Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 2nd December 2012, 15:43   #1411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3

Yes, they are better. So are other brands starting from that range. But then what kind of 'service support' are you looking for

Should to able to fix most of the small things at home with basic equipment and youtube else any of the LBS should do. While I was in HYD, got KHS from B'lore and assembled locally. Interestingly, having same discussion on bikeszone - http://www.bikeszone.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=3&t=13032

Vijay
Ok. Will look into it. In the meantime I would like to hear about some models from the other guys as well.

Height 6 feet 3 in
Weight 115 kgs
Price 20-25 k

Suggestions please.
M5_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2012, 15:48   #1412
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan

Thanks,

How are the bikes from trek? I saw one that costs 25k and it looks good.

The problem with decathlon is the lack of service support in delhi.
Try Orbea Toureg XL size also available only on order. Giant Revel series is also a good bike.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 2nd December 2012 at 15:50.
arvindmanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2012, 18:42   #1413
BHPian

Default Re: The Bicycles thread

I am looking for a bike for me. I am 5 feel 8 inch and 84 kgs in load. My budget is around 12k. Basic daily use will be around 14kms office trip. I have shortlisted Hercules Ryders Neo. I want to know experts opinion.
sushantr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:33   #1414
BHPian

Does anyone have a trek 3500 cycle?
Old 5th December 2012, 09:57   #1415
BHPian

First day of commute to office for me by cycle today. Recently moved to another area (13km from office) and didn't realize how the inclines were on the route, but this is how bad it is, I really struggled on the last jump . No fancy bikes in possession, only a BSA Photon. Need to see if my body will adjust to it a few days later. Else back to motorcycle :(

The Bicycles thread-route.png
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 16:18   #1416
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I am looking for a bike for me. I am 5 feel 8 inch and 84 kgs in load. My budget is around 12k. Basic daily use will be around 14kms office trip. I have shortlisted Hercules Ryders Neo. I want to know experts opinion.

Hi Sushant,

If you could extend a budget a bit more, you could go in for Montra Jazz.
Its a neat bicycle, else a Hercules ACT 110 is also a very good option for commute purposes.
You could also check out some MTB's by Firefox and Schnell.
Happy Riding !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Ok. Will look into it. In the meantime I would like to hear about some models from the other guys as well.

Height 6 feet 3 in
Weight 115 kgs
Price 20-25 k

Suggestions please.
Have you checked Schwinn Bikes, they are damn neat, and very much in the price range that you are looking at. Bianchi has a hybrid which is around the same price range. Trek and Scott also have a couple of bikes in your price range.

Some links which might be of help
http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/ - Trek cycles.
http://www.trackandtrail.in/bikes.asp -- Track and Trail website. (this has some models of Trek and Axis.)

Then there is also the BOTS website which also has a lot of information.

A group on Facebook, by the name of Cyclops, which help people find bicycles, old as well as new.

Last edited by NMS : 5th December 2012 at 16:30. Reason: Information to be added.
NMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 16:59   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS

Hi Sushant,

If you could extend a budget a bit more, you could go in for Montra Jazz.
Its a neat bicycle, else a Hercules ACT 110 is also a very good option for commute purposes.
You could also check out some MTB's by Firefox and Schnell.
Happy Riding !!

Have you checked Schwinn Bikes, they are damn neat, and very much in the price range that you are looking at. Bianchi has a hybrid which is around the same price range. Trek and Scott also have a couple of bikes in your price range.

Some links which might be of help
http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/ - Trek cycles.
http://www.trackandtrail.in/bikes.asp -- Track and Trail website. (this has some models of Trek and Axis.)

Then there is also the BOTS website which also has a lot of information.

A group on Facebook, by the name of Cyclops, which help people find bicycles, old as well as new.
Hi

I have booked a trek 3500. I got the 2012 variant at a snazzy 5k discount over the 2013 model. The only difference between the two is the color. 2012 is matte black and green while 2013 is glossy blue.
Old 6th December 2012, 17:53   #1418
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I have booked a trek 3500. I got the 2012 variant at a snazzy 5k discount over the 2013 model. The only difference between the two is the color. 2012 is matte black and green while 2013 is glossy blue.

