Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 13th May 2009, 17:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
5) speically for marutis : LOUDER HORNS PLEASE.
I heard recently from couple of dealers that some new regulations have been introduced in India, which limits the loudness of the horns
is it true ?, any anyone knowledgeable throw som light on this ?
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 17:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I heard recently from couple of dealers that some new regulations have been introduced in India, which limits the loudness of the horns
is it true ?, any anyone knowledgeable throw som light on this ?
that memo for sure has not reached any dealer in mumbai

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 17:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoor View Post
3) I would also want to get rid of the high beams (specially in Pune). I know its not practicle and you really need it but in Pune its like an enforced rule that everone has to drive on high beams
Auto Bright/Dim when vehicle in opposite direction present/not present should make mandotoray, to make the night drive like day. If it comes with a cost doesn't mind.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 17:47   #49
BHPian

I never felt any horn from maruti was soft, including my swift which I find pretty loud.
Gagan.js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 17:48   #50
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
If I were ....

Design electricals of the car similar to Palio
Why?? I've seen umpteen swifts, where headlight is switched on even the vehicle is switched off.

I think I'm setting a fire here..
Yea Maruti has still not learnt this simple thing. Another thing I liked on the Fiats is that it is impossible to lock the car with the keys inside. Something that happens so often with the Marutis.
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 18:54   #51
Team-BHP Support

1) More dealer options with accessories (Tires, alloys, stereo, speakers, GPS etc.)
2) Options to add configurations at dealers end instead of an absolute NO, make it costlier i wouldnt mind
3) Offer professional A>S>S, engineers who are trained and who knows their machines, instead of half hearted bunch who cant do anything more than what they have received training on
4) Premium parts and consumables that one can choose, when we go for A>S>S
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 19:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

I'd add a cool keg in the boot with a power supply.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 22:11   #53
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A wiring harness which allows fitment of ICE, Central Locking, Power windows, LPG/CNG kit etc without any cutting. No voiding of warranty for adding the same.
pedrolourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 22:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

High performance versions of all my cars.
ABS/Airbags options across the range
Extra factory options for tyres (options for upsizes)
maximum part reuse and cross compatiblity across versions and models -
will support the racing and if possible, provide support/work with well known tuning firms
Ensure that all dealerships actually have marked test drive cars
Ensure that My ASC's have mechanics who are competent with diagnosis , and not replacement happy ( should save me a ton on unwanted part replacement )
will sell spares in the open market
My suppliers should fear my QC folks
every car of mine should have a product lifecycle of about 8~10 years.
An ERP implementation where customers can track their vehicle histories, just like my dealers can.
Assured buyback and my own Second hand dealership chain
Extended warranties with options for yearly renewal , with rates based on vehicle age and mileage.
focus on value rather than volume and growth
However , i give no assurances on prices/rates. though reasonable, chances are , will end up higher than the industry average

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th May 2009 at 22:29.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 23:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
There are certain features which have always been bothering me in cars avilable across our country. If I were to make the changes, these are the things in my prioroty list:
  1. Provide seperate section in the boot for bottles etc: The water bottles, polish & other car care products keep on freely dancing inside the boot leading to annoying noise. Why cant we have a chamber (like in refrigerators) for keeling them all inside the boot?
Well, unfortunately you are not a car manufacturer and looks like you are also missing out on an opportunity to become an accessory manufacturer

You can make a boot accessory for storing stuff and use Billy May to advertize it on TV.
Attached Images

Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 17:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
i remember telling him that he could have bought the 1.3 and stuck on a 1.5 badge and saved a load of money!!
Given a TD by changing the badge to a normal buyer. I believe he will say the "1.3" is "under powered".
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 18:31   #57
BHPian

This is a nice thread.
My two paisa worth.

If I was a CEO for
Maruti - Would not worry too much since India seems to be buying anything Maruti makes , Dzire , Estilo ( No Offense meant to anyone here)

Hyundai - Make a better placed SUV and a high level entrant. Elantra just aint selling.

Ford - Life has gotten better after the Fiesta release and waiting for the FIGO to be released into the Indian Market.

Chevrolet - Hmmmm.....still finding my way around the Indian Market.
Honda - Reduce the price of my cars ( Again , this is because I am the CEO)

Toyota - Relax , I have the best job in the world.

Mahindra - Ask Renault to build a better looking Sedan. Logan looks like it came into the wrong era.

FIAT - Now here is a job maybe even the Toyota CEO is eyeing. Well placed currently but surely will try to improve the A.S.S

TATA - Keep making betters Cabs since personal vehicles just dont seem to be selling as they should. Improve the quality of screws in the cars. They seem to fall off as soon as they are out of the showroom.

BMW - Think about how I can kick Audi out of Business in the worlds second largest Automobile industry.

Audi - Think how I can kick out BMW.

Merc - Keep making cars , German cars love Indian people...or is it the other way round.

Skoda - Search for another Job.
RP_812 is offline   Reply With Quote