Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th April 2012, 20:12   #271
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Remember when.....

Does someone remember buying vegetables with pocket change and fruits in quantities of 5 kgs especially during summer vacations.
Now we need to think 10 times and need to go to ATM before going to shop for fruits and vegetables.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 20:20   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Does someone remember buying vegetables with pocket change and fruits in quantities of 5 kgs especially during summer vacations.
Now we need to think 10 times and need to go to ATM before going to shop for fruits and vegetables.
Very True , Pocket change is for the carry bags now
Catalyst_delhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 20:27   #273
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Remember when.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Motor Boats, Anyone wants a ride?
Wow! You made my Sunday evening happy! You still have these in working condition?? These were one of the ultimate toys, simple yet very interesting!!
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 20:32   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
But now, whenever i tune to MTV or V, i find silly reality shows and stupid teenage dramas being aired. They have lost that charm of music now.
I happy to note that i am not alone. I wish they played more music and less reality. Reality is hardly real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Remember when you got your 1st Pay......on your 1st job
Cannot forget this and getting my first worldspace radio on my first pay! But sadly this is no more there!

Last edited by bblost : 17th April 2012 at 00:33. Reason: please use multi quote instead of back 2 back posts. Thanks.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 00:09   #275
BHPian

Hi everybody
Remember when an ad film used to cost less than rs 1 crore.
The first to break that barrier was MRF radials
Remember when Iridium launched their phones with one of the finest adlines"Geography is history now".Unfortunately it didnt (or maybe was not allowed to)
gain market share.
Remember when in Bombay Rogers with its 32 flavors of cold drinks used to rule the roost.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2013, 09:32   #276
Team-BHP Support

I watching a song from an old movie, and I saw this...

Now 100 times more people use keyboard, yet nobody learns typing anymore. Does anyone learn shorthand anymore? My uncle had a similar school, but had to shut shop for lack of students.

Name:  song.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  70.1 KB

Last edited by Samurai : 5th October 2013 at 09:35.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2013, 18:54   #277
BHPian

Remember filling air for your cycle tyres at 10 paise at neighborhood cycle repair shop. I have a connected anecdote - a school mate (whom I didn't know earlier) borrowed 10 paise from me after a school day in the cycle shed, since his cycle tyres were deflated, and didn't carry money with him. We started our friendship from that day and till date he is one of my closest pal!

Remember cycling 'kilometers and kilometers' (courtesy a famous Malayalam movie dialogue!) to and fro from school in your Hero, BSA, Hercules cycles? Raleigh brand was considered premium those days -speaking about early 80's.

Remember buying 'gas muttayi' (pronounced 'gyaas' -kerala special mint hard toffee without wrappers) from local 'murukkaan kada' (paan shop) for 5 ps.

Will post more later...
Safeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 13:17   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
ed) and the famous adline" Dont leave home without it" ards
A small correction here. The 'Don't leave home without it' tagline was that of American Express and not SBI.' That was a classic ad created by David Ogilvy of Ogilvy Advertising so please let's give the credit where the credit is due. The same man created another super tagline which has also reached cult/ icon status...'at 60miles an hour, the loudest noise in this new Rolls Royce comes from the electric clock'. This was created for Rolls Royce, the finest motor cars in the world.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 26th October 2013 at 13:22.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote