Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 7th February 2007, 17:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Try to avoid sat and sun if you can, the place's already teeming from what I saw today, there are going to be lots of traffic restrictions, do leave early if it is the weekend.
And for guys who did not manage to get tickets, you can still see the air display from outside the air base, do not go to the front entrance for a free peep, the air display happens at the rear portion of the base, moreover you will not be allowed to park anywhere near the place on the highway.
Come on to doddaballapur road for a few kilometers (about 3) and you can park and see the display.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 17:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Come on to doddaballapur road for a few kilometers (about 3) and you can park and see the display.
Can you please give direction to reach this place.. Is it on NH7 or somewhere else? Please suggest! don't know north Bangalore that much
Thanks in Advance

Last edited by greatDrive : 7th February 2007 at 17:56.
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 18:46   #33
Team-BHP Support

where exactly is it. try locating on wikimapia someone. theMag see wikimapia and find the airbase and tell us dude.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 19:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just drive ahead of the Air Show venue , you reach the Yelahanka Police Station Circle.Keep to your left and follow the road or even easier ask some-one the road to Wheel and Axle factory.

Quote:
Can you please give direction to reach this place.. Is it on NH7 or somewhere else? Please suggest! don't know north Bangalore that much
Thanks in Advance
Depends on where you drive from . If you know the Hebbal flyover , follow the road towards Yelahanka. They should have put up sign boards towards the venue. I saw a sign board near Mekhri Circle this morning so guessing that there should be one.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 20:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Like RJ says, after jakkur flying club do not take the byepass, but come on to the road where you can see a railway gate, cross the gate and drive on till a signal light, at the signal light turn left, and you are on Doddaballapur road, continue for about 3 kms on this road and you have to wait till you see the planes flying on your right!! That is if you come between 11 and 1 in the noon or 3 to 5 in the evening.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 20:58   #36

I tried 2 canara bank branches today and both said sales stopped on monday. I will be going there at 7.30am tomorrow(thur), where can I buy the ticket? Pm me if you're going tomorrow too.
bugatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 21:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey, in case anyone needs a weekend ticket, let me know- PM me or call me. My wife has decided to pull out so I have a spare ticket @ special rates for BHPians
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 22:30   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
theMag see wikimapia and find the airbase and tell us dude.

Wottami?? Your nanny? Next thing I know you'll expect me to sing lullabies to nod you to sleep. Sheesh - what is this world coming to ?

Besides my generosity is chargeable. In your case, one doughnut (to plug any loopholes, the aforementioned doughnut is not edible, but the one from WRC where the tyres are smoked and the car does a 360) in that black Lancer
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2007, 09:09   #39
BHPian

Himanshu San,

You have a PM, Don't know your Phone No, Anyway ou can call me at 9341074654.

Thanks.
Bhishma
Old 9th February 2007, 17:57   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

You can get the 200 & 300 tickets from the venue itself, i don't know if the 750 ticket, which include the exhibition area, are available.

200/300 tickets gains you access to public viewing area - Gates 7,8 & 9. To reach there continue on the 6 lane after the jakkur flying club and when you're about to reach the airbase you'll see a sign on the left and a road which you have to take to reach the gates. Continue down this road and you'll reach the gates, vehicle can be parked inside it costs 60 per 4wheeler and 30 per 2wheeler. Tickets are available once you enter the compund.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2007, 18:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
You can get the 200 & 300 tickets from the venue itself, i don't know if the 750 ticket, which include the exhibition area, are available.

200/300 tickets gains you access to public viewing area - Gates 7,8 & 9. To reach there continue on the 6 lane after the jakkur flying club and when you're about to reach the airbase you'll see a sign on the left and a road which you have to take to reach the gates. Continue down this road and you'll reach the gates, vehicle can be parked inside it costs 60 per 4wheeler and 30 per 2wheeler. Tickets are available once you enter the compund.
Thanks for that informatoin Shankar.
I have arranged one weekend ticket from Himanshu, and now can buy another one at the counter.
Let us know how bad was traffic and parking conditions? Any tips from you to avoid it will be handy.
Thanks.
Old 9th February 2007, 19:08   #42
Team-BHP Support

Just went for the show today. it was really good. I had a business invite and for my friends the Rs.750 ticket.

Only the parking is different for these 2. The business invite lets you park right next to the stalls close to the runway and you dont have to walk.

The 750 bucks you have to park opposite the airbase and there is a shuttle which goes through a tunnel to get you to the entrance.

From the 750 bucks you cant see takeoff landing but all the maneuvers are right in front of you.

Also you can see the planes come back and park and see the static display.

The 200-300 you have to stand on mud with dust flying parking is horrid and a pain and too far to see properly.

Traffic was pretty smooth. no hassles at all took me 45 mins from cunningham road.

Cameras and cell phones no problems to carry for 750 ticket.

The 2 shows morning and afternoon are not the same. they are different. If you come for the evening show you would have missed a lot or vice versa.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 9th February 2007 at 19:13.
Old 9th February 2007, 19:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Just went for the show today. it was really good. Cameras and cell phones no problems to carry for 750 ticket.
Where are the pics? Post them please!
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2007, 19:20   #44
Team-BHP Support

Should i post them now or once it's over. I have a lot of ultrazoom (12Xoptical) pics and videos.

Let me get to resizing them first.
Old 9th February 2007, 19:24   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I went on a weekday (yesterday), i reached there by 1.30 in the afternoon and the traffic was minimal. There was enough space for parking for both car's and bikes inside the compound, but on a weekend it might be crowded.

The gates close by 6pm after the show and everybody has to leave by that time. Once we come out of the gates probably they'll divert you towards our right which is a small narrow road and it bypasses 6 lane and takes you to the road which'll take you into the Yelahanka town and you join the 6 lane at Jakkur. There could be bad traffic and narrow roads til you reach Jakkur, but from the Hebbal flyover if you're going into the city the nightmare begins.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote