differ widely based on this.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 15:08   #917
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

What price range are you looking at? The answers will differ widely based on this.

cya
R
Under 30k, hope I can find something worthwile.
Mtv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 18:03   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy a hobby grade R/C vehicle, either a drift car or a buggy. Preferably electric since nitro fuel would be a pain to find. Where can I buy one? and which models should I be looking at?
Thank you
If you are an absolute beginner and have no intentions to race anytime soon, I recommend Traxxas line of electrics. Not many brands have the range that Traxxas has for electrics. No buggies though, you can get SC trucks, drift cars, rally etc.

Electrics are not raced currently in India. Nitro is where the racing action is.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 15:58   #919
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
If you are an absolute beginner and have no intentions to race anytime soon, I recommend Traxxas line of electrics. Not many brands have the range that Traxxas has for electrics. No buggies though, you can get SC trucks, drift cars, rally etc.

Electrics are not raced currently in India. Nitro is where the racing action is.
Hey, Thank you for your reply. I don't ever intend to race, only play around every other weekend. Where can I buy a Traxxas car from? I live in Kolkata.
Mtv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 21:54   #920
BHPian

I finally got to try my Hubsan X4 H107c.Really nice build quality .The video footage from camera, looks good.

Flying needs some practice,but once you get it ,it is absolute fun.

The rotor blades need to be taken care off, as they spin really fast that my 5 year old son got a minor scratch which bled .So I keep my kid away, while I fly the quad copter, at a safe distance.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-img_0324.jpg  

Last edited by anilntny : 14th April 2015 at 21:56.
anilntny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 13:07   #921
BHPian

Hi RC experts,

I want to buy a RC boat. I have a fairly large water body in our complex(a pond, if you will), and I want to have some fun out there. Budget is very little. 5k at max. If I really get into this hobby, will buy something better in future. I need good range so that I can control it from the balcony of our flat.

Please advice.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   Reply With Quote