Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2015, 23:46   #2761
Senior - BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Guruvayoor/Chen
Posts: 1,005
Thanked: 1,398 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
For cycling and overnight camping, a rack and/or pannier is a must. Invest in a good rack and pannier and you will see the difference in the ride.

Keep up with those awesome rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Here's something that should work if your (most roadbikes) bicycle doesn't have eyelets: http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/produc...ck-_-pp_100016
Just bought the carrier, should have done this earlier. Thanks for the insight guys and especially Graaja for answering my queries.

The Bicycles thread-thumb_img_5612_1024.jpg

The Bicycles thread-thumb_img_5613_1024.jpg
ecenandu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 23:56   #2762
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Just bought the carrier, should have done this earlier. Thanks for the insight guys and especially Graaja for answering my queries.

Attachment 1407432

Attachment 1407433

Why is your mirror on the wrong side?
kumar2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 23:59   #2763
Senior - BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Guruvayoor/Chen
Posts: 1,005
Thanked: 1,398 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Why is your mirror on the wrong side?
I'm in Sweden, mate. Left hand drive here.
ecenandu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 17:34   #2764
BHPian
 
chethan.ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 159
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Planning a cycle trip covering western ghats and reach coastal by end of the trip. Idea is to cover around 120-130kms a day for 4 days.

Planning to start the ride from Hassan. Current plan is

Day 1 - Hassan to Kalasa
Day 2 - Kalasa to Thirthahalli
Day 3 - Thirthahalli to Sagar
Day 4 - Sagar to Udupi

Has anyone done this route? If you have any alternatives, please suggest.
chethan.ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 17:49   #2765
BHPian
 
Pallavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Planning to take up cycling again.. want to go for mountain (1st choice) or hybrid bike. Finalized some models of Giant and Canondale.

I checked with RR cycles, Marathalli but they dont have the models i am looking for. I will be visiting Giant store in Indiranagar this weekend.

Require some suggestions for Canondale stores in Blr (preferred) or Hyd.

Also some bike model suggestions in 35-40k range.
Pallavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 19:10   #2766
BHPian
 
chethan.ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 159
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Planning to take up cycling again.. want to go for mountain (1st choice) or hybrid bike. Finalized some models of Giant and Canondale.

I checked with RR cycles, Marathalli but they dont have the models i am looking for. I will be visiting Giant store in Indiranagar this weekend.

Require some suggestions for Canondale stores in Blr (preferred) or Hyd.

Also some bike model suggestions in 35-40k range.
For the budget you have, you will have lot of options. You can try Cadence90 in Jayanagar for Cannondale, Giant and Marin Bikes.
chethan.ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 19:35   #2767
BHPian
 
im_srini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Portland
Posts: 942
Thanked: 344 Times
Post Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Require some suggestions for Canondale stores in Blr (preferred) or Hyd.
While my only experience in buying cycles here in Bengaluru has been with 'Pro-Cycle' ( at Indra-Nagar ), I think Cannondale is being sold through 'Track & Trail' here in India.
If you bargain hard, you can get some nice discounts, or better yet, accessories.
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 19:49   #2768
BHPian
 
Pallavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
For the budget you have, you will have lot of options. You can try Cadence90 in Jayanagar for Cannondale, Giant and Marin Bikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
While my only experience in buying cycles here in Bengaluru has been with 'Pro-Cycle' ( at Indra-Nagar ), I think Cannondale is being sold through 'Track & Trail' here in India.
If you bargain hard, you can get some nice discounts, or better yet, accessories.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try and visit them next week if possible.

My preference is:
1. Hybrid or mountain bike
2. XS or S frame (5ft tall)
3. Front shock abs atleast - Bangalore roads are terrible at some places
4. Disc brakes
5. Ladies bike is not a must though the color options are much better in them.

Any other brands/models i should be looking at.
Pallavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 20:26   #2769
BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 734
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

You can check out the Pro-Bikers store in Chennai. They have a big range of all types of bikes. They will even ship to your home. I bought my bike from there sitting at home.
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 11:52   #2770
Newbie
 
relichunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 20
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Guys,

Please suggest good cycling tracks in or near Bangalore. Is there a cycling group in Bangalore? I stay in Electronics City and would love to know. Thanks in advance.
relichunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 23:12   #2771
BHPian
 
shk 8896's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CLT/CBE/TVM
Posts: 380
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Hey guys,
Please suggest a good cycle for road use. I'm a college student and stays about 3km away from college. First I thought of taking a motorcycle but decided not to (running costs, exercise, environmental concerns are the reasons). The thing is that the route which I have to take consists of some ups and downs and with moderate traffic.
So, considering a budget of about 15k, which is the best option in hybrid? Do note that I'm pretty short at 175cm.
Also, where in Coimbatore can I get these from?

Cheers
Sreehari

PS - I'm not interested in the aam junta Hurcules or Hero stuff
shk 8896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 00:05   #2772
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 997 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

I am sure you meant Right Hand Drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I'm in Sweden, mate. Left hand drive here.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:00   #2773
Newbie
 
relichunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 20
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Hey guys,
Please suggest a good cycle for road use. I'm a college student and stays about 3km away from college. First I thought of taking a motorcycle but decided not to (running costs, exercise, environmental concerns are the reasons). The thing is that the route which I have to take consists of some ups and downs and with moderate traffic.
So, considering a budget of about 15k, which is the best option in hybrid? Do note that I'm pretty short at 175cm.
Also, where in Coimbatore can I get these from?

Cheers
Sreehari

PS - I'm not interested in the aam junta Hurcules or Hero stuff
Hello Sreehari,

Given your budget, I would suggest a btwin rockrider-340. I own a rockrider 5.0 (now known as rockrider-300). I am 178 and use a medium size of the 5.0.
relichunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 21:58   #2774
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I am sure you meant Right Hand Drive.
LHD cars are for driving on the right side of the road.
kumar2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:11   #2775
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: The Bicycles thread

Bought myself a Scot Aspect 660, 2015.

Picked it up from Coimbatore, MVS Enterprises. Very very good dealer with immense knowledge about bikes and no trying to push any accessories.

This bike was my choice over the Rockrider from Decathalon.

I am from Coonoor, The Nilgiris. and bike 20kms per day, morning rides. Takes me 1.15 hours, average speed 15kms per hour.

Accesorioes- Scott helmet, cycling shorts, sigma trial blazer.

Now ordered- Wall hanger for bike, cyclocomputer.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by beejay : 3rd September 2015 at 13:14.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vintage and classic Bicycles in India the mole Pre-War 77 5th February 2017 09:54
Motor Vehicles Act - Improvements proposed: Higher fines, Reflectors on Bicycles, etc Rehaan The Indian Car Scene 36 28th March 2014 11:28
The Team-Bhp thread of shame (Pray you arent mentioned in this thread ) speedsatya Street Experiences 10 24th February 2012 14:27
BMW Bicycles!! Stratos Shifting gears 16 14th June 2005 21:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks