Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 14th March 2007, 18:56   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ah ok, I went when it opened, and they hadn't started yet. My bad.

Brigade Fuel, cheap and best. Peco's, tried and tested. Haze, always Haze...
Le Rock incidentally serves awesome food too. the sea food platter is to die for. anyway, lets not hijack the thread.

Are you in akshay? rope in the rest of the gang too bro.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2007, 18:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Le Rock incidentally serves awesome food too. the sea food platter is to die for.
This is true. Their food is rather good. So is Peco's, but then you never know if it's a cat or a rat or a chicken in your fried rice.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2007, 19:02   #33
BHPian

im probably going to be standing in line either on the 16th night or early morning on the 17th

Last edited by aggressive_anush : 14th March 2007 at 19:04.
aggressive_anush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2007, 19:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
This is true. Their food is rather good. So is Peco's, but then you never know if it's a cat or a rat or a chicken in your fried rice.
Oy.. what is this i hear about pecos???

Whatever...it was one damn tasty rat.
aggressive_anush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2007, 19:25   #35
BHPian

well the gates are open at 3pm right so a meet before 2 would be good as would like to be as front as possible.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 12:07   #36
BHPian

Mr. Venkat Vardhan (head of DNA) was interviewed on the radio last evening and he mentioned there would be stalls selling official Iron Maiden merchandise at the venue. First time they're doing this apparently.
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 11:53   #37
BHPian

is there any meet happening tomorrow.
Old 16th March 2007, 13:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
One of my friends in Oracle had bought 5 Tickets of 1500/- for a few of his friends coming in from Delhi.
Now they have cancelled out and he wants to dispose them off. If anybody wants those tickets please PM me.

Godfather

All the tickets are sold out..

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2007, 12:12   #39
BHPian

the concert was amazing first ftn played they were the campus rock idols winners the came parikarma with their original songs which means no longer are they a cover band they were awesome especially the violinist then came lauren harris not all that good but when the gods came still cant get over that i actually saw maiden the most amazing song that i liked was trooper and 666 and 2 minutes to midnight and best part is they said they will be here again within 17 months.
Old 18th March 2007, 12:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
and best part is they said they will be here again within 17 months.

Me 2...Thanks for the info dude...I felt miserable abt having missed the show.

But I will make bl***y sure I am there the next time to see Mr Dicksinson and Mr Harris.

Heard Eddie had made a guest appearence on the stage too?
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2007, 12:41   #41
BHPian

yes eddie guest appearance was amazing and even the tank even bruce dressed up as eddy in the red beef eaters dress with the bullet shot flag like eddie.
Old 19th March 2007, 09:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
best part is they said they will be here again within 17 months.
I thought they said that the wait WONT even be another 17 months, either way

Man oh man those guys have some crazy energy and still holding everything tight as ever. Bruce's voice sounds just the same as it did on their releases ages ago. The stage/visuals caused major excitement too. The sound system I think was capable of a lot more but seems like they were worried about power/energy!!

Thanks for this one DNA
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 10:45   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I enjoyed the concert but was disappointed as they wound up so early.

All other concerts I had been to wound up by 10.30pm. I wonder why Maiden wrapped up so early. (9.45 pm).

Just when we were getting into the groove it was all over.

Psycho, MCL, Godfather, v1p3r and myself met up at the Grand Ashok later on for some coffee and chitchat.
Old 19th March 2007, 12:38   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Positively everything I had hoped for and more. Bruce "The Siren" Dickinson sounded brilliant. It's amazing how he is still able to run around and jump about like that and still sing, nary a false note or any breathlessness.

It was a dream come true for me. Unfortunately i overdid the *ahem* smoking and drinking bit and the adrenalin rush was way too much so i had to go home and crash.

It was everything I had hoped for and more. I've been a HEEUGE maiden fan for about 15 years now and to me this was a pilgrimage.
As far as the opening acts were concerned, the very forst (college) band was ok, some sort of good beginning I guess, but a band trying to be waaay heavier than they actually were.
I personally thought Parikrama was absolutely brilliant, till the singer got carried away by the "Oh, look mama, no covers, only originals" speech and totally killed the moments.

There was one absolute downer though - Lauren Harris. This very nice looking(read: superhot) girl is the daughter of the legendary Steve Harris and she fronted this trashy rock and roll outfit that sounded like a cross between Shania Twain and Poison.
Under any other circumstances, she would have recd a decent audience (maybe), but opening for positively the greatest British Heavy Metal outfit, with that kind of music, was an absolute letdown. Unfair on the fans of Maiden actually. Anyways, when your daddy's one of the greatest bass guitarists of the world, not too many people can stop you.

Maiden ruled. Up the Irons. And Eddie was well, let's just say I think i've busted a vein in my head from all the joy-screaming I did. Thank you Iron Maiden.

And bruce did say one thing perfect. To quote Bruce Dickinson, after the first song.

"One day, you'll be telling your kids - You think your so (BEEP) smart, just remember, I was at Bangalore and I saw Iron (BEEP) maiden live!!!"
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 12:52   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
so i had to go home and crash.
We wanted to call you for our late night meet but guessed as much that you were too tired to make it.