Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 13th May 2009, 13:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

What abt your mileage display like in ANHC? At least in the higher variant of any car

Is the manufacturers are really afraid of their claims?!

Also 110-220 VAC option for mobile and Laptops
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 13:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Change the way the wipers are controlled (like in Swift, Fiesta spark
What's wrong with the Swift's wipers control?

Quote:
Provide a small light bulb inside the bonnet: [/b]how can the the manufacturers miss out on this one? I think it is more essential than providing a light in the boot! Will cost merely Rs 25/- at the most
The reason for this is that car's today are infinitely more reliable then they were years back. Car's rarely break down today so there really is no need for a light in the engine bay. Also, ASC's are well lit today compared to the roadside garagewala.

Quote:
Mirrors for the rear passengers. Why not provide mirrors for the rear seat passengers, for e.g on the front head rests?
That's a good one . But then where will the DVD screens be placed?

My suggestion:

Car keys should be on the left side of the steering column towards the inside of the car for safety reasons.

The current design is lifted from LHD countries. When we don't want wiper controls as per LHD format then why don't we complain over the LHD key slot which is more of a safety issue then wiper/light controls?

Last edited by amit : 13th May 2009 at 13:44.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 13:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

If I were a manufacturer , I will be looking for PROFIT .Period .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 14:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I have following wishlist

1. A Mobile Phone Charger (Mini USB connector is becoming a standard)
2. BT sync and voice call routing to the car speakers
3. A Notebook Charger (at least for the mid/high end cars)
4. An airline like Tray where we can keep our books, newspaper or laptop notebook
This can be fitted at the back side of the front seats. (needed in Class C/D/E
segment at least)
5. Accessories can be made as a standard : SUN FILM, Rubber Mats, Mud flaps
Some car manufacturers still charge extra for these.
6. A Tank full of the Petrol/Diesel/GAS, Some dealers give only 2-3 ltrs which is just
sufficient to reach the next fuel station. Of some one is shelling out 5-12Lacs for a
car, atleast a 1000-1500 RS worth of fuel should be given by the
manufacturer/dealer
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 14:30   #35
BHPian

If I were ....

Design electricals of the car similar to Palio
Why?? I've seen umpteen swifts, where headlight is switched on even the vehicle is switched off.

I think I'm setting a fire here..
mahadev_kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 14:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

I would like to add one one more thing

A Black BOX (similar to the one in the airline). it records the conditions at the time of an accident/collision etc and the data can be used in the investigation of the cause and also in settlement of the claims/legal purposes. The Black box would include a GPS sensor (an IC) and logs the location based data as well. This Black Box would also send an SMS to the registerd Healthcare/Insurance facility so that it also helps in getting those services faster.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 14:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

one thing I have been thinking about is:

why not have a small tiny brake light on the front of the car?

This would help especially pedestrians - sometimes when crossing the road it is impossible to judge whether the car is slowing down or not.

cheers
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 15:18   #38
BHPian

I'll put,

(1) ABS, Airbags, as standard for all cars,

(2) Mobile & laptop charger (as mentioned above)

(3) Free service / optional service pack for 5 years.

(4) *** with genuine parts.

(5) will never put odo & dashboard in central control.

(6) Stearing mounted audio control as a standard.

(7) try to cut down waiting period.

(8) if I am a Honda, will always put Alloys , fogs, ACC etc even in recently launched car.

Its really shameful that we have to dream some of the above points here in India, when they are just basic in other countries.

Last edited by loving_alaap : 13th May 2009 at 15:22.
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 16:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The reason for this is that car's today are infinitely more reliable then they were years back. Car's rarely break down today so there really is no need for a light in the engine bay. Also, ASC's are well lit today compared to the roadside garagewala.
valid point Amit but i think its more to do with the fact that temperatures in the hood area is quite high to fit a conventional bulb for lighting. it will definelty burst

it would be too expensive and not required to put some hi-tech bulb which can withstand high temperatures
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 16:27   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
I'll put,

(1) ABS, Airbags, as standard for all cars,

(2) Mobile & laptop charger (as mentioned above)

(3) Free service / optional service pack for 5 years.

(4) *** with genuine parts.

(5) will never put odo & dashboard in central control.

(6) Stearing mounted audio control as a standard.

(7) try to cut down waiting period.

(8) if I am a Honda, will always put Alloys , fogs, ACC etc even in recently launched car.

Its really shameful that we have to dream some of the above points here in India, when they are just basic in other countries.

Dude, dont you think you are asking for too much? The things you had mentioned do come at a price. Can eaisly raise the price of any car by Rs 1 Lac.

The features i was talking about can be incorporated almost free of cost!
akash_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 16:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
There are certain features which have always been bothering me in cars avilable across our country. If I were to make the changes, these are the things in my prioroty list:
  1. Change the way the wipers are controlled (like in Swift, Fiesta spark etc): how many of us have not accidently switched on wipers? Why not provide push buttons or controll knobs for the same?
  2. Provide a small light bulb inside the bonnet: how can the the manufacturers miss out on this one? I think it is more essential than providing a light in the boot! Will cost merely Rs 25/- at the most..
  3. Provide a clock as standard fitment: Apart form TATAs, why is a feature as basic as a clock present only in higher end versions of cars? I think it as as necessary as a speedometer. Will cost merely Rs 100 per car.
  4. Provide seperate section in the boot for bottles etc: The water bottles, polish & other car care products keep on freely dancing inside the boot leading to annoying noise. Why cant we have a chamber (like in refrigerators) for keeling them all inside the boot?
  5. Mirrors for the rear passengers: why not provide mirrors for the rear seat passengers, for e.g on the front head rests?
Please do share other missing features or some changes you people would recommend.
Nice suggestions, my two bits

1) a foot rest pedal (is it called the dead foot rest)(like the satro), it costs nothign (i assume) but gives great rest to the feet
2) anti glare rear view mirror
3) A danger triangle in multireflector installed on the back of the boot.
4) A flexible mobile phone holder.
5) speically for marutis : LOUDER HORNS PLEASE.

cheers,
ac.
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 17:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Nice suggestions, my two bits

1) a foot rest pedal (is it called the dead foot rest)(like the satro), it costs nothign (i assume) but gives great rest to the feet
2) anti glare rear view mirror
3) A danger triangle in multireflector installed on the back of the boot.
These are some good suggestions,

I would like to add a few points here:

1) A GPS system
2) Good amount of Leg room and Head room that can easily accomadate a 6ft. person
3) I would also want to get rid of the high beams (specially in Pune). I know its not practicle and you really need it but in Pune its like an enforced rule that everone has to drive on high beams
Ankoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 17:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Going through skoda,honda experiences in this forum ,I hope India should "invent" a new type:
Just Provide us car chassis and dash along with the various plans of the car.!We will have local body builders to build bodies like Trucks.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 17:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoor View Post
These are some good suggestions,

I would like to add a few points here:

1) A GPS system
2) Good amount of Leg room and Head room that can easily accomadate a 6ft. person
3) I would also want to get rid of the high beams (specially in Pune). I know its not practicle and you really need it but in Pune its like an enforced rule that everone has to drive on high beams
Hmm the thread here is how to make a small change and make a huge difference, and also these features should not cost a bomb to the manufacturer.

But your thought on the highbeam is interesting, or instead of banning high beams, all the lights should have that 'eye' drawn on the head lights, it does make a lot of difference.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 17:21   #45
BHPian

If I were a car manufacturer, I'd be accountable to my company's shareholders and my bankers and I'd do whatever it took to maximize profits...
Astleviz is offline   Reply With Quote