Damn Neat Man !! Congratulations on the buy How much did it cost you after a discount?
NMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 19:14   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post

Damn Neat Man !! Congratulations on the buy How much did it cost you after a discount?
The bike cost 20000 without any accessories. Mrp of 2012 is 22690 while for 2013 one, it is 24850. I did not like the colour on the 2013 model. On the accessories he gave me a 33.33% discount.
Old 7th December 2012, 16:17   #1420
BHPian

Had a Hero Ranger Swing way back in 2001. Would never forget the good times we had together. Planning to get a new one. Any suggestions on the models? Though initially would not use it for long rides, I will be using it only during weekends.

Height: 173 cms.
Weight: 75 kgs.
Budget: 5K.
Chris_Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 16:59   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Xtreme View Post
Had a Hero Ranger Swing way back in 2001. Would never forget the good times we had together. Planning to get a new one. Any suggestions on the models? Though initially would not use it for long rides, I will be using it only during weekends.

In this range you can take whatever looks lleasing to your eyes and whatever you like. I am saying this because in this range the bikes differ in only looks.
Old 7th December 2012, 18:40   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
In this range you can take whatever looks lleasing to your eyes and whatever you like. I am saying this because in this range the bikes differ in only looks.
Please dont ever do that. A good looking bike may not be a good riding bike. Please check bike geometry and do a good test ride before selecting one. Also, each bike will feel differently.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 19:42   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee
Please dont ever do that. A good looking bike may not be a good riding bike. Please check bike geometry and do a good test ride before selecting one. Also, each bike will feel differently.
In the 5k range all mtbs are similar. They differ only in looks. Even the frame sizes are the same.
Old 7th December 2012, 20:18   #1424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Are there any decent bikes around 4k price tag? Or a max of 5k. I'm 6 foot tall and weigh 90kgs. I like bikes with MTBish looks, to be frank.

I walk for an hour daily these days, but would like to take up cycling. Purely for city use & fitness.

I know 10k + is highly recommended, but thats way out of my reach currently.
Guys,

Sorry I bothered you guys with this question on the thread.

I visited 2 showroom over the last two days, and what came next was a shock. The cheapest cycle in the Hercules range started at 4.3k, and there was no way I would like to be seen on one of that. Its just a red frame with some golden stickers, no looks, no gears nothing. Guess, even children ride better stuff these days!

My previous cycle back in my school days was for 1.8k and i remember nice gear cycles being available for 2.1k. How times have changed! A gear cycle in the Hercules range (they told its the starting range for adults) shown to me was 6k+.

After a reality check - had a look at Hercules Act 110, but didn't like it at all. I have decided to postpone my purchase till I am able to afford some nice stuff. Which, sadly, might be one or two years down the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Xtreme View Post

I suggest you to have a look at the stuff available in the showrooms. Probably - you'll be shocked by the quality of bikes available at 5k these days. If you are from Velachery area, try 'Just Buy Cycles' on 100 feet road. They had a beautiful bike to offer for 6.3k (Forgot the name. Can check and tell if you require it). Only it doesn't come with gears/ suspension, but the spokes where made of alloy and the bike felt beautiful to balance.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th December 2012 at 20:20.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 22:28   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

I suggest you to have a look at the stuff available in the showrooms. Probably - you'll be shocked by the quality of bikes available at 5k these days. If you are from Velachery area, try 'Just Buy Cycles' on 100 feet road. They had a beautiful bike to offer for 6.3k (Forgot the name. Can check and tell if you require it). Only it doesn't come with gears/ suspension, but the spokes where made of alloy and the bike felt beautiful to balance.
Oh! Really shocked. If that is the case, will postpone my plan to atleast 6 months down the lane. Anyways it would be great if you could let me know the model name whenever possible.

Thanks,Chris
Chris_Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote