Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 12th October 2016, 00:06   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?

Hi Guys,

I am currently staying in Gurgaon. I intend to send my i10 to mumbai and get my scorpio from Mumbai

Which is the best transporter that can be used ? and what would be approx cost?

The location in Gurgaon and Mumbai will be same. Pick up and drop locations.

Please suggest

Thanks
Vish
hvishwanathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 00:21   #182
BHPian

Dear all:

I am stuck with a unique problem. I purchased a DS500 in Nagpur a month back and got transferred to Gurgaon a week later! I intended to drive the bike from Nagpur to Delhi in a span of 2 days over Diwali vacay and even planned for the route and acco, but unfortunately I injured my lower back 10 days back and now I have been advised to avoid long drives on a bike by the physio at Fortis hospital.

I have had torrid experiences transferring my Avenger previously in different parts of the country. I have used Railways, Road transport and self drive as options to shift my bike earlier and have had bad experiences most of the time. At one of the occasions my bike was untraceable for 21 days while being shipped by BlueDart from Bangalore to Nagpur. The train transfer from Vizag to Bangalore had taken 15 days 3 years earlier in 2013.

I am no mood to ship my new bike by rail/road (fearing the damages) and I cant even self drive it from Nagpur. Also the bike is driven for 350 kms only. I will get it serviced in Nagpur but the running in of the bike is also an issue.

Totally confused about this mess. Any valuable suggestions to get my bike transferred to Gurgaon?
saurabh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 06:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

Train and Truck Transport remain the best ways to move vehicles up and down the country.
Unless the destination is within driving distance and one doesn't mind the drive.
Ensure Transit Insurance though.
Best would be to work through a First class Packer-Mover Company. Takes the headache out of the equation.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 11:59   #184
BHPian

Friends, I intend to transport my wife's 1972 Fiat 1100 from Delhi to Bangalore. The car is in original condition, and still has its original coat of factory paint and original upholstery. It has not run for the past five years, but is garaged and dry. Given the current policies of the government, the car cannot be run on the roads of Delhi, so I'll probably have to move it my truck from door to door; that is, from Mayur Vihar, where it is currently parked, to my home in Bangalore. Who do you think is the best possible mover for this? On this thread I've read mixed reports about Agarwal Packers, but the others also don't seem to fare very well either. Are there any low floor trailers available, which I can hire/buy, for transportation of the vehicle on my own? I have a Yeti, which I could use to tow the trailer to Bangalore. Is that worth the trouble?
tonrag is offline   Reply With Quote