Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 2nd February 2007, 16:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

If i spat on someone accidentally (I dont spit publicly), i would be the first to apologize & offer to clean it myself. That would be the decent thing to do.

If someone has spat on you by mistake, it would be fair to give that person the chance to do the same & if he does not do that, then you could get close enough to him & do the mother of all spits as done by Jim Carrey in the movie 'Ace Ventua - when nature calls'. shikaka
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:15   #32
BHPian

I feel disgusted and follow it with a lecture session on why one should not spit in public, if at all what care should be taken, etc...
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 17:24   #33
BHPian

Will anyone follow gandhigiri in this case??
turbofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 18:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofreak View Post
I think one of our fellow bhpian has already replied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
I feel disgusted and follow it with a lecture session on why one should not spit in public, if at all what care should be taken, etc...
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
But my question & I've always had this dilemma is what happens after a rainy day if you're driving in town in heavy traffic with pedestrians nearby & your car's wheel goes into a puddle & creates a splash of the muddy water onto the pedestrians. This despite the fact that you're crawling & honking to make them aware of your presence. What do you do then? Do you apologise or just drive away?

I've tried my best to avoid this but despite that it has happened a few time & has always left me feeling a bit bad about it even though I tried my best to avoid it. What do you guys do in a situation like this?
As you said, I have the habit of honking during such a situation and also ensure that I slow down as much as possible so that there is minimal impact because of the splash. But, I was just wondering if these thoughts that occur to us will have any place at all in the minds of the corporation authorities.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

minds of the corporation authorities.[/quote]

I dont get this work "corporation" this word more defines me as
"Cor-pareshan"
Little out of the topic .

Old 2nd February 2007, 22:18   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

If Gandhigiri is followed, the victim will look like he's bleeding in all parts at the same time.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Maybe thats what Sam wanted to prove with his point about BIG GUYS..

MCL can probably Spit back....hahahahahaha...

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
MCL can probably Spit back....hahahahahaha...
Well, he does have a big mouth.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2007, 16:41   #40
BHPian

I think what your friend did was right, unless you teach these guys a lesson, they will never lean.

Here in Bangalore there is a law that you cannot urinate in public, however this is seen every day and niether the cops or the corporation have the guts to enforce this rule!

Why only spitting or urinating. What happened to the Auto lane rule, do you see Autos sticking to the left most lane, I also do remember the cycle lane.

Why do we have traffic safety week? Safety should be there 24/7/365. Period. Bangalore is becoming hell driving around.

Mera Bharath Mahan
Prithvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2007, 18:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Mera Bharath Mahan[/quote]

Mera Bharat Toh bohot Mahan hai but the thing is that because some people dont take the initiative to look it mahan.I even have seen people spitting and throwing eatables waste boxes and all when the car is in motion on highways here in Mumbai, which can cause major fatality to the car or bike following behind him.

Its time to wake up guys.....

Old 3rd February 2007, 19:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
In all fairness, I don't think violence is the answer.

I agree completely with making the perp clean it with his hands off your car. But then there are issues.
Like for example when a 6 ft 4 inch so called yeti asks the guy to clean his car, there's a good chance it will happen.

However imagine Stuart McLittle getting mad and yelling at a big guy for spitting. He may not succeed in making the guy clean his car.

What's my point here? I don't know really.
The point is probably that you feel that 'you haven't been fair to your conscience' ! You took your anger out at him, knowing fully well, that he couldn't retaliate etc etc.

This is one of the biggest problems on Indian city roads, where such abominations are aplenty, weather to walk away from a situation and risk lookin like a wimp or end up resorting to violence with someone else.

Me thinks the answer lies somewhere in the middle, asking him to wipe off the stain would be moral victory enough I guess. The 'best' second option would probably be to look like a wimp but prevent occurence of violence.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2007, 19:18   #43
Team-BHP Support

happened to me once made the guy clean it with his shirt actually i cleaned it with his shirt after hurling expletives at him about his mother sister and family.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2007, 19:41   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
happened to me once made the guy clean it with his shirt actually i cleaned it with his shirt after hurling expletives at him about his mother sister and family.

Vid, if its one thing you never will become, its a politician. The "politically correct" way of putting that truth would be something like, " The owner of the flying object showed graciousness offering his belonging towards helping another citizen, while references were made about his DNA".
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2007, 20:00   #45
BHPian

Luckily i didn't face such a situation till now, and maybe even i would have done same thing if i was in his place. So i think what your friend has done is right, otherwise these people will never learn.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote